Print Page | Close Window

Basants Corner - Finally Here!

Printed From: The Equity Desk
Category: Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list?
Forum Name: Announcements
Forum Discription: Get the latest news about TheEquityDesk.com here! Please read the Disclaimer ! !
URL: http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3460
Printed Date: 27/Apr/2024 at 1:01pm

Topic: Basants Corner - Finally Here!
Posted By: basant
Subject: Basants Corner - Finally Here!
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:21pm
Guys, this is the url for Basants corner:

http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/

1) You can register on this site the payment gateway is installed. In case you have made payments please indicate that on the form.

2) Though I have a list of stocks ready they are in inactive mode i.e not visible to the user. Once you register I will have to activate your account and then only you would get access to the segment where stocks are listed which in any case are in inactive mode now.

3) Reason for (2) above is that I am facing serious issues on alignment and have website people tell me that it will be fixed soon. I am a bit reluctant to release data unless it makes for easy reading.

4) Once we make the stocks public PLEASE do not go and rush to buy them. Some of them may be illquid new names so any attempt to chase prices will be detrimental to all. There is no need to chase prices if stocks go up we will wait.

We will make the names public ONLY AFTER MARKET HOURS so no ones get any undue advantage and that will be the norm ALWAYS.

5) One segment is not working and we are on the job to set it through. I guess it should be done in less then a week.

6) Finally a Big Thank you to all of you for the faith and trust. I am sure we will be able to carve out a mutually profitable relationship.

In case of any issues please send me an email at equitydesk at gmail . com or I will respond ASAP.

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Replies:
Posted By: arthashastra
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:28pm
I can't see icici bank option in net banking
please fix t as early as possible
eager to join :)

Posted By: RahulB
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:30pm
Congratulations! A new milestone for you...

Wish you all the best! I hope this is a great success for you and others....

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by RahulB

Congratulations! A new milestone for you...Wish you all the best! I hope this is a great success for you and others....

Thank you. Ethics and morality have to take paramount importance here and I am sure that I would come up to your expectations.

Arthashastra: You can deposit cheque/cash into my ICICI bank account details of which are:

Originally posted by basant

I am getting mails for Bank details so putting this up again.

It has been put in here. I missed it in the earlier post and have now edited the same.

While we may launch the website from Monday, 31st October 2011 the payment gateway through CC Avenue will come up a couple of days later. Meanwhile details of the bank account are indicated below for people who are doing a cheque/cash drop in or maybe a 3rd party net transfer also.

The all inclusive annual charges for the entire package is Rs 15,000 and is payable upfront as indicated before. No additional charge in terms of service taxes etc needs to be paid on this amount.

Please note that payments will be made in favour of "Basant Maheshwari Financial Services" only.

BANK DETAILS

PAY TO     Basant Maheshwari Financial Services      
BANK NAME ICICI Bank
ACCOUNT NUMBER     004205500316     
ACCOUNT TYPE CURRENT
BRANCH NAME     Salt lake     
BRANCH CITY     Calcutta
ZIP     700091     
COUNTRY     INDIA
IFSC CODE ICIC0000042

In case you are doing a cash/cheque deposit or an online transfer please drop a mail at [email protected] with your name and other details and indicate the subject heading as "PAYMENT FOR BASANTS CORNER"

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Posted By: catchsudipto
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:39pm
Wish U very Best for Basant's Corner. Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Make your Life as simple as possible.

Posted By: shivkumar
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:41pm
There is no option for credit cards.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:42pm
I am getting a barrage of emails for activation. We will activate your account in some time. Just bear with me!

I am not able to answer everyone through mail so apologies for that.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:58pm
MANY of you are registering with your old email. YOU NEED TO REGISTER AFRESH.

-------------

Posted By: kumar.umang1
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:02pm
i have registered with my existing user account which was valid for ted access..is it not allowed ??

Posted By: bharti
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:02pm
Please clarify "old email".

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by kumar.umang1

i have registered with my existing user account which was valid for ted access..is it not allowed ??

The userID will be your email only. new or old does not matter.

