Forum Discription: Blogs
URL: http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4719
Printed Date: 18/Apr/2024 at 3:57am

Topic: Good Bye..
Posted By: basant
Subject: Good Bye..
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 5:39pm
Dear Friends,

The events of the last few weeks leaves me in a state of discomfort. The mindless mudslinging by a few hiding behind the burkha of internet pseudo names - with a motive that is as elusive as their real identity has left a bad taste. I am surprised as to why most people would rather bring somebody down than try and stand up to his height.

Maybe this is a way of life which I am getting used to.

Added to this was the selective leaking of research write ups and all other information that I used to share on this platform. In fact people created What's Up groups where sharing of copyrighted material had become a norm. One person had conveniently put my research report on a Facebook group with over 2000 members. All this has been a pain to deal with. I have the names and voice samples of the culprits here but have resisted in going ahead as they are young professionals with a few decades of work life left ahead of them.

In my nine years of online activity I have never backed away from an argument. But those arguments had always been with people whom you knew existed. And not with people who just had a mischievous intent where one person created half a dozen identities and kept posting across the web. I refuse to be drawn into a fight where my opponents identity and existence remains hidden from the real world.

I am willing to argue with anyone on anything - anytime. But the person should first lift his veil and reveal his identity. As I always say internet blog sites are a funny place. It is an arena where people who buy 50 shares scream the loudest while the ones who buy 5000 don't write they just read.

I have always believed that people will value integrity, over intelligence and intelligence over wealth. I have played the game fairly for all the past nine years and need no proof from anonymous onlookers to prove the same. My subscribers most of whom I have known for almost a decade continue to back me on this with full might and strength.

It is true that Basant's Corner was creating ripples. Who likes to see people learn and earn - both at the same time? Business strategy suggests that clients should be educated only up to a point and not beyond it. But I went ahead as my subscribers were not clients to me - they were a part of my extended family.

I have had requests from people as far as Australia & America and as near as Dubai that they are willing to fly down on 24 hours notice to any place that I suggest to vouch for my credibility. My inbox is full with hundreds of mails of appreciation and accolades. Thank you all for your help and support. I wish I could have reciprocated the same by being with you for ever.

People come to the market to make thousands. At Basant's Corner we made crores. It was a collective effort where people postponed buying off houses; cars and jewelry as they embarked on a journey to financial freedom through stock market investing.

Most of them have succeeded and the others are well on path to it. Maybe this worries the onlookers.

It isn't easy to create reputation in the online world. The reputation and support that I have created is easily the subject matter of envy for many. It has disrupted thought processes all across. Moreover, it has encouraged people to be smarter in their financial dealings making them better managers of their own money. Maybe this also hurts. Who knows?

No one becomes rich by envying others; no one grows in life by feeling jealous. Being envious and jealous doesn't help one to swallow someone else's gain with a little less pain either. In all it just increases the suffering. But that is not my problem as I have always tried to learn and excel rather than abuse and insult.

Then there is this talk of me blocking off people on Twitter. This is true. If you have an intelligent discussion to make I welcome you with open arms but if you just have an axe to grind - my doors shall remain closed for you. I do not engage in needless accusations and unnecessary fights so the best thing to do is to raise the boundary wall of my house.

Guys, we talk of our 5,000 year old culture; we talk of India becoming an economic superpower can we do that if we keep engaging in mindless mudslinging? Had I been a thick skinned hippopotamus engaged in cutting corners I would have continued to run Basant's Corner instead of closing it. Someone told me that politicians get insulted all the time but still do their job. My answer was 'Maybe that is why I'm not in politics'.

No one closes down a business which is in its prime. I could have doubled subscription rates and kept back 80% of my subscribers but making money wasn't as important as sleeping well at night. I never took this job as a business or else I would never have closed it.

All this talk of me closing this out of fear is as bizarre as the other allegations. At an oportune time I might show as to why I have got nothing to fear about. But I am unwilling to open my defence in front of all and sundry.

My members have been under my skin to ignore this even as my phone rings continuously. But once a decision has been made we can't go back.

My final message for my friends who are so near and dear to me remains the same:

'Dare To Dream with Stocks
                            &
                  Invest without fear'

I wish you all the very best in the times to come and my sincere apologies again for leaving you midway like this.

Maybe life has a bigger role for me. Will surely come back to you then.

I look forward for your support and well wishes.

Yours Truly,

Basant Maheshwari

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Replies:
Posted By: shri1074
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 5:50pm
I was fortunate to meet you on TED and BC. It has certainly channelised my thoughts on becoming a good investor. Thanks a ton for your guidance.

Earth is round so hope to meet you again.

Posted By: pawankhatri
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 5:59pm
I joined BC when I was in heavy losses and recouped all of it and even made some money but more importantly, learnt and realised the mistakes I was making. The dream to achieve financial independence through stock market investing is something I got from you. And as long as one has dreams, one lives in hope and what greater gift can a teacher give to anyone than hope. Thank you very much Sir! Looking forward to join you in your next stock market journey.

Posted By: bharti
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:01pm
Thank you Basantji for all you have given us!  You really gave and instilled confidence of daring to dream and investing without fear - as a result of which I became financially independent by investing only in equity and nothing else.  It has been an outstanding journey for last 8-9 years of association with you. You INTEGRITY and QUALITY of Advice is unparalleled. Thank you for making us part of the extended family! I hope you will soon be there for us in some other form!  You are doing a right thing by ignoring the miscreants and cheaters, no need to waste time on them.  All the best!

Posted By: bharti
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:03pm
Basantji, I still see a banner on top of this blog "Join Basant Corner"!!  I am clicking on it to join again!!!

Posted By: ramsey123
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:05pm
Basant, maybe we can take this forum back to the good old days where everyone discussed and chimed in as a community? If BC ends, it could mean the revival of TED.

Posted By: baba
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:08pm
Thnaks a ton for whatever u have done ... will miss u ...

-------------
A monthly investment of Rs 500 (Rs 17 per day) for 30 years @21%CAGR can create a wealth of Rs 1.5 crores. !!!

Posted By: bagdi
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:09pm
TED was a part of my daily life and routine and used to love the one liners, quotes replied by you. Now you saying Good bye to us is not so easy to digest but as It is said Life has to go on and never do things that you aren't comfortable.

I respect your decision and also
Wish you all the Very Best for all the ventures in the future.

I am sure your Intense Research, Continued up gradation of knowledge and date in stocks that you advise will take you to new and greater heights.

Posted By: smart_prof
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:12pm
I used to follow equity desk since 2006 but never had courage to buy those ideas only after i got into basants corner i started buying bc stocks and i always bought top 5 ideas only and i have done exceedingly well thoug i could have done better if i had more belief and faith in earlier on when i joined but i went slowly on the way but the biggest what i got from bc was the courage to put more and more money into buisneses and fearlessly and i thank basant sir for that .I must say i can take on any one on any forum if anyone questions basant sirs integrity .He is the one and only person i could ever find who was willing to help every one . Sir all the best from my side and may you shine brighter than ever .

thank you sir once again thank you very much
pl do give an opportunity to meet in Mumbai or any where whereever whenever possible .

good bye and all the best sir i hope we shall be in touch or electronic media but by the heart connection we will always be toif not by hone or social media

thaxx again sir

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:23pm
I dont know wehather you will believe it or not .I am a very emotional person .And this is one of the many ocassions where it hurts .(as i am growing older i am learning to control the emotions and seen many ups and downs peronsally and professionaly) .But still i am unable to hold my emotions back .

thaxx sir for what you have given to me .This is not about the paper wealth but about the wealth which which no one can take back from me .

