Print Page | Close Window

Who wants to be a Mungerilal?

Printed From: The Equity Desk
Category: Market Strategies
Forum Name: Trading Psychology
Forum Discription: Discuss the psychological aspects of trading such as fear, greed and discipline. Why stocks are bought like perfumes and not groceries.
URL: http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=359
Printed Date: 28/Apr/2024 at 7:50am

Topic: Who wants to be a Mungerilal?
Posted By: kulman
Subject: Who wants to be a Mungerilal?
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 5:24pm

I have seen recent exchange of views on this forum and have following to say:

It is very important for an individual to first understand “who am I?” It is not possible to be both Investor & Trader simultaneously, because your confusion will increase since you may for short-term gains, miss out on long-term potential and vice versa. (Those who claim to be successful as both investor and trader are either lying or they are Supermen)

Once it is decided “who am I?”, it is very very essential to stick to the discipline/systems to be followed to carry your plans.

Now coming to the most common lot amongst us: those who: “do not know who they are”. They are RJ one day (hold positions forever), and a pure trader the next day.

Let me try to relate this to the real-life experiences I had with this lot.

Some of the characteristics of this lot (call them Mungerilals, just for an identity purpose, no offence meant to anyone living or dead) are:
  1. They come to the markets only when they see it is going up and after they hear about how their neighbour/colleague/boss/junior/senior/cousins/uncles have made money in this rising rally.
  2. We all know and understand that buying at bottom is impossible. But Mungerilals achieve something very unique to them: BUY AT TOPS AND SELL AT BOTTOMS! Great feat, isn’ it?
  3. Their portfolio consists of very few blue-chips, but most of junk stocks recommended by brokers/media/analysts and also by neighbour/colleague/boss/junior/senior/cousins/uncles.
  4. Most of the smart stop-losses Mungerilal applies, get triggered and then the market reverses trend! He is a firm believer that some "operator” somewhere knows about his stop-losses and blames him for losses.
  5. Mungerilal would immediately sell blue-chip when he sees little profit, but will hold onto junk stocks for ever.
  6. Mungerilal would also be required to sell his blue-chip holdings in order to meet margin calls. This is because he is lured into F&O trading by smart brokers, he is heavily leveraged to earn quick buck.
  7. On the days he is lucky (day-trading) most Mungerilals would blow that money off partying. Mind you, Mungerilals, do not take pay-outs from brokers, so what he is partying off is only for gains in books.
  8. Mungerilals who are lucky on a particular day (when they make some quick buck day-trading) are easily identifiable in dealing rooms. Look for the person who is most vocal, blowing his trumpet, rendering advice to not-so-luckies. On the down days, however he would be all quiet, sitting in a corner, going out for a smoke etc etc…
  9. Mungerilal would be constantly looking for “hot tips”! Be it in media, brokers, internet, chat rooms, office colleagues neighbour/boss/junior/senior/cousins/uncles. During bull rallies they subscribe to even capital market journals/magazines. (However, during bear phase of markets who knows where these Mungerilals disappear).
  10. With the advent of technology, they will subscribe to internet trading. I have seen some Mungerilals, who trade just because they have subscribed to that fancy software (marketed smartly by brokers) and because they have to pay some fixed monthly/yearly cost (again brokers are smart- they say that this can be adjusted against brokerage!!).
  11. Most of the Mungerilals would also subscribe to sms services and when they see some calls being successful, follow the advice blindly by taking huge leveraged positions.
  12. If a day-trading position is in loss, they will take delivery. That’s how most of the stocks in their long-term portfolio are. Typically, they would have more than 50 to 60 stocks in their portfolio.
  13. Mungerilal would never buy Reliance at 900 but he would go long when Reliance is 1140+ (that too with heavy leverage…) just because the broker says that it’s a clear break-out!
  14. The relationship manager/dealer of their broker is their best friend (during bull rallies). They will be constantly in touch with this guy from 9:55AM to 3:30PM. (Timings may change due to sun outage…!!). Warren Buffet says that “Wall Street is the only place where people who own Rolls Royce seek advice of the ones who travel to work by subway/local trains”. Now these dealers (20+ somethings) have only formal NCFM certification and have not yet seen bulls and bear cycles, so they lack experience. And moreover, they have ajob to increase trading turnover. If you don't call them they will call you and give you tips. But Mungerilal would blindly take their advice for granted.
  15. They follow bulk-deals very closely. Mungerilal would easily buy a share because a particular HNI has bought it. Or sell their holding because a certain FII has off-loaded.
  16. Mungerilals would have little knowledge of everything: fundamentals/PE ratio/BookValue/Candlesticks/Chart Patterns/Global Factors/Fed Meeting/Crude oil/Opec and god knows what not…
  17. Typically a Mungerilal would also know, by heart, Index highs/lows…support/resistances of not only Indian market, but also Dow/Nasdaq/Bovespa/Nikkie/FTSE….Most of the Mungerilals would get up late in the night to watch CNBC and see "global cues"
  18. Some adventurous Mungerilals take advice of their punditjee/astrologer/numerologists or devise their own method like deciding longs/shorts based on colour of tie/dress of TV Anchors.
  19. I have also come across a new breed of Mungerilals, especially after May’06 carnage, their brokers have lured them into commodities trading on MCX/NCDEX….Then there were calls of Gold US$1400, Oil US$100, Guar Gum ….and what not….Though since last week’s meltdown in global commodities market, I wonder where are they now?.

Having understood these traits, we might think “hmmm….even I behaved like a Mungerilal at some point of time!”. Let me clarify again here that I do not have any intention of hurting feelings of anyone (either living or dead!)

My sincere suggestion is that let us learn from our/other’s past mistakes and try not to act like Mungerilals. That would be a major success of this forum “The Equitydesk”……

Thanks and wish you all a very happy weekend !

-------------
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards

Replies:
Posted By: basant
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 6:02pm
Can I make a admission

" I agree with everything from the first letter of the first word to the last letter of the last word!"

At some point in time I was one of these Mungerilals (though in parts)... and we know how much that hurts once we are not a Mungerilal!

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Posted By: reetesh
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 6:17pm
 “Wall Street is the only place where people who own Rolls Royce seek advice of the ones who travel to work by subway/local trains”. This is great, how do you recall all this? do you have noted them out or written them in word?

-------------
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.

Posted By: manishdave
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 9:55pm
Kulman,
Very nice post...

Manish

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 6:18am

Last evening I had a classic opportunity to have interactions with lots of Mungerilals at a social function. Thanks to the Bull Run, I was lucky enough to have met so many at one place together.

Mind you, the hot topics of discussion were of course Sensex having closed above 12000 and ongoing Cricket tournament in Malaysia, in that order.

I asked all of them how it feels having made tons of money due to rise from 8800 to 12000. Almost all of them confirmed that they have missed the rally. Here is a snapshot of different responses:

a)    the leveraged ones were so much in debt due to May’06 carnage, they had no money, so could not participate.

b)    some were so bearish at 8800 they sold most of their blue-chips (but keeping those junk stocks for the long-term) as they believed “sell” signals from their trusted technical analysts. And as per some chart patterns they believed it was best to get in only below 7000. Dr.Doom’s forecast also supported this view.

c)     few who follow EM trends, fund flows and all that stuff fundamentally said yes we also came to 30% cash (still in cash ready to be deployed!) in June because of those usual firangi experts who found India very very expensive at 8800 compared to many other emerging economies. (The same firangis are now saying we are fairly priced at 12000!).

d)    One Mungerilal who has just got married confirmed he was scared to death after seeing May’06 sell-off that it was not possible to allocate more money to equity as an asset class. He said “my Mother-in-law is right…stock market is like gambling

e)    One guy who had courage to buy some stocks at about 9000 level, promptly sold it off (with some gains of course) because he was told by some analyst that there was a double top formation at 10940. He believed the prediction that markets would tank and not only retest, but breach June low…so he thought he could always re-enter at lower levels. This view was supported by another analyst following candlesticks…some hammer or star formation…(Our Mungerilal is very eager to light a candle on that analyst’s graveyard)

f)      couple of HNIs proclaimed (the guys who were so rich that losses in May’06 did not affect them much due to their inherited wealth) that big money is into commodities only, because of huge intra-day volatility. One of them even tried convincing all of us that “yaar, what’s there in equity”, its only a piece of paper. In commodities you can at least feel it, see it all around us, use it (I wondered what this gentleman would do with 30Kg Silver, 1 Kg gold or 100 barrels of Oil, or worse Tonnes of Urad Dal, Guar Gum!!!). I later found out that this guy was (fortunately) short on Silver and made some quick buck as it fell from 22000 to some 18000. His rival and envious HNI, rather privately, whispered to me that the same guy has lost huge bets in Crude Oil as he was damn positive of it going to US$ 100, but it corrected to some $64, and out of over-confidence he went on averaging till it was too much to handle! I immediately remembered Charlie Munger’s (Buffet’s partner) words: It is a wise policy to trumpet your failures and to stay quiet about your successes.