-------------

Posted By: camanoj
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:04pm
Basantji,

Just checked your corner. One query to help me take decision on joining:

Pantaloon has so far been your biggest multiplier. But Pantaloon never met one of your criterion for top ten - free cash flow positive. Infact, pantaloon has always been and still is not only FCF negative but also negative on operating CF. From what I have leart at TED, negative Operating CF is a strict no no.

-------------
Manoj

Posted By: rohit1889
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:07pm
basantji, if i subscribe to basic 365 package, will i be able to view the questions posted by other Teddies to you?

-------------
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.

Posted By: smart_prof
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:08pm
Hearty Basantji congratulations to you ...May god bless you amd all of us

Posted By: atulbull
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:30pm
Congratulations to Basantji  and all the tedies.
cheers!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Price is what you pay.Value is what you get.

Posted By: Gurdial
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:31pm
Basant ji,

How long would it take to activate the account? I have sent you an email.

-------------
To be a successful business owner and investor, you have to be emotionally neutral to winning and losing. Winning and losing are just part of the game.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:31pm
Basantji, Thanks a lot for starting this. It'll benefit all of us and help us learn a lot. Basant's corner will be a feather in TED's cap Thumbs%20Up
I sold some of my loss making holdings to pay for Basant's corner (as i'm a small investor and my networth is not big). Thanks to you i sold them else i would  have been holding them hoping for a bounce back. Clap
I have started reconstructing my portfolio thanks to you

-------------
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by rohit1889

basantji, if i subscribe to basic 365 package, will i be able to view the questions posted by other Teddies to you?

No, this facility is only with the Ask Basant section where questions and my answers will be put up for viewing.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:43pm

MANY of you are registering with your old email. YOU NEED TO REGISTER AFRESH.

Sir this pl explain (your fresh email)

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:46pm

No, this facility is only with the Ask Basant section where questions and my answers will be put up for viewing.

Additionally my personal buys and sells will only be reflected in the Ask Basant section.

The other segments will not have my personal buy and sell trades.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 1:48pm
Sirji,

i have mailed pl activate my account i am anxious since 19th oct

Posted By: itpro
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:08pm

Additionally my personal buys and sells will only be reflected in the Ask Basant section.

Can we upgrade from basic to gold package at later date ?

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:22pm
Actually I might stop the Gold in case there are too many people because it is a time consuming process.

Activation will happen after 4.00 pm today, please bear with me till then.

Meanwhile we will start with 4-5 stocks in basant's Top Ten and increase it over the next week to 10.

-------------

Posted By: ali1
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:31pm
i could not search or locate the site. http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/default.asp
i googled it. can someone help?

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:32pm
http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/default.asp

copy and paste above on your browser

Posted By: vijayM
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:33pm
http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/default.asp -
http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/default.asp

working.

-------------
If a business does well, the stock eventually follows:Warren Buffett

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:33pm

Actually I might stop the Gold in case there are too many people because it is a time consuming process.

Meanwhile we will start with 4-5 stocks in basant's Top Ten and increase it over the next week to 10.

Basantji, If Gold package is stopped then will you upgrade basic to gold ?
what will be the subscription package then for basic? i'm totally confused between which package to choose. I was going for basic considering that your portfolio will be reflected in that section.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 2:40pm

Cry

You can find a way to solve this instead of closing the option. You can restrict number of questions per subscriber per year, keep the option of not replying for trivial questions (difficult to define this though) etc. etc.

-------------

Posted By: r_chetanjain
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 3:04pm
Sir... 9K seems to be very reasonable for the full service... Can't you upgrade Basic to Gold, I mean have a single service and put everything into it... I know you have been doing a great job, but think of small investors like me..

You can put a limit of 2questions/user/week limit instead of closing the whole questionaire section.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by r_chetanjain

Sir... 9K seems to be very reasonable for the full service... Can't you upgrade Basic to Gold, I mean have a single service and put everything into it... I know you have been doing a great job, but think of small investors like me..

You can put a limit of 2questions/user/week limit instead of closing the whole questionaire section.

yes basantji, plz keep the limit on number of questions a user can ask so that you can answer all the questions. Also will it be possible if we purchase basic package now and upgrade to gold after 1-2 months?

