Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Blogs
 The Equity Desk Forum :Blog :Blogs
Message Icon Topic: Guidelines for the Forum Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
BubbleVision

Online Status: Offline
Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 10:47pm
Thanks Om
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 11:20pm
No problemo at all. Hope you like these links to YouTube videos(all scientific so everyone enjoys them) on this page.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 6:21am
Very good policy. I welcome it and will abide by the rules.
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 15/May/2007 at 8:38am

Nice beginning with these elaborate guidelines for TED.

I, for one would still advocate making this forum accessible to registered users only.

Edited by kulman - 30/Nov/2009 at 11:33pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 15/May/2007 at 10:24am
Thank you for that. But we can wait for a few years before going in for that. You know what prompted me to create something like TED was that most of these brokerages do not talk to individual investors. They cite compliance problems on that. So an individual investor is always at the mercy of those doctored reports which are in any case released after the event.That led me to believe that I could actually write down my views  but in due course we discovered that this was a very exciting thing to do.

Thanks to people like you it has made this site the best financial advisor that any small or big retail investor could have.

Now for that registered user argument. See all Teddies picked up Network18 before the big boys and then we discussed the same day in and day out sometimes I was too embarrassed to argue for the value on NW18 because the stock actually moved down in price. But suddenly something stuck somewhere and the stock zoomed 70%.

There are several instances where the original teddies have got in first because they keep looking at ideas each day whereas the big boys probably keep fiddling with the site for a few minutes a day and hence they cannot locate which thread has a new idea.

There are a list of stocks where Teddies had got in early. TV 18 has been a 3 bagger in less then one year Educomp  has been a 5 bagger (though I had my concerns agfainst this stock from a concentrated portfolio angle), Everest Kanto the unsung hero was a 3 bagger and  ENIL more then doubled ; IndiaBulls ; Pantaloon Retail &  Bharti  Airtel doubled since the discussion was initiated.

The best thing is we were able to loacte these ideas even when the sensex was almost stagnent and the smarter guys were advocating cash limits of upto 40%.

There are several areas where TED cautioned investors to protect money also. Cement, Oil, TAU's, FAU's we debated everything but the bottomline was that there was a sense of selfless service which every participant underwent.That to me was another form of charity.

But as we gain traction and hit a monthly audiance base of say 50k users which is about 5 times from the present level we would surely think of making it accessable to registered members only.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 15/May/2007 at 11:01am
I know lots of people who have subscribed to 'research report' services, 'sms services', 'chamatkar.com' et al....and are paying huge sums with little help in increasing knowledge & worst is that they land up owning junk stocks.

Edited by kulman - 30/Nov/2009 at 11:33pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
vip1

Quote vip1 Replybullet Posted: 15/May/2007 at 11:31am
Ted is in itself a Multibagger because
1) Monopoly almost- You cant have 2 Basant's
2) Scale and Scope  of opportunity- Unliited.
3) Non Cyclical . - TED Members ae logged 24 Hours x 365 Days.
4) Amazing Management gets back to you in a few minutes..
5) Corporate Governance - Any issue are sorted amicably witin Few Minutes.
6) Practically 0 overheads and hence the best ROE;s ROCEs etc etc.
7) Not Dependent on Any Govt. Policies.
8) Experts and opininons which even the Biggest Brokerages Cannot achieve , Brokerages Envy Common Man's Pride
May have missed many other points.
 Anyway 3 Cheers for TED Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 15/May/2007 at 11:46am
Thanks VIP that was quite a business model except that we are looking at market share and not at revenues. Good analysis on TED's business model but it comes with the same problem that Mukta Arts comes with WHat happens if..... ?

Sometimes I feel that TED should not be dependent on me but should only be a facilitator for exchange of information and knowledge.Smile

BTW kulmanji DIsh TV is in full blast. It is up 26% ever since we discussed it on TED!!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version