I am as my many bc feinds is always with you , and hope the very best for you . and as u said in your message may be bigger canvass is waiting for you and sir i am VEry very very sure that the canvass will be way bigger than what most of us can imagine including your self .Good bye for now again.

thaxs and all the very best

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:25pm
wanted to speak with you for 15 seconds but i can understand you would be very busy with calls and other things so that can be later bye again

all the very best sir

regards

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:27pm
rue story: Once upon a time there was a doctor. He used to treat patients free of cost. He cured several patients & had a huge fan following. The doctor then got bored of it & opened a small private clinic. He used to charge a small fees for his advice & services. The patients were very happy with the doctor as their ailments completely went away. Some not only gained their health & wealth but also their confidence back. Some made careers out of it. Some prevented serious ailments by just listening to the advise the doctor gave to other patients. Some acquired healthy practices from the pearls of wisdom the doctor shared with everyone. The doctor had a huge influx of patients, he increased his fees, but new patients just kept on coming & his popularity continued to grow. While working at the clinic, the doctor also wrote a book, a best-seller in which he poured years of his knowledge & experience. Many people flocked to purchase his book & became die-hard follower . Seeing his popularity, some competing doctors got jealous of him. They began a deliberate campaign to deride him, malign him. They even sent some rogue patients and falsely accused the doctor. The doctor being a saint tried to cure these rogue patients as well but they had been brain-washed and damaged beyond repair. Seeing the adverse reactions from some patents and jealous doctors, the doctor lost his patience and decided to close the clinic. The doctor is presently contemplating his next steps and his die-hard followers are watching. The group of jealous doctors are celebrating as their objective has been met, but they don’t realize that some of them have been un-masked. They don’t have a career anymore. The doctor may decide to only do open-heart surgeries or brain surgeries from now but that is the doctor’s choice. As the clinic closes, the patients are teary-eyed, but are thankful to have met the doctor who completely changed their lives. Good luck doctor saab!
Great

sir this is fantastic and great i advise all those guys also to read this .this is poosted by one of my Bc freind ... hats off

Posted By: rapidriser
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:34pm
Dear Basant ji

Thank you for your guidance in TED (where I joined a bit late), and in BC (where I joined from the beginning). Its been a wonderful journey of learning and earning. Sad to see it coming to an end. But wish you all the best for your future.

-------------
When all else is lost, the future still remains. - Christian Nestell Bovée

Posted By: Akaash Bansal
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:39pm
"my subscribers were not clients to me - they were a part of my extended family".....So true sir..... We are a family now....will always be in touch with you.....Really feeling sad,Heavy hearted.....Good Bye BC...Not BM....

-------------
Thanks..
Akaash Bansal

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:43pm
"my subscribers were not clients to me - they were a part of my extended family".....So true sir..... We are a family now....will always be in touch with you.....Really feeling sad,Heavy hearted.....Good Bye BC...Not BM....

so true ...

good bye bc not bm sir   ....

Posted By: atulbull
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:51pm
Basantji it has been a tremendous journey with you for these last 7-8 years, my greatest learning from BC has been to Invest without Fear, I was lucky to have found you early in my life and you guidance changed my life for the better. You will always have a special place in my heart, I wish you all the best for your future Ventures. Thank you for everything from the bottom of my heart.

-------------
Price is what you pay.Value is what you get.

Posted By: jagbir
You are the one who made me realise that wealth can be created through equity investing and showed right path for it. Would never forget your contribution towards shaping up my investing life! These ups and downs will come and go but you will remain great inspiration for me throughout my life.

-------------
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.

Originally posted by bharti

Basantji, I still see a banner on top of this blog "Join Basant Corner"!!  I am clicking on it to join again!!!

You can join Basant now. ignore the last word!!!

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Posted By: RSS4245
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:56pm

Posted By: kapil1303
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:01pm
My Original ID on equitydesk is Kapil1301 today re-registered as no longer using the mail I was using 7-8 years ago and for these 7-8 years the one thing i followed passionately was you Basant Sir either at the equitydesk or at the Basant Corner.
I dont think/imagine anybody who has followed you for more than 2 years can put even a point on your integrity leave alone a question of QUESTION MARK!!!!!
Sir it is not you who are losing by closing the Basant Corner but its your die hard follwers like me who are losing.
But we are understand your decision as even after doing so much for the subscribers some have made the material of Basant Corner public and also raised question on your attitude.
Just did nt know that there exists a certain kind of breed of people who pay 50k-1lac for a subscription and than made it public.
I think these kind of people need you more as they need to learn from you PROPER CAPITAL ALLOCATION no doubt they did not find Basant Corner worth it.
Since your announcement of closure of Basant Corner I have been watching your videos on You Tube - Your interview in Money Money and CNBC TV18 and reading your book.
It is really sad to see a person like you having Infectious Positivity and such a gentle attitude being dragged into all this but sir we are sure eventually you will Come out as Winner as has always been the case with you --BETS.

Will look forward to all your interviews and eagerly waiting for them as thats the only medium for us to learn from you.

Best Of Luck Sir (Although I know we will need it more without your guidance)

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:03pm
Correction :   as has always been the case with your --BETS.

Posted By: us121
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:05pm
Dear Basant,
For me it was more of an institute than an advisory service. In fact, the approach was more of being capable to deal on my own rather than just find an advice and make money out of it. Still fortunately I got both!
I believe the importance of being with BC will never be known by anyone who were never there. Somehow I always had a hidden fear that if BC closes down that what? And hence though I may have hardly raised few queries there, my learning was more of what goes in your mind when you deal with the question from your member. And I noticed how you give customized different advice to each one of them considering their background, risk appetite, temperament and so on.
The biggest benefit if I summarize, they are:
1.     Think as a portfolio and never as a single stock. Also understand interdependence of stocks within the portfolio.
2.     Work on my own conviction and not on borrowed conviction of any one including advisor
3.     Bet heavily when I have got my own conviction. If betting on a specific stock is not good enough to move the needle considerably, efforts are not worth.
4.     Keep adding the winners at every point of time as and when a value is seen in them.
5.     Good and Cheap generally do not go together and therefore be ready to pay the fair price. And do not off load the Goat from my shoulder even if every one shouts that being a dog, as far as I have conviction (based on my study and data) that it is a Goat.
6.     And Last is Dare to Dream and be the reason of Dream for Many, by helping them to move on the path of Financial Freedom.

Thanks for all we could achieve together with entire BC Team. No regret for, terminating the journey as far as I enjoyed the journey well throughout the period I got engaged.

All The Best to You and All The Co-Members who helped to enhance my wisdom.

-------------
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top

Posted By: catchsudipto@gm
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:05pm
Not able to retrieve my old passwd for last 9+ years so decided to open a new one. What to say never thought a month before that i have to see this day or read your Goodbye message from you. All those happen in a few days. Cant even that what will i do from Wednesday's evening. After office i user to glue to BC like a Gluestick. Leave apart my Wife even my 10 years old son used make fun of me as he used to say OH NO BC AGAIN whenever he user to see BC in my Laptops screen. He used to say "Basant Guruji Ghan"....... In my 44+ years of life, a few good things happened in my life and i rank TED & BC within TOP 5.  I am still not out of the shock that TED & BC is closing.  
I Congratulate all my fellow ted & BC members for this wonderful platform, without  their help TED & BC could have never reached this height. WISH you all the very best in life.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:16pm

Posted By: Sana M
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:17pm
How can I put in few words or few sentences what it means to be part of BC. I am in stock market since 15 years and had lost almost my lifetime of earnings in the hands of HBJs of this world. I came across BC at retirement stage of my career and decided to give it a try. I did not follow BC recommendations and advice all the time because of my bitter experience with various equity consultants who had managed to reduce my capital to 5% of its value.

As time went on at BC, I realized that here was a gem of a person – the one and only KOHINOOR with a crystal clear honesty and integrity and intelligence whose advice could be followed towards financial freedom. I did not fear retirement as I knew there was a rock solid support at every stage. So what, if, being a Muslim lady I do not believe in taking bank interest, I was sure Basant Sir would be always be there to generate sufficient returns for me on my investment.

As BC winds up within next 24 hours, I wish for a glorious future ahead for Basant Sir. May you keep on shining bright and be able to find a way to assist many more in future towards financial freedom. Ameen.

Posted By: satish23
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:19pm
When I started working I was just wondering what to do with the saving, though I was well qualified I was totally ignorant about finances(as most doctors)
I was going through all the articles /blogs/websites/magazines/business channels, so started with MF, till 2009 without much understanding.
Then on one very fortunate day stumbled on TED. Read many old posts & topics & finally came enlightenment, till then thought direct stock investing is not for common man (courtesy so called experts & advicers on TV).
Started reading books & Put significant money in stocks with good results.
Then came BC & so the daring to dream with stocks. your wisdom and philosophy in life and investing will be missed by all good fellows.
The greatfulness can't be explained in words

Thank you sir for educating & guiding us. Wish you all the success & peace of mind.

Hoping for an opportunity in future to learn from you.
THANK YOU
Sathish Kumar k m
Bangalore

Posted By: raj_koth
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:25pm
Dear Basantji, it is a great loss to small investors that they would miss a great guide/teacher in you. BC created lot of crorepathis. Your teachings to us will remain forever and would guide us. When in doubt or confusion, we can refer to our bible, The Thoughtful Investor book. You are so open that you revealed all your experiences and stock market nuances in your book and also online.