-------------

Posted By: mayekar
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 3:23pm
In most cases. where stocks are same, the questions are also similar.

rather than not have the section on Ask Basant, limiting questions is much better option.

Also, by publishing everyones questions on the forum,duplicate queries will be avoided.

more questions and answers for everyone will add to the richness of the corner.

Posted By: leo2007
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 4:15pm
How do we know whether the account is activated or not ? should we wait for an email intimation or try after 4.00 pm

Posted By: abadhya
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 4:39pm
Is site up now?

-------------
Rahul.
Need of the Hour: Humanaire

Posted By: bearish
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 4:42pm
Basantji, youve got a barrage of questions coming your way! If we opt for the Basic package now, Can we upgrade to Gold later? Tx

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 4:45pm
All accounts should be activated by 6.00 pm and we will introduce a few stocks in Top Ten at about 8.00 pm.

I am trying to verify the payment with the details to enable the above. If your payments have not come by now they will in the next 3 hours don't worry.

-------------

Posted By: rajnsharma
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 4:57pm

All accounts should be activated by 6.00 pm and we will introduce a few stocks in Top Ten at about 8.00 pm.

I am trying to verify the payment with the details to enable the above. If your payments have not come by now they will in the next 3 hours don't worry.

Hi Basantjee,
      I just now registered myself for Basant's corner and made the payment using the payment gateway provided. Can access the main pages of all the sections. The interface looks very neat.

Waiting for the activation to happen in order to get into the details.  Lat 3 years I have beniffited a lot in from theequitydesk. Expecting this to be helpful in my next level of learning.

Regards,
Raj

-------------
Wall Street makes money by it's activity, while you can make money by your in-activity - Warren Buffett

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:00pm

sirji,

my account is activated or not hw would i know sir

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by rajnsharma

Hi Basantjee,
      I just now registered myself for Basant's corner and made the payment using the payment gateway provided. Can access the main pages of all the sections. The interface looks very neat.

Waiting for the activation to happen in order to get into the details.  Lat 3 years I have beniffited a lot in from theequitydesk. Expecting this to be helpful in my next level of learning.

Regards,
Raj

Read the free pages till we get your account activated.

-------------

Posted By: rajnsharma
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by rajnsharma

Hi Basantjee,

Regards,
Raj

Read the free pages till we get your account activated.
Doing the same right nowWink

-------------
Wall Street makes money by it's activity, while you can make money by your in-activity - Warren Buffett

Posted By: abadhya
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:13pm
Sure a lot to read :-)...Take your time, Basant ji! Guys we should not force stuffs now...Lets have some patience..Though I am also being little impatience   

-------------
Rahul.
Need of the Hour: Humanaire

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by mayekar

In most cases. where stocks are same, the questions are also similar.rather than not have the section on Ask Basant, limiting questions is much better option.Also, by publishing everyones questions on the forum,duplicate queries will be avoided.more questions and answers for everyone will add to the richness of the corner.

Yes, that is the idea.

-------------

Posted By: master
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:38pm
Basant ji, Wish you all success with the venture, may this initiative benefit large number of small investors!

-------------
Someone’s sitting in shade today because someone planted a tree long time ago.

Posted By: Buffet Glb
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:49pm
Hello,

This is to just update that my account appears to have got activated. I could get access to the premium site, though, as mentioned by Shri Basantjee it would be updated in due course( 8 PM & onwards). In case it hasn't happened with some, the dateline is after 6 PM, so kindly don't be worried. 

Payment process, response and activation process was smooth and responsive. I should appreciate the patience of Basantjee responding to most, though some queries look superfluous and repetitive. The answer to some queries lie in post just few pages earlier.

Some seniors or Teds who are following the process regularly could chip in by providing information as already done by few. They always stand for correction by the Master.

We are commencing another journey of togetherness in investment finance that would be benevolent and beneficial as well.  

Three Cheers!

-------------
"The best assets you can have during inflation are your abilities." - Warren Buffett

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 5:51pm
Hi Basantji,

If a session to the site is Inactive for some period of time, will it automatically logout? If not, it should logout  -  say after 1 hour of Inactivity( may be configurable by end user).