g)    there was another class who were of the opinion that they were not convinced because this rise was on low volume, lesser institutional participation, poor advance-decline ratio. They are sitting in some cash to be deployed at next available correction. These guys have vowed to be in only fundamentally strong companies.

h)    There was tragedy with one Mungerilal: He went long RIL futures, but as a hedge was short on Nifty (as suggested by some strategist). This guy booked profit in RIL, but due to greed and some forecasts of global slow down, kept Nifty short open….The last I heard was that he wanted to average his position on Nifty short….and the market is going up, up and away…(His wife told me they are planning a trip to Tirupati to offer prayers)

i)      One Mungerilal sold off all his holdings to move into 100% cash after he heard Ahmedabad based brokerage expert analyst (who wears different hats---fundamental, F&O, technical) on CNBC that Indian demographical story/consumer driven demand is all bullsh*t, Left parties are taking us backwards, global recession is ahead.. This two minute genius talk (off-the cuff remarks) on TV, shattered all his conviction about India Story. I sincerely hope that that Analyst does not meet this Mungerilal in person…(I learnt privately that this Mungerilal was talking on his mobile to one Bhai about some “supaari”)

j)      Quite a majority was satisfied that they have started to recover their cost at least with the rising prices and are promptly selling.

k)    One Mungerilal who is known as KING OF NIFTY OPTIONS for his various strategies (like spreads, condor, butterfly, straddle, strangle… and what not) informed me that he made net Rs. 1,100 in a month during August volatility (but was quite furious that for these trades his brokerage bill ran into more than Rs.25,000, later I overheard him telling someone that he would use “strangle” strategy on his broker!

l)      few Mungerilals confirmed that they will re-invest only after the Sensex breaches the previous top convincingly with high volumes, a net positive FII inflow and strong global markets. Also this has to have supportive F&O cues like implied volatility, cost of carry, open interest etc.

Consensus was that with lower brokerage (competition due to slashing by Kotak/ICICI Direct) they would be able to trade more.

Majority of these Mungerilals have over the past few months formed very strong opinions about variety of matters:

1.    Fed will stop at 5.50% and start cutting rates from next year.

2.    BoJ may raise quarter bps. EU may be cautious in their approach. German consumer confidence index is rising.

3.    Nifty, if it crosses 3800 and closes above crucial figure of 3822 (of course with high volumes, there has to be a rider---a condition), next logical (?) target is 4600.

4.    Dollar is going to be weaker.

5.    Rupee will be largely in the range of 43.5 to 48.

6.    Biggest threat to India is twin deficits. PC will fail on FRBM.

7.    Sensex will rise to a new high and then tank due to FII pull out.

8.    US will attack Iran. Gold is a must buy as a hedge against war/inflation.

9.    FTSE index will tank due to uncertainty over Tony Blair.

10.                 India will be a economic super-power by 2020

11.                 Be cautiously optimistic on ONGC because US winter severity and heating oil demand will decide the course (?). Before playing on ONGC futures, keep a watch on Wednesday US inventory data and CNN weather forecast. My friend working with a major foreign brokerage is working on co-relational movements of Crude Oil on Nymex, Exxon Mobile & BP stock on NYSE with ONGC. He will feed me with inside information with Beta of the movements. I’m a bit concerned about attacks in Nigeria on oil facilities though.

12.                 Oil if cannot cross US$78.40 will retrace to US$38.60, otherwise in a trading (?) range of US$42 to US$68. Bit bearish view on oil.

13.                 There will be a global equity meltdown (like or worse than May’06) in FY’07 or FY’08 or early FY’09.

I sincerely thought that these gentlemen were getting ready for full capital account convertibility of Rupee so that they can play global markets. I had an inferiority complex and promised myself to be in touch with the times.

One interesting character I met deserves a special mention: He has recently bought some version of licensed software which gives BUY and SELL intra-day signals based on some pre-defined patterns. It is being marketed by some Gujrat based company (no wonder that State has produced so many entrepreneurs!). He has been trying luck with it doing day-trading (I thought what he meant was day-dreaming).
I wanted to ask him a common-sense question: if it works that way, why the hell the man who invented this would make money out of licenses, wouldn’t he sit in front of the screen from 9:55am to 3:30pm to literally mint and print money? I also wanted to quote the master: It’s not necessary to do extra-ordinary things to get extra-ordinary results-Warren Buffet. But I restrained myself as I do not want to hurt or discourage anyone. And as such, with my age, people do not mind me because they doubt whether I have a mind, leave alone whether it is open or not.

By the way, I forgot to mention that none of these Mungerilals have read a single FY’06 Annual Report of companies they hold, which they confirmed having received over the past 3 months.

Two stock tips I got in this party: Consumption of whiskey, white-rum, vodka & beer as well as cigarettes seems to be on the rise. (Disclosure: I’m a teetotaler, non-smoker…..but love and hold ITC as a very long-term bet)

We all promised to meet again during Diwali for celebrating not only the festival but a magical Sensex figure (I wish to keep this a little secret…will share it only after the event!)

However, during the next Diwali party I will quote this to all the Mungerilals:

Even now I continue to believe that short-term market forecasts are poison and should be kept locked up in a safe place, away from children and also from grown-ups who behave in the market like children!—Warren Buffet

Thanks for patiently reading this long posting….

Happy value-investing….

-------------

Posted By: sunilpune
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 8:24am

mr    kulman

VERY GOOD WRITTEN ABOUT
Mungerilals  YES I AM ALSO IN PAST DONE SOME MISTAKE .I LEARN LOT IN LAST 5 YEARS AND YOUR ARTICAL LIGHTS ON THIS AGAIN
GOOD
SUNIL

-------------
sunil

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 11:29am
Kulman ji. Would request you to keep updating us with the activities of Mungerilal. Each market turn and twist would provide you with piquant attributes about what our friend (Mungerilal) is doimg. Normally we as Investors want to know what to do. In this case we would know what (not) to do.

Great work. Keep it up!

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Posted By: Equity Buff
Date Posted: 17/Sep/2006 at 1:03pm

Dear Kulman,

Very good post. Keep up the good work and do keep us posted on Mungerilal's.

Rgds.

Posted By: monu_duggad
Date Posted: 17/Sep/2006 at 7:23pm
kulman

amazing post...keep writing baout mungerilals....really one of the best post on this forum !!!

Keep it up !

-------------
If you think you can,You Can

Date Posted: 17/Sep/2006 at 8:04pm
Kulman,
You should write novels too(if not writing already)!!

If your Mungerilals are short of ideas they should try some pundit.

If they dont know anybody I can probably arrange his phone number. Before he had money but now he has experience and since he got fired he is available for his valuable service.

Date Posted: 17/Sep/2006 at 8:34pm
Hey Manish your NRI pundit would be too costly for our dear old Mungerilal. Do you have one from India? Not sure if he could pay in US dollars!!!

-------------

Posted By: reetesh
Date Posted: 17/Sep/2006 at 8:41pm

Good humor.... Nice discussion..

Reetesh.

-------------
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.

Date Posted: 17/Sep/2006 at 1:31am
Mungerilals:

Some people have 15 years of experience. Mungerilals have one year experience multiplied by 15.

They don't learn from neither other's mistake nor their own.

Posted By: investor
Date Posted: 18/Sep/2006 at 12:39pm
which is why i am also absolutely bullish on Mcd and UB, and also
GM Breweries!! :-)

Posted By: BubbleVision
Date Posted: 18/Sep/2006 at 5:17pm
Kulman....Amazingly written and so true.. "Most dont know who they are"
Would completly agree with Manish that you should now write a book. Possiabily the Indian Autobiography of Warren Buffet

-------------
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!

Date Posted: 18/Sep/2006 at 5:56pm

LAGE RAHO MUNGERILAL

Hi everyone… Thanks for your reactions! I'm not very well qualified to write a book. My idea is that investors should learn from Mungerilal.

What happened meantime was that those Mungerilals who had missed cocktail party on Saturday, came over to my house last night for dinner. Due to this unexpected gathering and impromptu party, I ordered Domino’s Pizza for all.