What i learnt from you:
1. Dare to dream with stocks. Invest without fear. I never wait in cash to wait for THAT great moment to deploy cash (where that moment would be filled with greatest fear to enter). No more market timing. After deploying the cash, everybody would be fully invested and i dont understand how some people advice to maintain certain cash levels always (when do they invest it then).
2. Portfolio allocation is more important than stock selection. When an opportunity strikes, invest with greater weight.
3. Borrowed conviction is more dangerous than borrowed capital.

There are lot of pseudo advisory companies which become member of stalwarts like you and then make money by echoing the recommendations. These people hardly understand the key USP of Basant's Corner and wrongly touch the lion (mkt) to get beaten up while putting the blame onto you in online communities/message boards/social media. No true investor following the quintessence of your teachings in basant's corner can lose money in stock market. You created wealth for your subscribers and more to it, built confidence in them to approach the market as our companion in wealth building.

We will miss you a lot for sure. Wishing you the very best in life and hope to see you even BIGGER. You are the epitome of integrity and preach what you follow yourself.

BTW there were few tweeter stalwarts who echoed that basant is advising his members to go on leverage etc. You are the only one in the world to have dealt this topic in detail in your book and also prescribed guard rails for leverage and also its pitfalls/demerits. So called buffett followers in India do not understand that buffett's wealth is mainly due to the FLOAT (another form of leverage). You taught us that debt is not a sin and when used wisely with guard rails, companies as well as investors can create wealth.

Thanks,
Raj

Posted By: yoda
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:26pm
I didn't know much about Warren Buffet, didn't at all know about Graham, Lynch, Munger but first Guru I saw on net in TED and I was amazed with open mouth while reading every word typed by him because I was 100% sure that stock market is Las Vegas of poor gamblers. Basantji, why I call you my Guru from very deep of my heart because you changed my perception about stocks investing upside down. You taught us to focus on few but very important jargons like ROE, business scalability and longavity etc. Now whenever I see new stock, I even don't rush to see it's price but it's market cap, then it's RoE and other few parameters. Your philosophy of investing I admire the most. All talk about 8th wonder online but I will talk about 9th wonder which my Guruji gifted to BCians - that is - "PERCENTAGE ALLOCATION OF STOCKS IN A PORTFOLIO" which leads to 'CAPITAL PROTECTION IN AUTOPILOT MODE'.
    GURUJI, YOU ARE AWESOME, ORIGINAL, SINCERE, HONEST, and so many words (my bad english, less vocabulary).
    YESS, YOU ARE RIGHT, WE ARE READY TO PAY EVEN 2 LAKHS FOR UNPARALLED QUALITY OF YOUR ADVICE AND MENTORING/TEACHING.
    ----------------
    I will never say Good Bye to you. We have great example of the dog who entered heaven with the great Pandav Udhishthir. We BCians will be with you always wherever you will be in heaven as well as in hell (as we feel now).
    This is my emotional state in front of computer screen -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlV3jJwxPKQ

-------------
"Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking
"With our thoughts, We make our world" - Buddha

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:30pm
Debt is not a sin losing capital is. that is why we focus more on capital preservation than on refusing to take leverage.

If a stock is going up forget leverage I will sell my house to buy it. Remember when Repco listed at 170 we used to say - Sell your Home and buy Repco Home!!!

Originally posted by raj_koth

Dear Basantji, it is a great loss to small investors that they would miss a great guide/teacher in you. BC created lot of crorepathis. Your teachings to us will remain forever and would guide us. When in doubt or confusion, we can refer to our bible, The Thoughtful Investor book. You are so open that you revealed all your experiences and stock market nuances in your book and also online.

What i learnt from you:
1. Dare to dream with stocks. Invest without fear. I never wait in cash to wait for THAT great moment to deploy cash (where that moment would be filled with greatest fear to enter). No more market timing. After deploying the cash, everybody would be fully invested and i dont understand how some people advice to maintain certain cash levels always (when do they invest it then).
2. Portfolio allocation is more important than stock selection. When an opportunity strikes, invest with greater weight.
3. Borrowed conviction is more dangerous than borrowed capital.

There are lot of pseudo advisory companies which become member of stalwarts like you and then make money by echoing the recommendations. These people hardly understand the key USP of Basant's Corner and wrongly touch the lion (mkt) to get beaten up while putting the blame onto you in online communities/message boards/social media. No true investor following the quintessence of your teachings in basant's corner can lose money in stock market. You created wealth for your subscribers and more to it, built confidence in them to approach the market as our companion in wealth building.

We will miss you a lot for sure. Wishing you the very best in life and hope to see you even BIGGER. You are the epitome of integrity and preach what you follow yourself.

BTW there were few tweeter stalwarts who echoed that basant is advising his members to go on leverage etc. You are the only one in the world to have dealt this topic in detail in your book and also prescribed guard rails for leverage and also its pitfalls/demerits. So called buffett followers in India do not understand that buffett's wealth is mainly due to the FLOAT (another form of leverage). You taught us that debt is not a sin and when used wisely with guard rails, companies as well as investors can create wealth.

Thanks,
Raj

-------------

Posted By: Chopra
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:31pm
Thank You Basant Ji for all the knowledge and wisdom you shared with us.  Though I have been in equities since many years but it is in last 4 years that I made  serious money  and all the credit goes to you... Feeling nervous thinking that there will be No BC support from tomorrow...feeling similar to when i was passing out of college and leaving security of  friends,  Professors  and college environment to venture in industry. Hoping that all the knowledge and experience of last four years will help me to sail through .. I wish you All the Best and Hope to stay in touch!! Thank You!

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:33pm
Basant ji, I have been following you for last so many years & your guidance has helped me multiplying my wealth tremendously. I would like to thank you for your regular guidance, knowledge & pearls of wisdom which you shared from time to time.

You will remain a source of inspiration for all of us & I strongly feel that you will reach new heights very soon.

Wishing you All the best for your future.

Thanks once again for everything !!Smile

It is my sincere wish that you have many many more healthy,successful & bullish years ahead.

-------------
FUNDOOSEARCH

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:34pm
Cheer up Babu Moshai.. life moves on.. in 9 years we have minted money right from Pantaloon to Page so just have faith that things will be better from here.

Originally posted by catchsudipto@gm

Not able to retrieve my old passwd for last 9+ years so decided to open a new one. What to say never thought a month before that i have to see this day or read your Goodbye message from you. All those happen in a few days. Cant even that what will i do from Wednesday's evening. After office i user to glue to BC like a Gluestick. Leave apart my Wife even my 10 years old son used make fun of me as he used to say OH NO BC AGAIN whenever he user to see BC in my Laptops screen. He used to say "Basant Guruji Ghan"....... In my 44+ years of life, a few good things happened in my life and i rank TED & BC within TOP 5.  I am still not out of the shock that TED & BC is closing.   I Congratulate all my fellow ted & BC members for this wonderful platform, without  their help TED & BC could have never reached this height. WISH you all the very best in life.

-------------

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:34pm
[QUOTE=RSS4245]Basant ji, I have been following you for last so many years & your guidance has helped me multiplying my wealth tremendously. I would like to thank you for your regular guidance, knowledge & pearls of wisdom which you shared from time to time.

You will remain a source of inspiration for all of us & I strongly feel that you will reach new heights very soon.

Wishing you All the best for your future.