How this will help me is I login from office during office hours and when at home I login from home. Say I forget to logout when leaving for office from home, after one hour  if it automatically logs out, it will not require the account to be supended and write an email to you to unlock it.  Just a thought to save your time. 

OR are there any other suggestions to take care of such a thing which will happen daily with me(Monday to Friday).

Regards,
Vishal

Posted By: Buffet Glb
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:00pm
Teddies,

Could we concentrate on getting things started flawlessly and thereafter address nuances. That would ease pressure on Basantjee. Thanks 

-------------
"The best assets you can have during inflation are your abilities." - Warren Buffett

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:02pm
Europe markets down close to 4-5% on first day of Basant's Corner Cry.
Hope that it wont get reflected much on Indian market

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:04pm
Sir,

my account also got activated thks now waiting for 8 pm

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:11pm

Great time to start this forum

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by bharti

Hi Basantji,

If a session to the site is Inactive for some period of time, will it automatically logout? If not, it should logout  -  say after 1 hour of Inactivity( may be configurable by end user).

How this will help me is I login from office during office hours and when at home I login from home. Say I forget to logout when leaving for office from home, after one hour  if it automatically logs out, it will not require the account to be supended and write an email to you to unlock it.  Just a thought to save your time. 

OR are there any other suggestions to take care of such a thing which will happen daily with me(Monday to Friday).

Regards,

Vishal

Ok I understand but that was done to prevent people from sharing user ids and P/w though that cannot be automatically stopped.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:25pm

I understand the mis-usage part, I will try to remember to logout.  If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Further, Logging out an Inactive session can still be useful from the website performance point of view.

Also, although I don't think we have such low integrity people on TED, but still we may dis-allow copy/paste from this site......

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:34pm
Dear Friends,

Basants Corner is finally here

http://theequitydesk.com/forum/%3cA%20href= - http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/default.asp  

We will start in a couple of hours today. Please note that you will be charged for your payment for 365 days of usage so even if you have paid on Saturday you will be debited today. if one section is not starting today but in 3 more days then this wil be chaged not from today but from when it actually starts for you.

One sincere request is not to bid up the prices tomorrow morning. that way you guys will only chase each other. markets are uncertain. if some stock opens abnormally higher tomorrow think twice before buying it.

Over a period time our stock picks will get diluted and leaked and that will only be bad for us because it will not hjelp us put in incremental money for work. It is in our interest that the stocks listed here are not discussed on google groups and chats. that way it will enable us to buy more.

Some of the stocks that I wil be introducing over the next few days are small caps which have potential to become large caps at least that is the hope!

I will try and inform all Gold members whose payments I have received and accounts activated tomorrow before markets open by email as to where intend to invest with the subscription money. Just give me some time I have been really busy and never worked like this for years!

Good luck to you all! Let us make this a very profitable venture for each of us.

Regards,

Basant Maheshwari

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:45pm

I will try and inform all Gold members whose payments I have received and accounts activated tomorrow before markets open by email as to where intend to invest with the subscription money. Just give me some time I have been really busy and never worked like this for years!

You are peter lynch in making.
I guess you have bigger plans than just to have recom service.
Best of luck for that.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:51pm

One sincere request is not to bid up the prices tomorrow morning. that way you guys will only chase each other. markets are uncertain. if some stock opens abnormally higher tomorrow think twice before buying it.

Moneys are made not just by buying great companies but also by buying them cheap.
For example, people made more money in Gitanjali than Titan from march 2009 low

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:54pm
registration is done but I could not complete the process as site was not accepting credit card. now i have been locked out.

Posted By: Jaishrikrishna
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 7:02pm
For every new beginning we worship lord GANESH, So here i post on behalf of all TEDDIES

GANAPATI BAPPA MORYA

-------------
Don't Buy and Hold, Buy and Homework / Fish see the bait,but not the hook; Men see the profit, but not the peril.

Posted By: vidurchhabra
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 7:10pm
Congrats Basantji, really excited to invest along with you and follow your path.
I tried to make the payment this afternoon online but somehow the direct bank debit option was not working with me.
I will do a interbank transfer tomorrow, once it is done should I refer to my failed transaction ID (no. 76), as it has all my login and contact details?