Without boring you with more details of the party (cricket-D&L Method-Sachin, Jhalak Dikhlaja- Sanjeev Kapoor’s new look were other hot topics), let me brief about new interesting things involving M&M (Markets & Mungerilals):

1. One of the Mungerilal’s wife was quite unhappy with her husband, and she publicly was scolding him like a teacher scolds a primary grade student. I tried to intervene to stop their fight, but she was so angry, she even shouted on me “Aap chup raho!! You don’t know him…..He forgot my Birthday…..but he even remembers 20, 50 and 200 Day-Moving-Averages of Nifty, and that too exponential which changes everyday!!” This reminded me of a old joke: A doctor told his patient that her test results indicated that she had a rare disease and had only six months to live. "That's such a short amount of time, doctor. Isn't there anything I can do?" pleaded the patient. "Marry a stock-trader”, the doctor advised. "It will be the longest six months of your life!"
  2. Quite a few of the Mungerilals complained of chest pain, BP, sugar, insomnia problems. And these symptoms started developing from mid-May’06. Some have started taking anti-depression pills because now they have this “can’t miss the rally feeling”. I felt sorry for them that at such a young age they are facing these problems. (I started wondering whether this could be the sign of good things to come for domestic Pharma companies but did not of course spoke about it as I was the host)
  3. Majority of the Mungerilals involved in Day-Trading had a complaint of another kind. They said their performance in the office as well in the bed has been severely affected over the past few months. The reason could be inability to catch tops and bottoms, & perhaps bad timing, I murmured. (I noted mentally to keep a watch on Pfizer’s quote, as Viagra could be a big hit here)
  4. One Mungerilal, after watching a presentation on CNBC by a lady they claim as “Commodity Expert” is convinced making big money there….just pay 5% margin, sell Silver one lot, cover it next day when it falls 5%...you have doubled your money overnight! (Maybe she forgot to mention what happens when the call goes wrong and it rises by 5%...you lose your entire margin in no time!) He displayed his new expensive PDA-cum-Mobile phone. He has subscribed to a software (I think it’s from FT) which displays live commodity prices (MCX/NCDEX) to help him to be in touch with the market even on the move as he does not want to miss single minutes action anyway as it’s all about timing. Some website also provides him “trading ideas” as well as some “US data…like housing starts, non-farm payrolls, Jobless data, PPI, ISM, and more….” by sms/e-mail. Great, I wondered! (I would closely follow quarterly results of F.T. and the brokerage this Mungerilal uses) But restrained myself quoting the legendary master: "There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult." & also “What’s the sense in getting rich just to stare at a ticker tape all day?-Warren Buffet”

So long friends…..I have an incoming call, from the caller ID- I can see it’s from another Mungerilal…maybe we shall get some more stock (ideas)……

-------------

Date Posted: 18/Sep/2006 at 6:04pm
The lady also recommended "sell crude" today as it has bounced on Friday, which has reduced the margin by 20% of the 5% trader.....Great work Kulman...You should be the suscesser to the oracle (did i name another stock) of ohama  himself...

-------------
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!

Posted By: prosperity
Date Posted: 18/Sep/2006 at 8:03pm
Good compilation Kulman,

Once one mungerilal, got chest pain and heart attack like feeling ..

He went to the doctor and doctor diagoned and said ... your heat beats have gone up substantially ..

Without thinking, mungerilal abruptly said "Gone up substantially - Then SELL IT IMMEDIATELY"

-------------

Date Posted: 19/Sep/2006 at 4:44pm
Remember that Mungerilal who was carrying, by mistake/greed his short Nifty, and planning to go to Tirupati for prayers.... Just heard from his that due to today's last 10-15 minutes heavy selling/correction, he could get out of his losing position with minimal losses....so he has cancelled Tirupati pilgrimage.

However, bad news is that now 6 other Mungerilals are now planning Tirupati visit, who today went long at 3500 (thinking it was a clear breakout, as per charts, as per analysts, as per global cues, as per God knows what....)

I remember Gul Tekchandani's comment on a TV show: F&O is sure shot way of getting poor.

Also I read somewhere: If you play FUTURES, you hardly have an OPTION of making money.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 12:32pm
guys....i cant stiffle my curiosity.....who is this "positive structure guy "...just give me the initials.....someone said he is from pune ? is he PB who comes on cnbc....

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 12:42pm
Global cues...breakouts...cautious optimism...BOJ pausing...Ben bernanke smiling......(I think if Ben bernanke,for some reason,doesnt answer nature's call in the morning,analysts will draw conclusions from it...."Bernanke coudlnt go for nature's call,so lets short Nifty:).smart money buying..smart money selling....smart money distributing...foreign money coming...going...pay roll data in....farm productivity...housing data...(US guys simply keep coming with one or other data on a daily basis)
....if you can make 10 sentences out of above 8-10 phrases....you can be an analyst ;-)
~No Offense Meant

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 12:53pm
Wonderful. Youe six sentences say it all.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 2:30pm
Monu

You have said it all!

Natural instinct of human beings is gambling and in US, they have legalised it...look at the way they bet on payroll data, jobless data, posibility of "Fed hiking rates index".......No wonder that economy is doing badly.

After going through what happened to hedge fund called Amaranth, it is not very difficult to imagine the fate of F&O players.

Now, modified version of what is F&O: If you play FUTURES, you hardly have an OPTION of making money. And if you play OPTIONS, your FUTURE is very bleak!

During bear markets one of those "analyst experts" has no business, so he opens a Sonography Clinic. One pregnant lady comes in for sex determination Test. This fellow, in his usual style answers: "Well Madam, if the child has a pe*** it will be a boy, otherwise it will be a girl surely!!"........they all answer like that...if it crosses 3522, it will go to up, otherwise if 3422 breaks...it will go down....(with due apologies to all the analysts)

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 2:50pm
Monu, well written....
The "Structured Man" is PG from Mumbai and has a website by his name...The less said about him.. the better it is.

Actually, the analysts are expected to dance to the data, forgetting one very important Thing...
The data is not important.. But its the market's reaction to the data which is important. (message of the markets)

Another Note to Data Watchers ----

All the data that is declared is the "preliminary" data, which more often than not is "revised" subsequently..Which the media does NOT report.. So be very very careful if you hear any data and ask that is it the Preliminary or the Final number.

Kulman for your mantioned "unemployed analyst"
"Only a fool fights a battle that in his heart he knows he cannot win."

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 3:58pm
No wonder Buffet says in one of his letters to the shareholders:
"....Their interest in such matters is understandable, since techniques shrouded in mystery clearly have value to the purveyor of investment advice. After all, what witch doctor has ever achieved fame and fortune by simply advising 'Take two aspirins'?"

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 4:13pm
Thanks bubble...my guess about positive man was correct....but from what i heard from a friend....positive structure was a guest lecturer at Noorsie Moonji recently for a lecture on technical analysis...apparently he had gone broke and then resurrected himself and now owns a merc..

One more thing...a peculiar thing which i observed is...whenever it comes to disclosures on cnbc....most of them say...."I dont have any personal positions...clients might be holding ".....if they are sure of there views on investing and trading...why dont they hold personal positions ;-)

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 4:25pm
That means that you need not trade and invest to buy a merc the market has other options in which people can make money.But it is a zero sum game someone's income is someone's expense (loss0.

Ambarish Baliga of Karvy, Darshan Mehta are two names who I have never heard of holding personal positions. As Jesse Livermore said "unless you bet you can never tell".
Of late AMbarish seeme to be holding MRO Tek so that means that he is not prohibited from holding stocks.When you look at this information in perspective that he is on air 5 times a week to tell you what to do and what not do the whole event looks bizzare.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/Sep/2006 at 5:23pm
I currently dont have MSTA but i am a doing CMT (level 2).. Details can be found out from http://www.mta.org - www.mta.org

-------------

Date Posted: 23/Sep/2006 at 4:23pm

MUNGERILAL & CIRCUIT

Venue: Dealing room of brokerage “Gabbar Stockbrokers Security Advisors & Wealth Creators Pvt Ltd

Cast:1. Mungerilal--Our good old investor-cum-trader-cum-punter

2. Circuit--the dealer, who punches orders at the speed of light

3. Mob involving other traders, couple of more dealers

Time: 9:45AM

Day: Listing of RPL shares

Scene 1, Take 1...ACTION

Mungerilal: Good morning Circuit, kya haal hain?

Circuit: Morning Sir Jee (most of the Circuits in the industry call most of the Mungerilals, Sir Jee)

M: Kya lagta hain?

C: Aaj to gap se khulega, Japan, Korea dekho…kal Dow, Bovespa bhi strong tha. Aur RPL ka listing hain…

M: Arey yaar, maine 3 alag demat account se apply kiya tha lekin nahin mila.

C: Kya baat karte ho, Sir Jee? Apne almost sabhi clients ko RPL allotment aaya, demat mein bhi credit hua.

M: Hmmmm……. (cursing his luck). Kite pe khulega…RPL?

C: dekho, boss-log (?) to kehte hain 100 se jyada…Long term ke liye bahut achhaa hain. RPL 120 to aaj-kal mein dikhayega, Sir Jee. Kuchh naya plant aa raha hain Gujrat mein. Aur 82 pe bahut strong buying aayegi…

M: haan haan, world’s largest refinery hain, heavy & sour crude oil can be refined…Nelson index…. (as usual he has little knowledge of everything....…but now getting more concerned that he does not have allotment and it’s going to run away)

C: Bolo Sir Jee, market khulne ka samay ho gaya….order daalna hain? Jaldi bolo….aur bhi bahut orders hain…(simultaneously answering phone calls)

M: Opening dekho, phir dalna

Market opens…strong on global cues & euphoria….Mungerilal getting impatient….

M: Arey Circuit, yeh to bhage jaa raha hain…kya karoo?

C: thoda sa profit booking aayega…neeche laga do buy order…bolo Sir Jee…

M: Lagao 1000 shares 95.15, buy order!