Thanks once again for everything !!Smile

-------------
FUNDOOSEARCH

Posted By: sammy11
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:39pm
Adapting one of Basantji's own quote on Page Industries. We have seen a page (TED) grow into voluminous book (TTI and BC). Am sure there will be volume 1 and 2 and more to come. Good things dont end. They just come back better, after a pause. As with all your family members, I am also hoping our Terminator would say I'll be back :-) But understand and completely agree with your decision. Because Cutting people from your life does not mean you hate them, it simply means, you respect yourself.. And this one is for all those whose actions led to this stage. One can fight evil but against stupidity one is helpless. — Henry Miller. All the best for your future Basantji. Vinay Ambekar

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:44pm
Thank you :-)

Originally posted by yoda

I didn't know much about Warren Buffet, didn't at all know about Graham, Lynch, Munger but first Guru I saw on net in TED and I was amazed with open mouth while reading every word typed by him because I was 100% sure that stock market is Las Vegas of poor gamblers. Basantji, why I call you my Guru from very deep of my heart because you changed my perception about stocks investing upside down. You taught us to focus on few but very important jargons like ROE, business scalability and longavity etc. Now whenever I see new stock, I even don't rush to see it's price but it's market cap, then it's RoE and other few parameters. Your philosophy of investing I admire the most. All talk about 8th wonder online but I will talk about 9th wonder which my Guruji gifted to BCians - that is - "PERCENTAGE ALLOCATION OF STOCKS IN A PORTFOLIO" which leads to 'CAPITAL PROTECTION IN AUTOPILOT MODE'.
    GURUJI, YOU ARE AWESOME, ORIGINAL, SINCERE, HONEST, and so many words (my bad english, less vocabulary).
    YESS, YOU ARE RIGHT, WE ARE READY TO PAY EVEN 2 LAKHS FOR UNPARALLED QUALITY OF YOUR ADVICE AND MENTORING/TEACHING.
    ----------------
    I will never say Good Bye to you. We have great example of the dog who entered heaven with the great Pandav Udhishthir. We BCians will be with you always wherever you will be in heaven as well as in hell (as we feel now).
    This is my emotional state in front of computer screen -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlV3jJwxPKQ

-------------

Posted By: FutureBull
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:45pm
Basantji, can't really have words to thank for the learning we had. I always believed in my stock picking skills but allocation strategy was pathetic. I am not saying good bye since I know you will be back after sabbatical. May be this time please avoid party poopers by going for "by invitation" only :) Would be great if you could please write few articles on TED avoiding stock talk if you want to. We have learnt to read your lips :). May be some folks will realise it a decade later what we have got from you. It is best to avoid these creatures who have robbed us continued learning. Best of your luck for investing career and any potential ventures!

-------------
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.

Posted By: muralimohan001
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:46pm
Portfolio size from 5 lacks to 2 cr I proudly say it happened because of Basant ji and I associated( member of TED and BC) with Basant ji. TED and BC did not just provide stock recommendations, these provided daily stock market lessons. My portfolio size increased from less than 5 lacks(in 2006) to 1.95 crore( with investment of 79 lacks gradually - mostly in 2012, 2013). My Portfolio size increased because of priceless guidance and teachings of Basant Ji. 22/Sep/2006 - joined TED, 18/Nov/2006 - It was less than 5 lacks (Based on my first Portfolio checkup post http://theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=601&PN=1). The TED and Basant's Corner helped me to put more money in to markets. I definitely miss daily Basant ji's classes.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:48pm
Stunning. Thank you.

Originally posted by muralimohan001

Portfolio size from 5 lacks to 2 cr

I proudly say it happened because of Basant ji and I associated( member of TED and BC) with Basant ji.

TED and BC did not just provide stock recommendations, these provided daily stock market lessons.

My portfolio size increased from less than 5 lacks(in 2006) to 1.95 crore( with investment of 79 lacks gradually - mostly in 2012, 2013). My Portfolio size increased because of priceless guidance and teachings of Basant Ji. 22/Sep/2006 - joined TED, 18/Nov/2006 - It was less than 5 lacks (Based on my first Portfolio checkup post http://theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=601&PN=1). The TED and Basant's Corner helped me to put more money in to markets. I definitely miss daily Basant ji's classes.

-------------

Posted By: Ashrafmeer
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:09pm
Basantji, this is a momentous occasion, sad that such a important and historic forum had to be closed down. The cowards who disrupted this journey will face wrath in life and whatever new you build next will be even better and more successful. Hats off to you for showing everyone how to deal with such grave problems with dignity and humility.
You gave me confidence to invest so much money into the market while before even 3-4 lacs were invested with lot of fear! The journey though short has been a revelation with lot of learnings.
As people have already put it, morning tea readings or office commute readings will be missing a core ingredient.
Hope our association continues further, take a break and come back fresh and more eager!! All the best and may the Powers be with YOU!!

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:12pm
Eye opener for all. Especially to the fools who say that I took my subscribers for a ride by selling my shares to them.

Originally posted by Sana M

How can I put in few words or few sentences what it means to be part of BC. I am in stock market since 15 years and had lost almost my lifetime of earnings in the hands of HBJs of this world. I came across BC at retirement stage of my career and decided to give it a try. I did not follow BC recommendations and advice all the time because of my bitter experience with various equity consultants who had managed to reduce my capital to 5% of its value.

As time went on at BC, I realized that here was a gem of a person – the one and only KOHINOOR with a crystal clear honesty and integrity and intelligence whose advice could be followed towards financial freedom. I did not fear retirement as I knew there was a rock solid support at every stage. So what, if, being a Muslim lady I do not believe in taking bank interest, I was sure Basant Sir would be always be there to generate sufficient returns for me on my investment.

As BC winds up within next 24 hours, I wish for a glorious future ahead for Basant Sir. May you keep on shining bright and be able to find a way to assist many more in future towards financial freedom. Ameen.

-------------

Posted By: vishu013
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:26pm
Hello Bansanth-ji Many many thanks for all you have given us. Wish you all the very best. The learning from TED and BC will always remain with us. Hope to emulate atleast 10% of what you have taught. The stupendous rise of portfolio from few lakhs to a Cr+, has been all with your guidance. Thanks again !! It so happens that today is the last day at office, of my highly regarded Japanese counterpart too. What a sad day :-(

Posted By: photon
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:49pm
Dear Basant Ji,

Its really ironic that despite being one of the oldest and civilized society, we are evolving (or devolving?) like this.

I want to thank you for being the inspiration and transformation to many dreamers for last many years.

I am sure you are going to use this opportunity to create something even bigger as you have done repeatedly in the past.

Thanks,
Amit

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:51pm
Yes. In BC we just replaced fear with returns!

Originally posted by Ashrafmeer

Basantji, this is a momentous occasion, sad that such a important and historic forum had to be closed down. The cowards who disrupted this journey will face wrath in life and whatever new you build next will be even better and more successful. Hats off to you for showing everyone how to deal with such grave problems with dignity and humility.
You gave me confidence to invest so much money into the market while before even 3-4 lacs were invested with lot of fear! The journey though short has been a revelation with lot of learnings.
As people have already put it, morning tea readings or office commute readings will be missing a core ingredient.
Hope our association continues further, take a break and come back fresh and more eager!! All the best and may the Powers be with YOU!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:56pm
Lacs to crore seems to be normal at Basant's Corner. Now you have to take it to 9 digits!

Originally posted by vishu013

Hello Bansanth-ji
Many many thanks for all you have given us. Wish you all the very best.

The learning from TED and BC will always remain with us. Hope to emulate atleast 10% of what you have taught. The stupendous rise of portfolio from few lakhs to a Cr+, has been all with your guidance. Thanks again !!

It so happens that today is the last day at office, of my highly regarded Japanese counterpart too. What a sad day :-(

-------------

Posted By: Vip111
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:56pm
As a passenger in the train to Kolkotta called "Basant's Express" my journey so far has been a very memorable one. The journey which started on a station called TED in 2006 has been breathtaking,an eyeopener and simply fascinating.As an investor of more than 25 years starting from Harshad Mehta times i have never come across a more magnanimous and sincere person who has made the stock market syndrome run in our blood stream.From investing in Real estate to Stocks any market where one can make large amounts of money is riddled with fraudsters and scamsters. Sir in this regard your integrity is unquestionable.As the train stops at the Station called "Basant's corner" and all of us deboard only one thought comes to mind that the "Journey is more important than the destination". Thanks a lot Basant!

Posted By: Dr.chaitanya
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:59pm
I am into stocks since 15 years but only after following basant sir I have learnt to invest in stocks.The knowledge he has imparted is unparalleled.He is a very unselfish person and one always felt him as a fatherly figure sent by God to guide us retail investors.He has thought u that it is not money which is important in life but a pure and helping heart should be the goal of everyone.It is sad that few selfish people misused his knowledge. But that's life God creates some gems like basantji and few other fools.

Posted By: Ganesh70
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:09pm
From Ganesh70: The key takeaway from BC is the transition for the members from bewilderment at an amount of a crore of rupees to crores of rupees becoming common place for BC members. BC members converted the lacs into crore of rupees and crore into crores of rupees. BC members became very greedy. Thanks to Basant for that. Even for a person with finance background, using leverage to increase wealth was something new. Debt for creation of wealth and not for depreciating assets. Basant - you will be missed definitely, but you are also part of our lives. Most of BC family members look at Basant as part of their own family. You will be missed, but we are richer for your teachings and our learnings, though the teacher has decided to retire. Thanks & all the best to Basant and BC members.