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by vidurchhabra

Congrats Basantji, really excited to invest along with you and follow your path.
I tried to make the payment this afternoon online but somehow the direct bank debit option was not working with me.
I will do a interbank transfer tomorrow, once it is done should I refer to my failed transaction ID (no. 76), as it has all my login and contact details?

Thanks, for these things you can write to me at the given emailID as they have private information also sometimes.

-------------

Posted By: kumardiwesh
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 7:38pm
Basantji...I have already registered for the service.
Expect to learn great things from you while also making money.

-------------
"History does not tell you the probability of future financial things happening" - Warren Buffett

Posted By: deepakmenon181
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:01pm
Just to confirm, how do I know that my account has been activated? I can login to the new Url and can see the default content under the various sections like "Basant's top 10" etc.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:16pm
The activation process is still on for the ones who have paid up. We will list two companies at 8.00pm both small caps and then one more after an hour at 9.00 pm.

It could take about 15 minutesmore then scheduled time because I would like to double check for payments and activate all accounts before we start.

The mass mailer different for the two packages has not yet been set up so I am using the forum pages. it should be up tomorrow morning or whenever I will write and inform about the stocks that I will buy with this money.

In the scramble to set up things our Vijay Bhattar of Cyberax has not got any sleep but he has promised to set the balance things up latest by Monday.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:19pm
Baasant Sir,
Eager to read your reserach reports.
But I am even more eager to know your views on current market situation on whether this is right time to initiate positions in recom scrips

Posted By: shashikapoorin
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:31pm
congrats basant ji and other members on empowering and helping retail investors.I have gained a lot from TED and I sincerely thanks basant ji for fundamental analysis and hit ji and jaikrishna ji for technicals.
LONG LIVE TED AND IT'S MEMBERS.

-------------
We dont hv 2 be smarter then others v need 2 be more disciplined then others

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:36pm
Thank you Basant Sir for activating my account. I could login to Basant's corner. Big%20smile

-------------

Posted By: ramsey123
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:38pm

Basantji, in my opinion, you should provide your personal buy/sell trades even to basic members. The Ask Basant section should be solely for those who want queries answered. That way, your concern about too many gold registrations will also be addressed.

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 8:53pm
Have introduced two stocks today, depending on market conditions will put in more tomorrow.

No more for today. Markets are uncertain and we will try and capitalize on that

Dear Friends,

Basants Corner is finally here</A>

http://theequitydesk.com/forum/%3cA%20href= - http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/default.asp  

We will start in a couple of hours today. Please note that you will be charged for your payment for 365 days of usage so even if you have paid on Saturday you will be debited today. if one section is not starting today but in 3 more days then this wil be chaged not from today but from when it actually starts for you.

Over a period time our stock picks will get diluted and leaked and that will only be bad for us because it will not hjelp us put in incremental money for work. It is in our interest that the stocks listed here are not discussed on google groups and chats. that way it will enable us to buy more.

Some of the stocks that I wil be introducing over the next few days are small caps which have potential to become large caps at least that is the hope!

Good luck to you all! Let us make this a very profitable venture for each of us.

Regards,

Basant Maheshwari

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 9:16pm
For the ones whose accounts are not yet activated it is because the payment process is still in transit. We will try and update the activation as soon as the payment is received.

There are three money receipts for Rs 15,000 which are lying unidentifid. So in case your payment has been executed yesterday or day before and you have not been confirmed by me please send me a transaction ID so i can reconcile the same.

In case you have already sent me the transaction ID then you need not send it again.

-------------

Posted By: commnman
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 9:54pm
Congratulations and wish you all the best Basant Ji

Great opportunity for all the members to learn & earn!

-------------
main toh aam aadmi hun... jo sunta hoon wohi sach maanta hoon

Posted By: bearish
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 10:28pm
Basant Ji added you in the beneficiary link for neft transfer via hdfc netbanking...It says i will have to wait 24 hrs to confirm you as one... so want to start logging on and reading right now but!