C: Confirm 95.15, buy order RPL quantity 1000? OK Sir jee?

M: Daal do jaldi…(he is too excited)

C: Order daal diya ….yeh dekho exchange confirmation aa gaya!

The order gets executed in no time…. CNBC is beaming live pictures of RPL’s listing ceremony….

C: Aa gaya Sir Jee…Kya karna hain, intra-day nikalna hain?....

M: Aisa karo Circuit, 500 bechne rakho….aaj ka high kitna tha?

C: 105 tha, bolo kya karoon?

M: order daalo 500 sell 104.95, aur balance 500 daalo 109.45

C: Bechne ke liye rakh diya hain….Lagta hain bahut momentum hain aaj market mein…FII net buyers kal bhi!…

Stock corrects….downwards touches a low of 85 odd….Circuit is constantly on the phone…

M: Neeche buying support aa raha hain kya? Arey baap re, kitna volume hua thodi der mein!

C: Sir jee, Ambani group ka stock hain…operators neeche nahin girne dega…

Stock is volatile, in the background some traders shout with excitement after making some quick buck on RPL/other shares…making our Mungerilal further nervous. Constantly ringing phones…general euphoric atmosphere adds fuel to the fire…

M: Support le raha hain shaayad…85 ka…(talking to himself, but loudly)

C: Average karna hain kya…Sir Jee…aap ke demat mein to blue-chip shares hain…margin hain….khelna hain aur?

M: aur 1000 buy karo…86.25

C: punches the order in….pending hain

Within 10-15 minutes this order also gets executed…Mungerilal borrows a calculator from another dealer…makes some calculations….

M: apna do sell order cancel karo…phir se fresh daalo… 1000 @ 99.80 aur balance 1000 @ 104.95

C: punches the orders in….Orders pending hain…Sir Jee!

At the end of the day..the stock does not reach Mungerilal’s sell levels. He takes prompt delivery, thinks to himself, “thoda profit booking kiya IPO waalon ne…Tomorrow I will do BTST”.

The next day…he asks Circuit again to punch orders to sell 1000 @ 97.95 and 1000 @ 101.75…the rest is history…..He had to liquidate RPL at huge loss. Also to meet margin calls on his other leveraged trades Gabbar Stockbrokers Security Advisors & Wealth Creators Pvt Ltd sells his other blocked shares during the market crash when exchange was closed for 1 hour.

P.S.: The scene is not very different even today; Gabbar, Circuit are the same…only Mungerilal’s role is being played by newer actors.

Disclaimer: The characters depicted here are not meant for hurting anyone’s feelings, living or dead. This is a true story, with name of the characters changed to protect their real identity. Please read this & react keeping in mind that it is being narrated with a purpose of investor education.

-------------

Date Posted: 23/Sep/2006 at 4:32pm
great .... very Well written Kulman and absolutely TRUE...One statement says it all "….khelna hain aur?" trading to play and NOT to win......

-------------

Date Posted: 23/Sep/2006 at 4:45pm

Dear Kulman,

Well written "Sir Jee" !!

Rgds
Equity Buff

Date Posted: 25/Sep/2006 at 11:40pm
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aaL4xeM02XCA&refer=columnist_currier -

This Bloomberg article on Leveraged trading is a good read

The author says: ".....leverage -- the use of borrowed money or some other enhancer from the realm of financial engineering to increase the potential bang for your buck. As the hoariest of all the hoary adages on Wall Street states, leverage cuts both ways. Whatever tool you employ to heighten reward in an investment increases risk by the same amount."

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Sep/2006 at 11:21pm
Here is another one on Danger of Derivatives (pertaining to Wall St, but may happen here too)

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B63087831%2D5F18%2D4339%2D9E49%2D0071DBEA18F1%7D&siteid= - Derivative danger
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B63087831%2D5F18%2D4339%2D9E49%2D0071DBEA18F1%7D&siteid= - Somebody should be worried as loosely regulated market soars

"......The derivatives market has soared, reaching nearly $300 trillion in value. Considering the total value of the stock and bond markets combined amounts to only $65 trillion, it's worth wondering how so much extra value can be squeezed out of instruments that are essentially fake."

I'm posting such messages on this thread to forewarn Mungerilals of the pitfalls.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Sep/2006 at 12:45pm
 "Investing should be dull, like watching paint dry or grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas. It is not easy to get rich in Las Vegas, at Churchill Downs, or at the local Merrill Lynch office."  - Paul Sammuelson

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Sep/2006 at 8:32am
Basant, very good quote you have posted of Mr. Paul Sammuelson.

As they say it is not timing the market but Time in the market.

Rgds.

Date Posted: 29/Sep/2006 at 10:32am
For guys who dont want to be Mungerilal.. a good advice here

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216099,00.html - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216099,00.html

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 2:16pm
BubbleVision,

Very good and interesting read.

I remember what Buffet mentions in one of his letter to shareholders:

We have a saying around Berkshire that “all we ever want to know is where we’re going to die, ......so we’ll never go there.”

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 11:08am

This weekend I would like to share with you a real life story of another Mungerilal. Here is how he got bust into playing "infrastructure" boom theme:

There is a company called IFSL (BSE Code: 531998) which was in vogue in late '04/early '05. The management used to be always in the news, newspaper advts, interviews on biz channels, broker reports, internet chat rooms, technical chart-busters and all that....The stock zoomed 5-6 times in matter of few months. Bulk-deals were reported, buying by FIIs (which was a fact, they were also lured into it.., firangi hua to kya, wahan bhi Mungerilal ki kami nahin hain!).

Anyway, our Mungerilal got into this stock around Rs. 70 and increased his bets as the scrip started growing expenentially upto Rs. 250 odd. He "invested" nearly Rs. 4.5 Lacs in this single stock alone. Currently it trades around Rs. 1 (may be post-split, not sure). Now, Promoter's holding is huge at 0.3% and some big name like Citi Group, ML, Religare are holding major positions unable to exit as volumes seem dried up.

As usual our Mungerilal has held on to this one....praying for it to move up to all time highs.

The biggest lesson to be learnt:. Things like FII/MF buying, broker research reports, tall claims by mgmt on TV/media must be taken with a pinch of salt... Always investigate before you invest which reminds me of a quote:

The average man doesn’t wish to be told that it is a bull or a bear market. What he desires is to be told specifically which particular stock to buy or sell. He wants to get something for nothing. He does not wish to work. He doesn’t even wish to have to think---Jesse Livermore

-------------

Date Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 12:59pm

wow kulman...from buffet to livermore....quite a range.....

-------------

Date Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 10:35pm
I have been mentioning that this Forum has really helped me in not acting like a Mungerilal & has been an eye-opener on various value-investment matters.

This reminds of an anecdote:

One day a woman went for a walk in her neighborhood and came across a boy with some puppies. "Would you like a puppy? They aren't ready for new homes quite yet, but they will be in a few weeks!"

"Oh, they're adorable," the lady said. "What kind of dogs are they?"

"These are Mungerilals."

"OK. I'll tell my husband."

So she went home and told her husband. He was very interested to see the puppies. About a week later he came across the lad; the puppies were very active.

"Hey, Mister. Want a puppy?"

"I think my wife spoke with you last week. What kind of dogs are these?"

"Oh. These are Value-Investors."

"I thought you said last week that they were Mungerilals!"

"Yeah, but they've opened their eyes since then."

-------------

Date Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 10:55pm
Wonderful; Yes, we all run after a bone in the early days of our career!

-------------

Date Posted: 05/Oct/2006 at 7:46pm

A long time ago, a visitor (named Mungerilal-our dear old investor-cum-trader-cum-punter-cum speculator)  from out of town came to a tour in Mumbai. At the end of the tour they took him to the financial district.

When they arrived to BSE building on Dalal Street the guide showed him from the 23rd floor, some nice yachts anchoring near the Gateway of India, and said, "Here are the yachts of our investment bankers and stockbrokers."

"And where are the yachts of the investors?" asked the naive Mungerilal.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/Oct/2006 at 7:49pm
Exactly kulman...those who try to do a lot of trading only end up making their brokers rich...

-------------

Date Posted: 05/Oct/2006 at 7:55pm
Hmmm.. This is what Buffet calls Newton's Fourth Law of Motion:

As the motion (trading activity) increases, investor's returns decrease!

-------------

Date Posted: 06/Oct/2006 at 2:45pm
Just finished talking to one Mungerilal....(he studies little bit of everything...fundamental, technical, astrology, numerology etc)

Read this for a prediction:
He strongly believes that Sensex is unable to cross previous highs because of Sun Outage. His analysis is that due to man-made Satellites the planet positions have some obstructions.
We will have new highs only after resumption of normal trading hours!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 06/Oct/2006 at 2:56pm
What does did he feel when Pluto was pushed out from the solar system?

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Oct/2006 at 7:06pm
http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=142730 -
This is perhaps one of the best articles for learning why not become a Mungerilal.