Posted By: catchsudipto
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:11pm
we have minted money right from Pantaloon to Page ........ .....Ha Yaar how can i forget those.. late night sleep to watch nasdaq closing price to get a sense where market will go next day so many other memories also. If i recall those it seems how foolish I was . Became super bulish on pantaloon after reading It happened in India Ha ha so many stories so many sweet memories. I even remember your first reply in Ted after checking my portfolio How did u Make it.... Ab Kia likhe wish all your wishes words come True

Posted By: Dr.chaitanya
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:12pm
Sir,I feel u must start a PMS service and I am sure in times to come it would become the most popular one in history of stock market. In this way selfish people can't use your knowledge in Facebook etc and keep commenting nonsense.

Posted By: zulfi
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:30pm
Sir even while reading the word good bye left tears in my eyes ,may be that is the part of life , sir u have given us a lot so can't ask more but life without bc ............. This last 4 years are most memorable in my life , u have given aam aadmi to dare to dream .........U Will always remain in our heart ... With heavy heart sir good bye take care ...... Me aapka picha nahi chhodunga

-------------
U CAN WIN A HORSE RACE BUT U CANNOT WIN RACES

Posted By: NagarajB
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:31pm
Dear Basantji - I was introduced to TED by a common friend many years ago and I was silently reading various discussions in the TED forums. The knowledge that was discussed here was far superior than any other place I knew of, at that time. This was the place for a very healthy and valuable analysis, humor, books..all under one roof. I remember discussions pertaining to specific page of Peter Lynch's book.It was like a college/school where collectively each company was dissected , going into specifics of particular page of the shareholder's report etc

And then came Basant's corner. Once again we could connect to you and make wealth.
I had told you one day, please teach us fishing too and not just give us the fish. Eventually you shared us knowledge with your book. Of course, I have a long long way to go before I digest your book and get into Basant's psychology of investing. You are among the very very few people who share their knowledge for gain of others. (I have honestly not searched for or met anyone else yet!)

It's sad to see you shut down such a fabulous corner! I hope you will find some way to connect with us again and share your knowledge and in turn us into multi-millionaires
[I hope to see your talks on various channels, MBA schools and keep hearing from you]
Thank you

-------------
Regards,
Nagaraj

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:40pm
Yes sir sure few people will manage that for sure

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:42pm
The two things that changed the fortunes and mindset of many people are BC & TTI respectively.

People who didn't follow you are now left behind and are not able to digest the success stories of BC members.

My own CAGR since 2011 is more than 45% inspite of having 15% Hawkins, I don't understand why they can't believe your CAGR

I wonder where I would have reached if BC was there for another 10 yrs. Only BC members can feel what we will be missing !!!

Posted By: tigershark
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:43pm
Dear Basant,you might be one of the best equity analyst i have known but i shall remember and respect you more for your Integrity!good luck and take care.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:47pm
It is not just the small fish that is envious the old sharks who have lost their teeth can't digest our returns as well. You guys are the living examples of what we have done at BC.

Originally posted by satish23

The two things that changed the fortunes and mindset of many people are BC & TTI respectively.

People who didn't follow you are now left behind and are not able to digest the success stories of BC members.

My own CAGR since 2011 is more than 45% inspite of having 15% Hawkins, I don't understand why they can't believe your CAGR

I wonder where I would have reached if BC was there for another 10 yrs. Only BC members can feel what we will be missing !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:51pm
Exactly sir

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:52pm
Absolutely correct

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:55pm
Sir in Basant Corner you mentioned that u dont believe in Charity and a capitalist from heart but giving some one help is one thing and making one able is completely a different thing altogether.
Sir we felt so powerful in the markets when we were under ur guidance we felt like what a BULLY Group feels in college.

Regarding the criticism of Subscription fees at Basant Corner: I think You cannot stay at Taj by giving the Rent of a Roadside Hotel.

There is definitely a set agenda thats going on in different blogs.

But all those comments are from ppl who dont know you.
Well wishes of all the subscribers will always be with you sir.
If i prepare a list of things to to do in my life: Meeting you in Person will be right at the top

Posted By: omshivaya
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:56pm
Namaskaram Namaskaram Basant Ji!!

Though I was not a part of BC for a long time, I hope you know that I really love you for everything you gave at TED and for having given a strong and right direction towards the equity investment path to me.

I can't express in words what TED means to me, including everyone right from you to Snehal Ji, Xbox, Vivek Sukhani, Kulman, Reetesh and many many others.

Whatever you are feeling Basant Ji, just let it go. It is a very minute drop in the ocean of LIFE! A bigger door is opening when an earlier one closes! Have Faith! Good times are coming...

I hope we all(including you Basant Ji) can one day start posting messages again here and share the collective knowledge like we did before.

Everything ends in good. If it isn't good yet, it simply means that it is not the end yet.

Keep Smiling Basant Ji! I have not forgotten you even though maybe you have forgotten mortals like me.

Heads up....forward march!!! Cheers :-)

-------------
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by ramsey123

Basant, maybe we can take this forum back to the good old days where everyone discussed and chimed in as a community? If BC ends, it could mean the revival of TED.

TED existed even when BC started but people would have felt the difference that it lacked life. Behind such active forums, there lies a sacrifice of an anchor who spent his time and effort selflessly for the welfare of community. People need not praise this person but should not do character assassination, affecting the morale of a truthful honest person. BC is not closed because of truthful subscribers but due to scrupulous malicious people who destroyed the temple of financial wisdom by spreading false lies. These people were not active subscribers nor invested true money following BC's principles. Next step has to be not Ted but something bigger than BC. Wish Basantji will resurrect again in a new avatar and guide his true followers/disciplines. Evil minded may claim victory now but would soon realise that they woke up a lion.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:03pm
Thank you. Idea could be to get the typical BC subscriber in their fold. But to cater to the average BC subscriber one needs to have a different mindset - away from the crowd - which I doubt any of these subscription service providers have?

Originally posted by kapil1303

Sir in Basant Corner you mentioned that u dont believe in Charity and a capitalist from heart but giving some one help is one thing and making one able is completely a different thing altogether.
Sir we felt so powerful in the markets when we were under ur guidance we felt like what a BULLY Group feels in college.

Regarding the criticism of Subscription fees at Basant Corner: I think You cannot stay at Taj by giving the Rent of a Roadside Hotel.

There is definitely a set agenda thats going on in different blogs.

But all those comments are from ppl who dont know you.
Well wishes of all the subscribers will always be with you sir.
If i prepare a list of things to to do in my life: Meeting you in Person will be right at the top

-------------

Posted By: Monkey
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:03pm
Basantji, feeling quite nostalgic - logging in to TED after such a long time. Feeling sad about closing of BC. Many many thanks for BC and TED. Wish you all the best for future.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:05pm
Yes. We need to respect and be proud of our past yet march forward into the future.

Originally posted by raj_koth

Originally posted by ramsey123

TED existed even when BC started but people would have felt the difference that it lacked life. Behind such active forums, there lies a sacrifice of an anchor who spent his time and effort selflessly for the welfare of community. People need not praise this person but should not do character assassination, affecting the morale of a truthful honest person. BC is not closed because of truthful subscribers but due to scrupulous malicious people who destroyed the temple of financial wisdom by spreading false lies. These people were not active subscribers nor invested true money following BC's principles. Next step has to be not Ted but something bigger than BC. Wish Basantji will resurrect again in a new avatar and guide his true followers/disciplines. Evil minded may claim victory now but would soon realise that they woke up a lion.

-------------

Posted By: Kautilya
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:07pm
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime". This is going to be a big loss for new investors, but I am glad I had the opportunity to interact with you on TED, BC and in person during the Page AGM's. Any old timer here would have got your ideas and thought process by now, that in itself will take us a long way. Having said that, I wouldn't say good bye, as there is a lot more to come from BM and I look forward to be part of it.

-------------
My indecision is final.

Posted By: orasparkle
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:09pm
Dear Basantji,

I am one of few unlucky fellow who found you in 2015 (wish I knew about you few years ago).

I came to know about you through a friend and was totally delighted when I saw the IIM video on youtube. After seeing all the videos, I spend next month or so reading most of the threads on TED esp. My investing strategy.

Next, I read your book and it totally blew away my mind. "One up" and "TI" are top 2 books in my library and I've already started reading TI second time and I am sure I will read it many more times. I joined BC in April 2015. Even though, the journey is short I have learned a lot more than I have in 5 years of being invested in US market. I am proud to call myself your student and hope to learn a lot from you for many more years through social and TV media.