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 10:29pm
The stocks that have been introduced today do not mean that they are No. 1 and No.2 in top ten. these rankings will change once the new stocks come in.

A question that is being asked is about Star ratings which indicates the following:

http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/what-we-offer.asp

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 10:36pm

Is there any way to ask a question on the recommended stocks from within Basant's corner?  Is it covered under "Ask Basant" ?

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 10:41pm
basantji, can we upgrade to Gold at later stage if we subsribe to basic package?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by bharti

Is there any way to ask a question on the recommended stocks from within Basant's corner?  Is it covered under "Ask Basant" ?

Ask Basant will have that feature.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 10:51pm

basantji, can we upgrade to Gold at later stage if we subsribe to basic package?

I do not think so.

-------------

Posted By: srihsd1
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 11:38pm

I do not think so.

Basant Sir,

What is basic packeage and what is gold package? I somehow missed it even though I have been following this thread since it started.

Only package I am aware of is that 15000 rs per year package. I will also go though this thread again. But if it is not too much please provide the link here.

-------------
Best Regards
Sri

Posted By: manojc
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 11:56pm
basic and gold package Difference is mentioned here

http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/register.asp?package_id=1 - http://www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/register.asp?package_id=1

Posted By: subu76
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:03pm
Basant Sir, No ICICI Bank or credit cards allowed...Cry

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by subu76

Basant Sir, No ICICI Bank or credit cards allowed...Cry

No, you can drop a chq/cash/Neft transfer into my Icici bank though.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 11:35am
basantji, i had registered yesterday, but didn't complete the payment. I want to complete the payment but it is not allowing me to continue with the same e-mail id. I have dropped a mail to  [email protected] with my detail. Plz advise.

-------------

Posted By: LearningToFly
Date Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 11:57am
Same problem here Basant Jee

basantji, i had registered yesterday, but didn't complete the payment. I want to complete the payment but it is not allowing me to continue with the same e-mail id. I have dropped a mail to  [email protected] with my detail. Plz advise.

-------------
Success... at all cost.

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by LearningToFly

basantji, i had registered yesterday, but didn't complete the payment. I want to complete the payment but it is not allowing me to continue with the same e-mail id. I have dropped a mail to <b ="fontsize11="" redtxt"=""> [email protected] <span ="fontsize11="" redtxt"="">with my detail. Plz advise.</span>

Send me an email. I will delete the old account and you can register afresh.

Meanwhile several new people who have paid are being activated in about one hour.

Some payments have been received but i can't find the sender. If you have paid for over 2 days and not yet been activated please quote your transaction ID with your Name so that we can identify the people who have paid.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 12:42pm

Originally posted by LearningToFly

basantji, i had registered yesterday, but didn't complete the payment. I want to complete the payment but it is not allowing me to continue with the same e-mail id. I have dropped a mail to <b ="fontsize11="" redtxt"=""> [email protected] <span ="fontsize11="" redtxt"="">with my detail. Plz advise.</span>

Send me an email. I will delete the old account and you can register afresh.

Meanwhile several new people who have paid are being activated in about one hour.

Some payments have been received but i can't find the sender. If you have paid for over 2 days and not yet been activated please quote your transaction ID with your Name so that we can identify the people who have paid.

Thanks a lot basantji. I have registered and completed the payment after you deleted my old account and my new account got activated in 10 seconds after i was redirected from CC avenue payment gateway. That was really fast

-------------

Posted By: tejas.k
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 1:21pm
basantji,
by when can we expect the remaining content?. i understand you are concerned about the market conditions now and hence delaying since it might affect the overall scorecard.  but how about leaving the VIEW and RATING column blank till you think its the time to buy ?

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by tejas.k

basantji,by when can we expect the remaining content?. i understand you are concerned about the market conditions now and hence delaying since it might affect the overall scorecard.  but how about leaving the VIEW and RATING column blank till you think its the time to buy ?

Several people are joining in some have paid while the others have had their payments and it is in the pipeline. In about less then 15 days we will have the top 10 ready and then we can add slowly.

You can also write to me through email for queries like these!

-------------

Posted By: Jaspreet
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 2:34pm
Basantji, when we wanted you to be all over TED you are retiring into a "corner" ;)
Just kidding.
Good initiative.