Day Trading Where Angels Fear To Tread

It was in the month of July 1999, in the city of Atlanta, that Mark Barton, a chemist turned day-trader, shot dead nine people after a depressing day of trading. This he had done after he had already had killed his wife and two children with blows from a hammer as they slept. Many investors are not aware of the seamier side of day trading.

Most of these investors spend their whole day in brokerage houses taking tips, and gradually getting entangled in the vicious circle of fear and greed.

It provides the traders with a greater leverage on trading capital because of low margin requirements and as their trades are closed in the same market day. This increased leverage can increase profits if used wisely.

Actual research suggests otherwise. Working papers by Brad Barber and Terrance Odean of the University of California indicate that most people lose their money. Brad Barber suggests that around 82% of the day traders lose money.

The overall greed and the urge to overtrade is another culprit. This is more often seen in the futures and options segment. Traders can increase their exposures as they do not have to pay the full trade value for these securities.

Encouragement by the broker and the ease of conducting online transactions are adding to this

Retail investors have suffered greatly due to the lack of proper information, the lure of making a quick buck at the risk of dismantling their lives

....it is also a time to remember that often, fools rush in where angles fear to tread.

Visit the link above for full story....it's worth reading

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Oct/2006 at 11:27am
Here are some more gems from the http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php?content_id=142730 - FE article :

Are you turning from investor to gambler

If you answer any of these questions you may be moving from investing to gambling
Are you trading in the stock market with money you may need during the next year?
Have you ever lied to someone regarding your online trading?
Are you risking retirement savings to try to get back your losses?
Has anyone ever told you that you spend too much time online?
Is the way you are investing affecting other areas of your life (relationships, vocational pursuits, etc)?
If you lost money trading in the market, would that materially change your life?
Are you risking more money than you intended to?
Are you investing frequently (day trading) for the excitement and the way it makes you feel?
Have you become secretive about your online trading?
Do you feel sad or depressed when you are not trading in the market?

-------------

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 7:54pm

Mungerilals, Diwali & Diwaala

As planned earlier a grand pre-Diwali bash was organised at a banquet hall of a reasonably priced hotel. The gathering was even larger than expected. The song from Tejaab was blaring: “Ek, Do, Teen, Chaar, Paanch……Baarah….. Teraah to celebrate in advance the event of Sensex crossing 13K mark.

There was one specific Mungerilal under heavy influence of liquor; I was told he had 8-10 pegs and that too of some heady cocktail. He was behaving like Chunnilal of Devdas-fame (Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas, not the original classic)…if you remember Jackie Shrof’s dialogues like: “D se Diwaana, D se Daaru, D se Devaa etc etc…”. This guy was going from group to group in that party to offer his “expert comments” which are mentioned at the end of each section. Please pardon him for using some unparliamentary words. By the way, I found out that this Mungerilal a.k.a. Chunnilal had lost huge money trying to play the futures both in equity & commodities markets. He was the classic case-study on effects of excessive “Liquor & Leverage”.

1. A large group of Mungerilals was assembled in a corner loudly singing, in Qawwali style: Ghar ghar mein hain Diwali, mere ghar mein….” This song sums up the ‘investment returns’ most of the Mungerilals got from this bull rally.

Chunnilal: “Q se Qawwali, Q se Quarterly results, Q se Qayamat ..…”

1. One Mungerilal had this to say about financial markets: “There are various types of animals in financial markets..like bears, bulls, pigs etc….but one must remember that Market itself is a MONKEY!” He further added his experience…..After hearing the news about North Korean N-Test, he went short on Nifty Futures and went long on Crude Oil Futures. Apparently, he lost money on both the trades. That’s why he was convinced that Market is like a Monkey, for its indifferent & irrational behaviour! I was also told that the same Mungerilal had similar experience when he was long on TISCO Futures and as a hedge shorted Steel Futures on a commodity exchange. (Unfortunately lost on both the positions)

Chunnilal: “A se Animals, A se Andheraa, A se Antarctica, A se Amaranth ….”

1. A Mungerilal told me why he fired his good looking secretary. When he ordered her “Get my broker, Miss Maria”; her mistake was that she asked him: "Yes sir. Stock or Pawn?"

Chunnilal: “B se Bellary, B se Betting, B se Bovespa, B se Broker aur B se Bh****…”

1. A Techie Mungerilal- a software professional was fired by his employer (a large organization) for using online trading software during office hours. This guy had attended some free seminar on one of the weekends & was convinced that by timing the market in momentum (swing) trading one could make lots of money. By the way, his educational qualifications are Engineering graduation & some PG course in Comp Science. I recalled Buffet’s quote that there is no relationship between your IQ & Investment returns.

Chunnilal:”S se Software, S se Silverline, S se Sadak, S se Suffer, Se Sazaa…..”

1. I overheard conversation of two Mungerilals who were drinking like a fish. First one: “Yaar, this Nifty trading strategy has really hit me hard, I’m unable to sleep well nowadays” The other Mungerilal replied: “Hmmm…The market may be bad, but I sleep like a baby these days. I wake up every hour and cry!”

Chunnilal: “N se Nifty, N se Nasdaq, N se Neend, N se Naalayak, N se Nuksaan…”

1. One Mungerilal was telling about the advantages of online trading: “Trading online is just great. I find it really speeds things up. You see I now get my margin calls 5x faster than before!!

Chunnilal: “M se Margin, M se Market, M se Morgan-stanley, M se Mehangai..”

1. There was a heated argument about financial ratios wherein one Mungerilal was adamant & wanted to prove that “P/E ratio means the percentage of investors wetting their pants (pee**g) as the market keeps crashing!

Chunnilal: “I se IFCI, I se Investment, I se Interest-rates, I se IFSL, I se Ispat, I se Idiot…”

1. In another corner a group of ladies were discussing and complaining about how their respective Mungerilal husbands misbehave moodily according to their day-trading fortunes. One of the Mrs. Mungerilals of the artistic kind started singing: “Kabhi neem neem, kabhi shahad shahad, kabhi naram naram, kabhi sakht sakht…..…mera piyaa….” After hearing this, another Mrs.M started singing “Kya se kya ho gaya Trader-wa….tere pyaar mein….chaha kya, kya milaa….” The third one was a poet herself so she recited: “Dil ke armaan aasoon mein beh gaye….…hum Nifty average kar ke mar gaye….”

Chunnilal: “P se Piyaa, P se Pyaar,  P se Power-your-trade, P se Panga……..”

1. A young son (9 years old) embarrassed his Mungerilal Father by asking loudly: “Papa..Papa… If all the business channels have ‘PROFIT’ in their name or tag line, then how come you make such huge losses by watching these channels all day & night? You even do not allow me to watch Pogo, Cartoons, Disney!”. I thought for a moment and realized how bright this young boy was! Look….NDTV “Profit”, Zee Business---Aap ka “Faayda”, CNBC TV18----“profit from it”.

His other son (12 years old) asked: “Papa, tell me…about those Technical Analyst Uncles (TAU jee!!) who appear on business channels giving advise to buy & sell….Tell me Papa….how come those expert TAUs (Technical Analyst Uncles) do not sit in front of trading screen to make money…why do we see them in TV studios during market hours?”

To add insult to the injury, his youngest (7 years old) daughter said this: “Papa papa, bhaiyya log theek kehte hain!! Dekho naa…aap ke woh khaas dost- Circuit Uncle (dealer working with broker) woh to sara din computer screen ke saamne baithte hain….phir bhi naa toh aapke ke liye naa khud ke liye paisa bana paate hain! Aur aap Papa, aap to Mummy se jyaada Circuit Uncle se hi baat karte hain naa!”

Naturally, father Mungerilal was too embarrassed and speechless. I however felt that at least GenNext is smarter & is unlikely to follow footsteps of Mungerilal father.

Later I overheard this Mungerilal screaming at his wife “Yeh sari tumhari galti hain, Tum ne bachhon pe kuchh acche sanskar nahin kiye hain! Teeno sach bolte hain!!! aur meri izzat kaa faaluda kar diyaa sab ke saamne! Agle parties mein main akela hi jaya karoonga”.

Somehow, I saw couple of Lawyers wandering around this family, could be sensing some business opportunity.

Chunnilal: “Ch se Channel, Ch se Chamatkaar, Ch se Chaalu, Ch se Chandramukhi, Ch se Ch***…”

1. Another Mungerilal, who was successful in making some short-term money, was busy scolding his wife. The reason was that his wife was told during a kitty party & was convinced that “Bull Market is nothing but a random market movement causing a ‘trader’ to mistake himself for a financial genius”.

Chunnilal: “T se Timebomb, T se T-Group, T se Trading, T se T-Spiritual, T se Timing…..”