Best Regards,
Rajesh

Posted By: lucksravi
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:11pm
Dear Basantji,

After 2008 crash, I was away from market and looking for some guide. I tried many and there are sometimes, I was holding 3 to 4 services.

After reading one of your post, I have joined bc to try once. Immediate after, I felt like , I was part of one family. I experienced that you are the person who speaks what is in your heart. You are so good in your way of reply which transformed your ton of experience in few simple words. It helped us lot to easily to covert other assets into equity.

In short, it is golden period for us. It is very unfortunate that it ended in short time.

Thank you sssoooooo much for everything .

Posted By: bullzi
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:12pm
A True story

Once upon a time there was a doctor. He used to treat patients free of cost. He cured several patients and had a huge fan following. The doctor then got bored of it and opened a small private clinic. He used to charge a small fees for his advice & services. The patients were very happy with the doctor as their ailments completely went away. Some not only gained their health and wealth but also their confidence back. Some made careers out of it. Some prevented ailments by just listening to the advise the doctor gave to other patients. Some acquired healthy practices from the pearls of wisdom the doctor shared with everyone. The doctor had a huge influx of patients, he increased his fees, but new patients just kept on coming and his popularity continued to grow. While working at the clinic, the doctor also wrote a book, a best-seller in which he poured years of his knowledge & experience. Many people flocked to purchase his book and became die-hard followers. Seeing his popularity, some competing doctors got jealous of him. They began a deliberate campaign to deride him, malign him. They even sent some rogue patients and falsely accused the doctor. The doctor being a saint tried to cure these rogue patients as well but they had been brain-washed and damaged beyond repair. Seeing the adverse reactions from some patents and jealous doctors, the doctor lost his patience and decided to close the clinic.

The doctor is presently contemplating his next steps and his die-hard followers are watching. The group of jealous doctors are celebrating as their objective has been met, but they don’t realize that some of them have been un-masked. They don’t have a career anymore. The doctor may decide to only do open-heart surgeries or brain surgeries from now but that is the doctor’s choice. As the clinic closes, the patients are teary-eyed, but are thankful to have met the doctor who completely changed their lives.

I am one of those patients who went to the free dispensary, then to the clinic, and learnt a lot from the doctor. I will follow you wherever you go doctor saab.

Good luck!

-------------
It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong - George Soros

Posted By: b_kothari2001
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:13pm
Basant sir, I am really lucky to be part of TED & BC from very beginning, it is almost decade now. This has given huge learning & 'dream big' on investment. I will really miss this forum tremendously. Thanks lot for all the knowledge, guidance & hand holding in investment. Wishing you all the best for your future. Please be in touch in some way. Thanks again.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:24pm
Thank you. I remember you telling me how no one in your family believes that you made crores from the market.

Originally posted by lucksravi

Dear Basantji,

After 2008 crash, I was away from market and looking for some guide. I tried many and there are sometimes, I was holding 3 to 4 services.

After reading one of your post, I have joined bc to try once. Immediate after, I felt like , I was part of one family. I experienced that you are the person who speaks what is in your heart. You are so good in your way of reply which transformed your ton of experience in few simple words. It helped us lot to easily to covert other assets into equity.

In short, it is golden period for us. It is very unfortunate that it ended in short time.

Thank you sssoooooo much for everything .

-------------

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:39pm
People are jealous not just on such high cagr returns but on large capital base too. They want proof as they could not believe it because they lived in their own prisons/cucoons. Even if you disclose the process openly (through TTI), they will not read it to become wealthy but still demand contract notes. Such is life and such is this world. God gave baghavad gita but still we people curse Him for our sufferings and misfortune.

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 11:03pm

Till recently you didn't advice any pharma company stating that you don't understand the sector. What other example is required than this to prove your honesty & humbleness!!

I don't think any expert or advisor will say that he doesn't understand about some sector/company, they will give some nonsense opinion rather than accepting their ignorance.

Posted By: bobbyusd
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 11:12pm
Hi Basantji, thankyou so much for everything. A great learning place coming to a close. But as you said, you are destined for a larger, bigger role. I would love to be a part of it. Its been a wonderful experience knowing you all these years. May god bless you and your family. My sinciere regards to your wife Poojaji and love to you kids. Never met you in person. But do look forward to see you sometime. Untill then Goodbye Sir...

Posted By: ravichandra14
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 11:43pm
Dear Basant

A very emotional moment for me despite being only 6 months into bc, can understand how its gonna be for old time members.would like to inform all my fellow members that BC was the sole reason to get into equities. i didnt have any idea or interest prior to joining bc coz i was like a carefree guy not giving a damn about wealth creation. call it coincidence or luck (thanks to google) i found TED, called Basant same day and spoke to him for a few minutes and got convinced that he was the right man for me. same evening ordered "the thoughtful investor" and my journey into BC started with hopes of a long lasting one but for unfortunate incidents on which neither of us have any control i have been orphaned (esp since am in my infancy stage) just like many members here. sometime later my friend like the book and i ordered an other copy which has made me and my friends happy. my portfolio is very small compared to others but basant never made me feel it as insignificant, all through out he advised me as per my financial ability and my comfort, so it speaks volumes about basant not trying to coerce or force into buying anything and infact always stressing upon the importance of allocation. though iam upset about all these allegations which of course stem out of envy, greed and malice, am not surprised as i keep encountering many people myslef. my dad always says indians like to have a pound of flesh from a good man and basant is no exception. during this short journey i met basant once in hyderabad for a few hours (thanks to rahul bhatia and his wife for hosting fellow members). i was pleasantly surprised to see basant being so so affable and accommodative which is very rare in people who have made it big. despite his advise not to divert from the allocation part i increased my allocation in granules which was my choice and am happy and confident about it. in my brief period of investing am not into profits yet but one has to realize we are not here trying to rake in crores in a few months. i still possess all the hawkins shares i bought in january and will continue to hold on, not out of emotional attachment but with a practical reason. i have all the BC top six and will continue to hold with my own conviction and expect to do well in future. i will add some non-bc stocks also simply because i still need to learn a lot.by the way the non basant stocks that i intend to own are also through subtle references in BC which may not give a cagr of 25-30 % but will be protecting my capital. when i look back over the last six months and wonder what have i achieved through BC... can say BC is not just about equities and money but much more which can only be experienced personally. ofcourse we all can be in twitter and face book with him. i will always be there to extend my support to him in any small way i can whatever be the trouble. last but not the least one small request to basant (wishful thinking)...can all our members together have at least a day with you as a get together at some place which is comfortable to you. so thats it folks, there is a lot more to write but cant at this moment....here am wishing basant and his family all the best in life and hope they enjoy all the peace that we all strive for but few seldom achieve, cheers basant for being a part of my life forever and am now having a glass of wine (though you wouldn't recommen) on your name. A big thank you!

Ravi-Hyderabad (9652071660)

Posted By: fragile
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 12:06pm
Dear Sir,

It is very sad to see this happen.

I'd read...
the Intelligent Investor,
One up on wall street
Security Analysis
and various other books on valuation.

Armed with all that knowledge I gained enough of conviction and faith in myself to invest the Royal sum of.... 40k in the stock market. Somehow I just couldn't work up the courage to invest more. Main investment continued to be bonds and FDs because the stock market was an uncertainity.
Many a retail investor in India... remains in this chasm. Never ever getting over it.

and then I hit upon BC.  For the first time in my life, I gained faith and conviction. I'm now at a point where as soon as I get my salary, I weigh how to spread it out in the portfolio. Sir: You did something that most books and most teachers can not do: They can impart the knowledge but the student has to gain his experience before he will have the faith to invest large sums and experience doesn't come unless you really invest a significant amount. Quite the chicken and egg problem. For me, you managed to crack it.

Imagine a child, a toddler, learning to stand upright for the first time, learning to take his first few steps, the parents, the mom or the dad, hold his tiny little hand by the pinky and help him take the first few steps, the child wobbles takes a few steps and drops down again and the retries the process. Imagine the joy that they feel when they start releasing his pinky and watch him take wobbly steps on his own... Well sir: We are all walking. WE ARE *ALL* WALKING. Thanks to you. Look at all these children, that you've helped take initial steps in the market. I'm sure that, I will continue to invest on my own. Sure enough I will fall a couple of times more... but you gave me the courage to walk in the first place.

Take a bow, Mr. Basant. Take a bow! What a show you given them both your critics and your supporters. 