Posted By: drsatish91
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by arthashastra

I can't see icici bank option in net bankingplease fix t as early as possibleeager to join :)

Sir ji ICICI Bank Missing ? for netbanking payment ? ?

-------------
Dr.Satish M Jethwani

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Jaspreet

Basantji, when we wanted you to be all over TED you are retiring into a "corner" ;)
Just kidding.
Good initiative.

I have been cornered

Doctor: Yes, that is a problem with these CC guys though one can deposit cash/chq/Neft into my ICICI Bank details of which are provided on the forum.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 4:06pm
Basantji:

If a TED XI stock is not in Basants top ten, figuratively it gives the impression that TED XI stocks are no longer as promising as they were before.Your top ten are different now.

( i know your TED XI are closed and now only TED II or TED1 exist)

Although you may be wanting to avoid duplicity, but if i had limited funds and had to chose b/w a Basant top ten and a TED 1(II) , what should i do

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by mayekar

Basantji:If a TED XI stock is not in Basants top ten, figuratively it gives the impression that TED XI stocks are no longer as promising as they were before.

Yes.

Top Ten will have the ideas that I think are supposed to do well over time . They will change with earnings and valuations but these will necessarily not be the stocks on Basants Corner that will provide the highest returns because returns could come from cheap stocks also but they can't be held for a very long time.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 4:21pm
Also these are MY VIEWS not necessarily the correct view.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 5:19pm
What i understand as a newbie, is that top 10  will have long term wealth creating stocks.Stocks that help to prepare for marriage, children, retirement and afterlife. Like all stocks they will have a lifespan but lifespan will be more like a few years.

The Current buy list may have some CHEAP stocks that could give higher returns than the Top 10 but again their life span could be less.

In all this top 10, and Universe, we still need to abide by the basic principle  which is a have concentrated portfolio!

Basantji, please try and incorporate the concentrated portfolio(which is so unique to TED) aspect in your corner in  whatever ways you can.

Maybe you have emphasize the best of each lot .best of top 10, best of the Universe and best of Current buy list.

Posted By: catcall
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 5:37pm
 Deleted

-------------
There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate-when he can't afford it and when he can-Happy investing!

Posted By: Sushanth
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 6:25pm
Basant Sir , can we have a thread in 'basant's Corner' ( may be only for premium members) for queries related to Top Ten and Universe ?

-------------
Thanks and Regards,
Sushanth

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Sushanth

Basant Sir , can we have a thread in 'basant's Corner' ( may be only for premium members) for queries related to Top Ten and Universe ?

yes, just a few days we will have it.

-------------

Posted By: drsatish91
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by Jaspreet

Just kidding.
Good initiative.

I have been cornered

Doctor: Yes, that is a problem with these CC guys though one can deposit cash/chq/Neft into my ICICI Bank details of which are provided on the forum.

Thank you sirji

-------------
Dr.Satish M Jethwani

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 8:50pm
3 rd stock was to be posted after market hours tdy ????

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by smart_prof

3 rd stock was to be posted after market hours tdy ????

Many people are being registered, want to do that after that process is over maybe early morning tomorrow because otherwise they get disadvantaged. Will inform by mailer.

-------------

Posted By: nil_money
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 10:52pm

Basant Ji .. I have sent you details with transaction id .. can you plz activate my account?

-------------
Thanks,
Nilesh

Posted By: anthro
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 12:28pm
Once you open either universe or top ten and click on any one of the stocks we are not able to read first 2 lines because the blue coloured rectangular box "powered by cyberax" covers the same.Can this be rectified so that we can read the first 2 lines also ? Thanks 

Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by anthro

Once you open either universe or top ten and click on any one of the stocks we are not able to read first 2 lines because the blue coloured rectangular box "powered by cyberax" covers the same.Can this be rectified so that we can read the first 2 lines also ? Thanks 

Its ok there is nothing written there.

-------------

Posted By: anthro
Date Posted: 02/Nov/2011 at 12:51pm
Sir the blue box is indeed blocking the first 2 lines of the writeup.

Print Page | Close Window