I wondered if this was true, then “Bear Market shall be defined as a period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry and the husband gets none”

1. Then I heard this heartbreaking experience of one Mungerilal which is quite emotional. His daughter got engaged in April this year and marriage is scheduled in first week of December’06. He had saved money to buy 10 tolas (100 gms) gold jewelry as a wedding gift (dowry is a legally banned term in India). A Broker-Friend (I think it’s a misnomer!) suggested to him that instead of putting Rs. 1 Lac in buying physical gold, why not buy gold futures, after all with the same money he could play to buy 1 Kg worth of Gold (Power of Leveraging, you know)! And he had further convinced Mungerilal that by rolling over his position, in the next six months he would be able to multiply his money, so not only gold jewelry but entire marriage expense will be free!!! Around the same time, couple of firangi “expert analysts” on CNBC predicted gold prices to touch US$ 1,400, which meant double the level it was trading at that time.  This was about first week of May’06. So, Mungerilal calculated that by leveraging, his money would grow exponentially in a very short time (simple calculation explained by Circuit: Gold will double, so… 20,000-10,000=10,000 x 100 = 10 Lacs profit!). By paying Rs. 1 Lac towards margin & some buffer amount to take care of volatility, he bought a contract of 1 Kg Gold at the rate of Rs. 10,500 odd.

It was very very unfortunate that gold started falling thereafter…below 10,000 level he got his first margin call….Circuit somehow convinced him not to book loss…so Mungerilal borrowed some money (personal loans are so easy these days….just dial-a-loan…HUM HAIN NA!) to pay up additional margin. But Gold refused to go up due to global factors. Broker-Friend & his technical analyst came out with some research report showing strong support at 9,600 (some US$ 660 odd level on Comex). The Broker-Friend, Tech Analyst and Circuit all proved to Mungerilal the Power of Averaging (remember first it was power of leveraging!).Mungerilal further borrowed on his credit card limits and bought one more lot of 1 Kg contract. One fine evening, when gold breached sub-9,000 levels, Mungerilal got frantic calls from Circuit & Broker-Friend either to pay up additional margin or else they would be forced to cut his positions. Having reached all the credit limits, poor Mungerilal was helpless.

His net booked loss was to the tune of Rs. 3 Lacs all in a matter of few weeks, apart from outstanding loan, interest thereon, brokerage, phone bills, sleepless nights, physical & mental stress etc.

Even Chunnilal got stunned & speechless after hearing this episode. However I faintly heard him murmuring: “G se Gold, G se Gaflaa, G se Gadhaa, G se Gareeb, G se  Ga****…”

1. There was one Mungerilal narrating his story about how he suffered losses due to heeding advice rendered free on some internet chat room. There was a group of 3-4 boarders who used to “talk-up” particular scrip. He forgot that rising tide raises all the ships. He started believing them blindly after he made some quick buck. It took some time and lots of money for him to realise that he was trapped into buying some real junk stocks of Z category.

Chunnilal: “Z se Z-group, Z se Zigma, Z se Zinta, Z se….”

1. Then there was a table surrounded by 5-6 Mungerilals of the Technical kind. A chart was laid at the centre of table and they were trying to forecast some future movements. I got curious as always & joined that group to get insights. One said: “it seems to have bottomed out between 54 and 59, a break out above 62 will indicate a target of 72”. The other opined: “structure is positive, it has gone down to say I’m moving up. Up move is intact. My target would be 80+”. The third offered his take on the chart: “I think once it crosses this neck line of inverted head-and-shoulder pattern, it will mean a target of more than 75”. And then I heard this from the fourth Mungerilal: arey yaar, 60 pe strong support hain! First class to jaroor milega!!” I was completely taken aback with this comment and upon further enquiry learnt that the chart was plotted by one of Mungerilals of % marks his Son got from 2nd  to 8th Standard and they were trying to predict his SSC (10th Std) results! I wished them all the best luck and moved on with a strange feeling.

Chunnilal: “F se First-Class, F se Faber, F se Fibonatchi, F se FII, F se F***….”

1. One Mungerilal was cursing Peter Lynch loudly. I was concerned about Lunch’s reputation so tried to find out more…….He had heard somewhere how Peter Lynch successfully implemented “buy-what-you-see” strategy. Our Mungerilal (during April/May this year) as usual called up his broker to ask for latest “hot-tip”. His favourite dealer (Circuit) said ”Sir Jee, LML le lo…. long term charts pe break out hua hain…Now it is quoting at 46.80, apna strong momentum call hain. Bindhast aankh band kar ke buy karo…74 ka target hain!” That day, for a change he did not buy. Later the same evening, Mungerilal went to repair his Bajaj Pulsar at a local workshop. In the corner he saw a (junk looking-old) LML scooter. He made a note of it and the next day called Circuit to buy LML at market price which was then about 49.50. This Mungerilal is now blaming Peter Lynch because loss-making LML has since been referred to BIFR!

Chunnilal: ”L se LML, L se Lobhi, L se Lynch, L se Laalach, L se Loss….”

1. There was one Doctor (himself a Mungerilal) surrounded by a group of other Mungerilals. I sneaked-in to learn more….. They were apparently consulting the Doctor on medical problems. This is what I heard:

M1: Doctor Saab, aaj kal constipation ki badi dikkat hain!

Dr.M: kya aap samay pe khana khate hain? Aur samay pe sote hain?

M2: kahan Doctor jee, M1 to day trading mein hain na……unhe kahan se neend aayegi…sapne mein  bhi tickers aur charts dikhte honge!

M1: yes Doctor Saab, aisa hi hota hain! Raat ko beech mein uth ke Dow/NYSE ka closing bell bhi dekhta hoon….phir Kudlow & Company….

M3: Doctor, I have marked that whenever I trade CALL Options, I have trouble answering nature’s call!

Dr.M: I would suggest you try trading PUT option!

M2: I have devised a remedy; I go to answer ‘those’ calls only after watching bazaar-morning-call at 9am. Having said that, my ‘motion’ however depends upon global cues & what “three-wise-men” have to say….

Chunnilal: “D se Doctor, D se Dast, D se Dinesh Dalmiya, D se Derivative, D se Devil, D se Danger…”

1. At the end of the party, near the hotel car park I saw a Macro-Economist-cum-Analyst working for a large ‘Foreign investment bank-cum-merchant bank-cum-brokerage’. He was looking for something near a light pole. I asked him if he had lost something there. The macro-economist said, "I lost my keys over in the alley."  Then we all asked him why he was looking by the light pole then. The macro-economist-cum-analyst responded, "It’s a lot easier to look over here!"

Chunnilal: “E se Economist, E se Earnings, E se Estimate, E se Emerging, E se End…”

Additional Notes for inferring stock ideas: Branded watches, branded shoes, diamond jewelry, and Camera phones seem to be in vogue. Drinking & Smoking as always is on the rise. Lots of families travel often to tourist places (both domestic & international destinations) for weekend & weeklong trips. Even high school kids were seen exchanging e-mail IDs & confirmed that they use broadband at home. Mobile phone penetration is unbelievably high. There is tremendous increase in usage of Financial services like: Credit Card, Insurance, Personal-Home-Auto-Education-HomeFurnishing Loans, Loan for tourism, Top-up loan on existing home loans, Loan to repay earlier loans & above all Mutual Funds, Stocks & Commodities Broking.

Disclaimer: The names of the characters have been changed to protect their real identity & mainly to protect the author from their likely onslaught. The characters depicted here are not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings…living, not-yet-born or dead. The motive behind this reporting/writing is purely investor education.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 8:18pm
My "Booker prize" goes to Kulman for this amazing Diwali bonanza....

-------------

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 8:24pm
A  se Awesome;  B se Brilliant; C se Cool ;  D Se (Did not find a word ) E se Extraordinary; F se Fantastic; G se Great; H se Humurous; I se Incredible; J se Jewel;  

K se Kulmajee Keep it up. One of the best posts of this site

-------------

Posted By: Vivek Sukhani
Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 8:34pm
Too good....simply mind-blowing.

Just 1 thing Kulman, you have said B se Ballarpur and I must say that I like this scrip and have a few shares of it already.... Am I also falling into their grade....

Kindly advise.

Posted By: chic_1978
Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 8:45pm
Kulmanji

Hats off to you

Amazing work, extraordinary write up

Keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
happy & wise investing

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 8:58pm
S se Shukriya!

Well, I do not deserve B se Booker prize. I'm only writing B se Bakwas just to caution new Mungerilals of the pitfalls. And by now you all know that I'm a great fan of B se Buffet & B se Basant!!

By the way, Vivekjee, I have edited B se Bellary Steel (BSE Code 500045) instead of B se Ballarpur.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 9:06pm
Hi Kulman,

At this rate, I will have no alternative but to form a Kulman Fan Club..... Just 1 thing more, you editedit because I wrote that or because you have written ballarpur by mistake?

Regards,

Vivek

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 9:11pm
You know Vivek jee Ch se Chunnilal sharaab peekar bol raha tha....maine sirf uski galti ko sudharaa!!!

(I too like Ballarpur, hopefully the younger Thapars are a better breed)

-------------

Date Posted: 18/Oct/2006 at 9:22pm
Kulman,

Admi pi kar ke sach bolta hai.... may be we are in dangers for our liking of ballarpur

Regards,

Vivek

Date Posted: 20/Oct/2006 at 9:34pm
Vivek jee

The very next day when he was in full hosh, with no hangover, I rechecked with Chunnilal...he says it was a mistake due to slip of tongue....so Ballarpur is safe!