Posted By: TCSer
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 12:06pm
I have benefited tremendously from your sage advice after becoming a member of BC in Nov 2012.my PF is nearly 4 X now since then .Its all due to following your sage advice of
1)Concentrating Portfolio
2) Invest in stocks with high ROCE & CAGR
3)Getting rid of largecap stocks like Icici Bank
4)Getting rid of PSU stocks
and a host of other valuable advice whenever i pestered u on phone u were always patient and answered all my queries

I still remember u forcing met to sell Tata Steel at 550 in 2011 & converting the proceeds into Page@ 1700.

hats off to your wonderful advice.all the best

-------------
Share market is nothing but a game of temperament. Success mantra Right Price,Right Business,Patience, Conviction .Do not do panic buying or selling.It may be the only profession where inactivity pays

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:32am
Keep investing more to equities. Get diversified knock off a few percentage points off the cagr but don't leave equities as that is the easiest way to get rich.

Originally posted by fragile

. Somehow I just couldn't work up the courage to invest more. Main investment continued to be bonds and FDs because the stock market was an uncertainity. Many a retail investor in India... remains in this chasm. Never ever getting over it. and then I hit upon BC.  For the first time in my life, I gained faith and conviction. I'm now at a point where as soon as I get my salary, I weigh how to spread it out in the portfolio. Sir: You did something that most books and most teachers can not do: They can impart the knowledge but the student has to gain his experience before he will have the faith to invest large sums and experience doesn't come unless you really invest a significant amount. Quite the chicken and egg problem.

nd the retries the process. Imagine the joy that they feel when they start releasing his pinky and watch him take wobbly steps on his own... Well sir: We are all walking. WE ARE *ALL* WALKING. Thanks to you

Thank you for understanding that.

Originally posted by satish23

Till recently you didn't advice any pharma company stating that you don't understand the sector. What other example is required than this to prove your honesty & humbleness!!

I don't think any expert or advisor will say that he doesn't understand about some sector/company, they will give some nonsense opinion rather than accepting their ignorance.

As I say life moves on. We need not feel left out like that.

Originally posted by ravichandra14

my journey into BC started with hopes of a long lasting one but for unfortunate incidents on which neither of us have any control i have been orphaned (esp since am in my infancy stage) just like many members here. .............these allegations which of course stem out of envy, greed and malice, am not surprised as i keep encountering many people myslef. my dad always says indians like to have a pound of flesh from a good man and basant is no exception. during this short journey

Ravi-Hyderabad (9652071660)

-------------

Posted By: polska
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:08am
BC was a great experience sir! I am sure everyone will cherish those wonderful moments all through our lives!! Wishing you luck (which you don't need :-)) in all your future endeavours!!

Posted By: nandakishore
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:29am
Basant Sir, Just saw this - Basant's Corner - Coming Soon in the right side of the page under Blog Articles. I hope something bigger, better and a place where you feel comfortable comes up soon and we see a message like this.. As I have mentioned before, you have changed the way I used to think about stocks. I have been a BC member for 10 months but even in this short duration I have learnt a lot. Feeling sad for sure but the hope of better things ahead should make us cheer. Thanks a lot Sir.

Posted By: vijayM
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:31am
Dear Basant Sir, It is a good decision to end BC with TED the place from where we began our journey of investing in stock market. I joined TED in 2008 the year that witnessed worst ever market fall. By May 2009, my portfolio was down by 60% to 1.95L. Now in 2015 it has reached more than 1C. Before joining TED I was aiming to reach around 70L by 2026 but with the help of TED/BC, I crossed 1c in 2014 itself.That is the power of BC and TED. Perhaps I was the one who asked maximum number of questions on both TED and BC and troubled you a lot, but it was all with the intention of learning from you. I learnt a lot from TED & BC Q and A, TTI and other books suggested by you. I will always remember you for your honesty and integrity apart from your expertise in stock market. I respect your decision to stay out of public forums and accordingly will not disturb you any further. All the best for your future endeavors. with deepest prayers vijayM

Posted By: nikhil090
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:57am
Dear Basantjee,

I joined TED in Nov 2006 and BC in 2011. Both these events were lifechanging for me as it allowed me to read, understand and develop my own investing methodology also. Before 2008, I was active for 15 years but did not made any money (infact lost money) and hence your contribution for providing forum, learning and guidance has been instrumental.
Thanks for all the learnings..

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:57am

Wow!

Originally posted by vijayM

Dear Basant Sir,

It is a good decision to end BC with TED the place from where we began our journey of investing in stock market. I joined TED in 2008 the year that witnessed worst ever market fall. By May 2009, my portfolio was down by 60% to 1.95L. Now in 2015 it has reached more than 1C. Before joining TED I was aiming to reach around 70L by 2026 but with the help of TED/BC, I crossed 1c in 2014 itself.That is the power of BC and TED.

I will always remember you for your honesty and integrity apart from your expertise in stock market.

I respect your decision to stay out of public forums and accordingly will not disturb you any further.

All the best for your future endeavors.

with deepest prayers
vijayM

-------------

Posted By: pankajinf
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:06am
Your investment philosophy has changed my complete thought process towards equity investment. I was not fortunate enough to find you early enough, but would like to thank God that though late , I found you. In June 2014, after reading your book and watching your videos on you tube , I completely got convinced that you are genius in this field and subscribed to Basant Corner basic membership. In one year , I can confidently say I learnt much more than I learnt in prior 14 years of my equity investment.

The way you have helped average investor is quite amazing and I would like to thank from bottom of my heart for that. Do let me know , in case you come up with any other platform for sharing your knowledge in future.
Regards,
Pankaj

Posted By: sourajeet
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:25am
Basant Ji,

Good Morning.

I can understand the pain and discomfort you are going through right now which have forced you to close BC. I know this world itself is very cruel to people who wants to do something good for the people, forget about online world, that's unreality within reality. It's quite a "Human" nature Basant Ji, neither you nor I can help it. There are certain characteristics of the "Human" nature that can't be avoided. We have have to live with it and digest it. I remember a line from Gita, which I always apply in my life - "कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन। मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि॥", and that's exactly what I want to say you at this stage of your life.

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana – You have the right to perform your actions,but you are not entitled to the fruits of the actions.

Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani – Do not let the fruit be the purpose of your actions, and therefore you won’t be attached to not doing your duty.

"When we help someone, we don’t do it for the sake of something in return, whether we are rewarded for our actions or not, this is not our concern. And when we help someone without worrying about our own gains, this is selflessness. We don’t think what are we going to get from that. The importance is that as a human being we have been able to help someone."

What I am trying to say here is that you can't just leave like that. You have done all the hard work for so many years for the betterment and benefit of the investor community, and you must continue as that's your duty. You should not feel disheartened or dejected by few people who wants to pull you down, instead you should stand tall and continue as you used to do. I wish my voice reaches you loud and clear, as I can't see people break down like this. You have been doing good work, continue doing it, no one is here to judge you. You know what you are doing. So, all the best and "carry on".

That's my simple two word message to you. Hope to see you soon with a "Hello" message ;)

- Sourajeet

([email protected])

-------------
Cheers,
Sourajeet

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:34am
Good morning sirji

Loved every moment of 8 years association.

Posted By: Khan
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:25am
Thank you for the wisdom that you have shared and I am sure will continue to do so. Learned a lot from you via TED and a short time in BC and reading TI and of course meeting you in person was awesome.
You have made a difference in my life!

-------------
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten

Posted By: pranav_pratap
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:29am
Dear Basant,

Wish you all the best for you r future endeavors!

Guy Spier has explained very well why intellectuals should keep takers at a distance. The merely waste our energy. Even if we have to sacrifice a little to avoid them, I would say that the sacrifice is worth it.

I hope to see you more on TED. TED was a beautiful thing and I wish that it gets buzzing again.

Ray Dalio says that the foremost quality of a good investor is finding his/her balance. I would add that balance and anger don't go hand in hand.

~best of luck!   

I use to read through TED and participate in discussions looong back.

Posted By: catchsudipto
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:37am
So finally last few hours only. Tomorrow market will be there but no TED/BC. For last few years Ted/Bc was like market to me. I learned so many new things in life here. I wonder whether ever I will be able to learn even half of what I have learned from Ted/BC. I know it will be near impossible to find a Honest, caring down to earth person like you. For last 9+ years you are one of my biggest assets of my life. 30th June 2015 will remain as one the saddest day for rest of our life. Thanks for everything. Hats off to you. TAKE a Bow Sir.