Cheers...and enjoy Diwali !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Oct/2006 at 2:36am

And here is some good reading on http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/26/commentary/sahadi/index.htm?postversion=2006102613 - "How Wall Street can wreck your life"

Those who are successful on Wall Street are often the most susceptible to depression and self-sabotage. A common refrain he (Mr. Cass, a clinical psychologist) often hears from clients is "I'm making all this money. How come I'm not happy?"
...........negative emotions can fuel some destructive habits.
His clients are most often referred to him by their wives and branch managers after they've noticed serious changes in behavior: screaming, being overly demanding of coworkers, harassing women, driving clients to issue complaints and being what Cass calls "Ice Men" -- emotionally absent from family and friends. Their marriages become another mountain they have to move; their wives another person to answer to.
Potential signs of alcohol dependency (again, not limited to Wall Street) include having three or more drinks a day, having problems caused or exacerbated by alcohol and drinking when you know it's dangerous. Another sign: drinking every night but feeling it's not a problem because you're still making money and doing well, Cass said.
---------------------------------------------------------

Beware M/S Mungerilals & Chunnilals!

-------------

Date Posted: 27/Oct/2006 at 5:01pm
Basantjee...
You dint write about the cnbc investor camp in kolkata....u had attended it,rite?......met any mungerilal ?

-------------

Date Posted: 27/Oct/2006 at 5:41pm
The mungerilals had made our STock Editor's life miserable so much that he had to come on stage and say "please do not tell these analysts that so and so stock fell from so and so place because in a market everyone can be wrong".
Some questions that I heard and smiled (since I remembered Kulmanji ) were:

1) Aap kuch kam daam ka share batayiye to PN Vijay when he said buy Voltas.
2) Sir yeh sab toh theek hai ab Monday ke liye kya kare koi tip - to Rajan Shah of ANgel broking.
3) I saw some people discussing the Delhi road and infrastructure with PN Vijay. I thought that this was a lousy way to waste a wonderful opportunity either they want to day trade or they get so macro that they want to discuss Delhi roads.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/Oct/2006 at 5:49pm
Nice observation Basant jee....

In one of the seminars I attended, Ajit Dayal was crowded by 8-10 guys & they were asking his opinion about Index (Nifty) Management on F&O expiry day!

-------------

Date Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 3:31pm

A Mungerilal & a stock fundamental analyst went to the racecourse. The Mungerilal suggested to bet Rs. 50,000 on a horse. The funda analyst was skeptical, saying that he wanted first to understand the rules, to look on horses, etc.

The Mungerilal whispered that he knew a secret algorithm for the success, but he could not convince the funda guy. "You are too theoretical," he said and bet on a horse.
Surely, that horse came first bringing him a lot of money. Triumphantly, he exclaimed: "I told you, I knew the secret!"
"What is your secret?" the funda analyst asked.
"It is rather easy. I have two kids, three and five year old. I sum up their ages and I bet on number nine."
"But, three and five is eight," the funda guy protested.
"I told you, you are too theoretical!" the Mungerilal replied, "Haven't I just shown experimentally that my calculation is correct?!"

-------------

Date Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 5:40pm
Now to all those [people who voted on Orkut against this man this is  a link to suggest how much people have made by following his suggestions. To keep the suspense alive I have not written the name as it would be obvious once you click on the link. The man appears to be 100% correct. WHo says you can only be 60% right and 40% wrong but what matters is how much you lose when you were wrong?

http://www.prakashgaba.com/testimonials_prakash_gaba.htm - http://www.prakashgaba.com/testimonials_prakash_gaba.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 29/Oct/2006 at 9:09pm

P.M.S.

Here are some observations about Portfolio Management Schemes (PMS) after recent interactions with a large number of investors, Traders & of course Mungerilals:
  1. Lately, there has been noticable increase in marketing pitch from telemarketers of large reputed Brokerages to their existing/new clients for subscribing to PMS.
  2. Even your old chum, Relationship Manager a.k.a. Dealer a.k.a Circuit might have mentioned about PMS or would have visited you personally along with an "expert advisor", a smartly dressed young guy (usually wears ties---and somehow design of their ties resemble the ones worn by star business TV Anchor).
  3. 98.5% of these "expert PMS Advisors" have less than 15 months of "experience" in the market. They have however passed exams conducted by NCFM and possibly AMFI.
  4. 46.5% of these "expert PMS Advisors" are either from BPO (call center) or Real Estate (plots/flats etc) Selling background.
  5. 86.5% carry a laptop. During their presentation they would show you colourful & impressive ppt slides indicating the fund managers' out-performance during the past 3-4 years. they have also been well trained to make you feel "down" as they would tell you how some known HNIs (in your city) have multiplied wealth using this route.
  6. They'll quote about "different horses for different courses" theme while introducing various types of PMS....just hold your breath: Plain Vanilla, Aggressive, Active, Passive, Discretionary, Non-discretionary, Fundamental, Value, Growth, Value-cum-growth, Large Caps, Mid Caps, SMID-Caps, Arbitrage, Technical, Momentum, F&O, Hedged, Unhedged, Blue-Chips etc etc etc and so on....
  7. Usually they have criteria of some minimum amount, varies between 5-10 Lacs. If you express inability due to this, there is an option of putting your current demat holdings in & top up the balance cash. However, there is a catch: In all probability, their PMS Fund Manager would sell all your holdings to raise cash. And as such he may not agree with your investment argument for holding on to the same.
  8. PMS Fund Manager would keep on "churning" your portfolio. This helps you to be with winning scrips always! (actually it helps the Brokerage House...you know why & how).
  9. There are no guaranteed/promised returns (96.5% would not fail to mention that it is as per SEBI rules). However there will a certain "profit sharing" formula.
  10. 72.5% of the people surveyed said that PMS shall mean: "Pyaar-se Maaro Scheme"!

Any views/comments/experiences from forum members?

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 3:25pm
Absolutely that is the way they approach you. SOme years back I used to contact all the PMS fellows to see what stocks they have bought into and they obliged me with past holding statements also had a few dinners at the TAJ as I was invited as a prospective catch.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 3:59pm
Actually, the PMS guys want the money to trade on behalf of Costumer..... and their performance is the same as that of Ordinary index (or worse then that). They go up and down along with the markets. They add little value.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 9:29pm
It is no wonder then, why the Oracle from Omaha said this:

Full-time professionals in other fields, let's say dentists, bring a lot to the layman. But in aggregate, people get nothing for their money from professional money managers. ---- Warren Buffett

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 9:42pm

I got some free lunches (dinners) and that too without enrolling for the PMS. At that time the objective was to meet the fund manager who was doing the PMS and talk to him whether he was interested in retailing and media stocks.Never got a positive response. In fact I met one of those PMS agents (dalals) a few months back and he said "aapka share toh bahut achcha chala ab profit book kar ke PMS karwa lijiye". I smiled back and nodded saying I would think over it- after all I had taken their salt at the TAJ.

On a serious note all this PMS business is worse then a MF.  

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 10:01pm
Wah Basant jee

Aap ne Tata ke Taj hotel mein, Tata namak kha ke, Fund Manager ko tata kiya!!! Jawab nahin!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 10:20pm

Ha Ha Ha. That was good one but I have seen that most of these fund managers have this http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=240 - Zebra mentality . Look at the kind of cash positions these people were holding when the index was at 9000 levels.

The number of fund manager who have made ten baggers in this entire bull run is far less then what they ought to have given the scale of following  they have.  I am not saying that they are follish but that they they are not as intelligent as we perceive them to be.

-------------

Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 11:00pm

I met two Mungerilals (one 23 years old & the other 43) this evening, both very happy & in jolly mood singing loudly following songs:

M-23 Years Old (immitating Himesh Reshamiya's nasal tone): "Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…..
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo………….
Ooooooooooooooooooo……..Oooooooooooooo………Huzoooooooooooorr……
13……..13…. 13……..Surooooooooooooooooorr !!!"

M-43 years old (trying to immitate the great Kishore-da): "Hey hey…haha…hmmmm... hmm…hmmm… Kora kagaz tha yeh man mera….likh liyaa naam is pe 13, 13, 13, 13……"

It took me some time to understand that they were celebrating 13K !!!

-------------

Posted By: India_Bull
Date Posted: 30/Oct/2006 at 12:47pm
Hi,

I used to listen very carefully the views of the fund managers and so called analysts on the business channel, but observed that they change their views often at lightening speeds just when market changes its direction.I now do not look at what they say....However I find Pranav,Vijay to be very good in their analysis...