Posted By: manish_3011
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:39am
Hello Basantji, Wonderful association of last more than two and a half years. Learnt a lot and enjoyed every moment. Could put large amount of money due to you only. My PF has gone up from 40 lac in Nov'2012 to now more than 2 crore. Thanks a ton for everything and kind regards.

Posted By: mcbindal
Date Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 11:58am
Shocked to read your Good Bye message Sir. I have no words . My eyes are full of tears.
I learned a lot from you Sir and salute to your great advice to us which help me a lot in my life.
Miss you a lot

Warm Regard by my end of the heart.

Mahesh Bindal

Posted By: us121
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 12:14pm
Welcome Omshivayaji...
your profile pic says you have grown quite old! but certainly Rich!

-------------
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top

Posted By: equity-shishya
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 12:50pm
Basantji,

I have benefited immensely from BC over the past 3 years. In addition to the gaining monetarily by more than expected portfolio growth, the foundations for successful equity investing have been ingrained firmly in my mind.

Even though I have been your reader from old TED days, my real gains started after becoming a BC member. This is because i could understand these things more clearly (more importantly by putting cash at work not theoretically by reading only books).

- Providing high allocation to best ideas
- Being lazy in taking profits from the table
- Cutting the losses quickly
- Not being afraid to bet on high PE stocks.

For the silly people who claimed that your appearance on TV talking about your stocks diluted your service - There is HUGE difference in coming to know of a good pick in 15 mins of TV talk and ability to build conviction to allocate more than 10% of your portfolio - this was BC forte in my opinion.

Although i would sorely miss BC, at least i am a better investor now compared to 3 years back.

Thanks for everything and all the best :-)

regards
Arvind

Posted By: Kabootar
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 1:05pm
Dear Basantji,

Thank you for the guidance you have given me. It was my fortune to join this forum at a time when I was looking for positive influences in investing. In times of doubt, I would refer back to some of the threads here, especially the ones on you investing strategy and your story of success in investing. I have tripled my gains by learning from you and TED, though the learning from you is many times more valuable.

Wherever the journey of life takes you, one hopes it will be to bigger and better heights.

-------------
Verbal diarrhoea! A most deadly disease.

Posted By: rajeshnl
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 1:42pm
First post to write a good bye, what an irony! Some joined when TED started some joined when BC started some in between, few joined very late, and all are injected with good doses of wisdom. Late comers like me waiting for the next avatar to be present from the first day!
Good stock ideas are rare agree, what about a stock guru? There are many good and bad but we all are lucky we found the best, this opportunity is rarest, listen, follow, the interactive part is to an end now still… Happy investing to all friends and BasantJi . Good bye and best of luck!

Posted By: cooldude
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 1:50pm
Dear Basantji,
    I have generally visited TED mainly to gain knowledge and have posted very little. A major factor is due to my being an introvert. Hence, you may not recall this person. Probably, you will remember if I say that at the Page AGM last year, I gave you the book, "Antifragile". My posting has been limited because I feel that I hardly know anything that is not known already known to Basant, the intellectual giant in the field of investments. I started investing in the 1980s, mainly in IPOs. I became an active investor in 2001 and experimented with various styles viz. day trading, short term trading etc. even though I had read most of the investment classics. Before joining TED and later BC, nothing would have tempted me to buy atleast 1 share of Page Industries, considering the high PE. But, learning from you, Page has now turned out to be my most fruitful investment and you, Basantji have given me the confidence to make a living from stocks. (My family is not so sure yet!!).

However, the news of closure of BC hit me like a bolt from the blue. I felt as if, from the comfy confines of the "Titanic", I was being thrown into the icy waters of the Atlantic ocean. However, I respect your reasons for doing so. I was a frequent user of Moneycontrol Message Board in 2002-03 and from the behaviour of some uncivilised boarders, I felt that visiting MMB was a waste of time. It was only after hearing about the attacks on you on MMB, I reentered MMB and did try to reason with naysayers. However, social media is more like the Wild West and you will have outlaws since it is so easy to shoot and scoot. I hope that this break will bring you some respite. Hope to keep in touch with you through TED and also when you visit my city. God bless you Basantji.

-------------
You can't see the future through the rearview mirror - Peter Lynch

Posted By: manish_okhade
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 2:31pm
Dear Basantji,

TED and BC both are closed, beyond many other things I regret the most is a forum to have a regular interaction with you. Its like a what oxygen to life for any serious investor.
I joined BC more from being in touch with you than any other reason. Having been associated with you, I somehow developed a sense to read your mind and frankly what I read on BC is mere reinforcement of that.
Well, in one way its good that we all now will be more diligent in our future investment decisions in your absence and guidance. Life goes on...

Wishing you all the best, wealthy you are already so I can wish for your good health and happiness ahead :-).

Regards,
Manish

Posted By: manish962
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 3:56pm
Closure of TED/BC is very unfortunate to the serious investors. Many guys like me has learnt the ABC of investment from TED. Due to melacious intetion of few, the entire investor community is suffering. Thanks for providing guidance for so many years.

Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 5:05pm
I wish the crowd tried to think about what I said rather than talk. Anyways that is life.

Originally posted by equity-shishya

Providing high allocation to best ideas- Being lazy in taking profits from the table- Cutting the losses quickly- Not being afraid to bet on high PE stocks.For the silly people who claimed that your appearance on TV talking about your stocks diluted your service - There is HUGE difference in coming to know of a good pick in 15 mins of TV talk and ability to build conviction to allocate more than 10% of your portfolio - this was BC forte in my opinion.Although i would sorely miss BC, at least i am a better investor now compared to 3 years back.Thanks for everything and all the best :-)regardsArvind 

Thank you Believe me I would be missing all of you as well. .
Originally posted by mcbindal

Shocked to read your Good Bye message Sir. I have no words . My eyes are full of tears.
I learned a lot from you Sir and salute to your great advice to us which help me a lot in my life.
Miss you a lot

Warm Regard by my end of the heart.

Mahesh Bindal

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 5:11pm
I'm overwhelmed. Thank you.

Originally posted by rajeshnl

Good stock ideas are rare agree, what about a stock guru? There are many good and bad but we all are lucky we found the best, this opportunity is rarest, listen, follow, the interactive part is to an end now still… Happy investing to all friends and BasantJi . Good bye and best of luck!

I clearly remember you! Thank you.

Originally posted by cooldude

Dear Basantji,
    Probably, you will remember if I say that at the Page AGM last year, I gave you the book, "Antifragile". My posting has been limited because I feel that I hardly know anything that is not known already known to Basant, the intellectual giant in the field of investments. I started investing in the 1980s, mainly in IPOs. I became an active investor in 2001 and experimented with various styles viz. day trading, short term trading etc. even though I had read most of the investment classics. Before joining TED and later BC, nothing would have tempted me to buy atleast 1 share of Page Industries, considering the high PE. But, learning from you, Page has now turned out to be my most fruitful investment and you, Basantji have given me the confidence to make a living from stocks. (My family is not so sure yet!!).

However, the news of closure of BC hit me like a bolt from the blue. I felt as if, from the comfy confines of the "Titanic", I was being thrown into the icy waters of the Atlantic ocean. However, I respect your reasons for doing so. I was a frequent user of Moneycontrol Message Board in 2002-03 and from the behaviour of some uncivilised boarders, I felt that visiting MMB was a waste of time. It was only after hearing about the attacks on you on MMB, I reentered MMB and did try to reason with naysayers. However, social media is more like the Wild West and you will have outlaws since it is so easy to shoot and scoot. I hope that this break will bring you some respite. Hope to keep in touch with you through TED and also when you visit my city. God bless you Basantji.

-------------

Posted By: footy
Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 5:26pm
Hello Basantji,

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. The creature that you created called TED helped so many of us learn about investing and set us up for life. Many thanks for that. While I never joined BC, reading the previous posts shows that it was a great experience for your subscribers as well.

I recall reading about your family biz setbacks and how you emerged stronger from those. I'm sure you will do better this time. Good luck and God bless!

Date Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by footy

Hello Basantji,Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. The creature that you created called TED helped so many of us learn about investing and set us up for life. Many thanks for that. While I never joined BC, reading the previous posts shows that it was a great experience for your subscribers as well.I recall reading about your family biz setbacks and how you emerged stronger from those. I'm sure you will do better this time. Good luck and God bless!

I am super bullish about my future as I am always about my stocks. Thank you.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window