-------------
India_Bull forever Bull !
www.kapilcomedynights.com

Date Posted: 06/Nov/2006 at 12:39pm
One ML called me up some minutes back. Since he is in contact with me for some time I asked him whether he still holds TV 18 in his portfolio? He replied "saara galti woh *?@ chidambaram ka hai woh Sept 30th ka date extend karwa diya aur mein 20th tak sab share bech diya kyon ki woh sab kachcha mei tha nahin toh mein december tak rakh leta"

I wanted to tell him " agar tum aisa strategy lagaoge toh thode din mein "kache" mein a jaoge".

-------------

Posted By: tigershark
Date Posted: 06/Nov/2006 at 8:21pm
here is something that passed my mind - if mungerilals keep coming on the business channel that we own and as more  and more poeple realise this dont yu feel that over a period of time the viewership might go down

-------------
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things

Posted By: omshivaya
Date Posted: 06/Nov/2006 at 8:40pm
These "experts" are no fools. They dont just trade for a living and dont just live off their subscribers. My gut feeling tells them me that they put in a lot of the money they earn into stock investments too, for the long haul. With extra money they can afford to trade. If they were not well off, they wouldnt still be on TV18 b**king for 3 years(since I have seen them). Trading is good, when you have loads of cash as that way you can invest most of it into good stocks and really afford the risk of trading with the xtra cash. And in fact they can be good daytraders, as they will really trade "technically" and not let emotions ruin the way to trade, by worrying about a loss.

Just my 5 pence! I am no expert.

-------------
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it

Date Posted: 06/Nov/2006 at 10:42pm
I was with couple of Mungerilals this evening. They were describing today's experience from the 'dealing room'. Without going into individual stocks, this is what they had to say in short:

• Most of the day-traders were short on Nifty/other stock futures & had to cut losses. The song played today in the dealing room was: "Seene mein jalan, aankho mein toofan sa kyu hain? Is room mein har shakhs pareshan sa kyu hain?"
  • The other Mungerilal (who missed the TV18 train) modified this song slightly...instead of "seene mein..." he replaced that body part with an unmentionable but important part....! 

-------------

Date Posted: 07/Nov/2006 at 4:50pm
Just received a call from our musical Mungerilal.....the information from dealing room is that today's hit song was:

"Call aur Put, Put aur Call, Call aur Put, Put aur Call, dukhi hain yun aaj milke…jaise kisi dealing room mein mil jaaye do traders tanha rote rote……"

-------------

Date Posted: 07/Nov/2006 at 4:17am
here is a quiz on mungerilals did  you know that one famous mungi is named after a very famous cricket ground in australia.correct answer will get 2 nights 3days stay in that great city

-------------
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things

Date Posted: 07/Nov/2006 at 8:36am

Ha Ha Ha Ha .........Wah Tigershark! Kya baat hain!!!

You mean Brisbane Cricket Ground!

Just one addition....that person is TAUjee.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/Nov/2006 at 8:38am
Well tigershark the correct answer is the Gabba in Brisbane.... Queensland. The Full name of the cricket ground is Wollengabba. The Mungi analyst you are reffering has his website located http://www.prakashgaba.com - here...  His son incidentally also has a website http://www.mohitgaba.com - here...  

Bring on my free gift for a stay to watch the Ashes.....

-------------

Date Posted: 07/Nov/2006 at 9:03am
Here's a short story to highlight how people are duped by operators (KP like scams) when greed overcomes reasoning...........

Once upon a time in a village a man appeared who announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for Rs. 10. The villagers seeing that there were many monkeys went out in the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at 10 and as supply started to diminish and villagers started to stop their effort he announced that now he would buy at 20 rupees.

This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching moneys
again. Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to 25 and the supply of monkeys became so that it was an effort to even see a monkey let alone catch it.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at 50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business his assistant would now buy on behalf of the man.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers, "Look at all
these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them
to you at 35 and when the man comes back you can sell it to him for 50."

The villagers queued up with all their saving to buy the monkeys.

Phir na woh aadmi mila na us ka assistant........... Sirf bandar hee bandar.....rah gaye

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 2:00pm
bubble vision you are right congrats, but i will have to sell my tv18 to send you to brisbane how can you be so cruel.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 2:26pm
Tigershark -- actually the winner is Kulman. I (in kolkata), and He (in pune), both were typing and i was trying to give the details and hence Kulman clicked the post reply button before me....

I will watch the Ashes (matches between bulls and the bears were pigs win) on TV18 (Hopefully)....

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 3:00pm
I am anticipating some great Mungerilal Stories from Kulman later on in the day...

For Mungerilal's ....  i am sorry for you, buy you guys make a great story....

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 3:33pm
I will watch the Ashes (matches between bulls and the bears were pigs win) on TV18 (Hopefully)....

Great so my company should  have a sports channel soon!!! By the way do you guys know that NS of the "we are here" Bank is extremely bearish on Tv 18 says accounts are cooked, ratings manipulated, insiders trade, sell short then ask Dr. Gloom to spell the domm from the boom.....

Now from someone who manages billions of dollars this is a big statement to make.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 8:03pm
Hi Kulman,

This is a real good one !!!

-------------

Posted By: PrashantS
Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 8:35pm
..well that could be to drive away mungeris from getting into TV18.....even at current levels

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 10:09pm
Somehow I keep on meeting these Mungerilals almost everyday either on the way to office, on the way back, morning walks, evening strolls, in shopping malls, restaurants...

Today I met 3 such guys.

This Mungerilal & I had discussed about buying into Blue Star few months ago, in fact he only told me that lots of new malls have centralised AC from this company. Today, he told me he did not buy Blue Star because CNBC TV's ticker does not have that stock, which makes him anxious that he is unable to track the same!!!

The other two guys were singing this remix number from "Ghulaam":

M1: Aey, kya bolta tu?

M2: Aye…kya main bolu?

M1: Sun…..

M2: suna….
M1: aata kya Dealing Room….?
M2: Kya karoon…aake main Dealing Room?
M1: Arey…dekhenge…sochenge….charts padhenge….F&O khelenge…stop-loss lagayenge….loss banayenge aur kya?
M2: Dealing Room mein margin pe khelnege, ghar bhi bech ke aayenge…..

I immediately hailed Taxi number 9-2-11 & came back home safely.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 11:16pm
BubbleVision:
You mentioned The Mungi analyst you are reffering has his website located..here..His son incidentally also has a website ..here..

Baap re Baap....ab Bete ko bhi jhelna padega !!!!

(By the way, BubbleVision you also like Abdul....keeping a close watch...hmmm...)

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 11:40pm

Bubble Vision - How do you find so many links? As they say one should keep a close eye on the competitor but then the "Gabba" is a TAU and you are a TA (without a "U").

By the way the son seems to have a nice positive structure.I could just see the head and shoulder with the neckline there

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 6:40am
Wah Basantjee wah!!

My wishlist includes kicking those Double B**** formations!

-------------

Date Posted: 08/Nov/2006 at 11:20am
Thankfully, i have been accepted as a TA (Without a U).....

I got the Son's site from the Baap's website. I get so many interesting links because of Research which i do....

Kulman.. thanks for that amazing song

Today on Saas Bahu and (senseless) Sensex...

Bahu : I have saas (SSI).. what should i do with her...
Analyst : Sell half of her at the current levels and keep half for selling on a rally.

Another incident:
Saas : I want to increase my holding in Bahu (BHEL)
Analyst: She is "overvalued". Sell her !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Nov/2006 at 1:38pm

WonderfulBubbleVision!

So Kulmanji being a value investor you do not want to buy at the bottom....... Strange

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Nov/2006 at 3:28pm
kulmanji

I have become a fan of urs.........

Basantji...lets award a Ph.D to Kulmanji for his research on the beahviour of Mungerilals...wht creativity man...loved that song of Aata kya dealing room,Stop loss lagayenge...lol....i had almost fallen off my chair...

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Nov/2006 at 3:36pm
Monu jee

I'm just reporting what's happening around. I don't deserve any Degree/PG/PhD...I'm still in KG as far as capital markets are concerned. Remember tution fees are very very very high here!

By the way, just heard from one Mungerilal about today's hit song on Sa-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa:

It's a duet to be sung by Circuit & Mungerilal:

Trend ke saath saath, Stop-loss ke sang sang….O Trader chal…..muzhe leke saath chal tu…sambhal mere saath chal tu…..le haatho mein charts chal tu…

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Nov/2006 at 3:42pm

Excellent Kulmanji !!

I am also there in your fan list !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Nov/2006 at 3:47pm
Thanks Sandeep jee!

-----------------------

BubbleVision

That Saas-Bahu show was a good one really!
------------------------

Basantjee

I would love to buy at bottoms.....but TAU jees would CRY: major supports broken...SELL SELL SELL!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09/Nov/2006 at 3:58pm
Taken inspiration from you kulman!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 10/Nov/2006 at 5:27pm
As intimated earlier about a proposed train journey along with number of Mungerilals & families. Pleased to inform that reservations are confirmed. And a new character named MUSSADDILAL is also joining this tour along with his mother. The train number, by the way is 3822UP GAREEB RATH !

I can't wait to board that train.......Watch this space closely.......

-------------

Print Page | Close Window