Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: Guidelines for the Forum Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 8 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: Guidelines for the Forum
    Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 12:45pm

GUIDELINES FOR THE FORUM

1. The forums are meant to be places where investors from around the globe can relay information and ideas. Their purpose is to GENERATE INVESTING IDEAS.
  2. Any form of direct or indirect advertising is not permitted without permission. We reserve the right to delete the posts that are intended for advertisement.
  3. To protect the privacy of participants, posting email addresses is not permitted. Profanity or disruptive behavior on the forums is not permitted.
  4. Personal attacks on individual participants are not permitted. Readers are encouraged to respect the ideas of those who have been kind enough to contribute to the forum and treat one another with civility and respect.

Disclaimer: The information upon which members at TheEquityDesk, base their investing analyses is believed to be reliable, but TheEquityDesk or its members. do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness of any of the information, content, views, opinions, recommendations or services, contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on the TheEquityDesk site, and use of the information provided on this web site is at your sole risk.

TheEquityDesk specifically represents that it does not give investment advice or advocate any purchase, sale or trade. Opinions expressed on the forum pages are not necessarily those of either TheEquityDesk or its founders unless explicitly stated.

In using the forums you should not assume that any messages provided have been reviewed by TheEquityDesk, or that such communications contain correct information, TheEquityDesk disclaims any warranty, whether express or implied including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the information provided on this forum.

None of the materials presented on our web site are to be regarded as investment advice. In no event shall TheEquityDesk and other information providers, be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever, with respect to the service, the materials and the products.

While TheEquityDesk has no obligation to monitor the forums, it reserves the right, at all times, to monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the forums, and to disclose any information as necessary, to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in its sole and absolute discretion, it finds objectionable.

Warning: Stock market Investing may result in losses as well as profits. Stock Investing is not suitable for many members of the public and only risk capital should be applied. The website does not take into account special investment goals, the financial situation or specific requirements of individual users. You should carefully consider your financial situation and consult your financial advisors as to the suitability to your situation prior to making any investment or entering into any transactions.

TheEquityDesk’s content may not be reproduced without the express written consent of TheEquityDesk. All rights reserved copyright, TheEquityDesk 2005-2007.

By reading you acknowledge that you have read and accept these guidelines.

Regards,

Basant Maheshwari

Edited by basant - 22/Apr/2007 at 12:47pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 1:19pm
Yes Sir, thanks!!!! Will abide by the same.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 1:38pm
All of us will abide by it, Vivek why just you. It applies to everybody in general who visits www.theequitydesk.com.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 1:53pm
It applies on me more than anybody thanks to my habit of losing the temper. Am trying to tone it down, and with some help I think I will be able to improve. Thanks for making the process formal as from hence on, no bickerings will be tolerated here....
IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 3:18pm

I would for one like to congratulate the www.theequitydesk.com (Referred as TED) on coming out with a list of guidelines for the Forum. Infact, this was one of the long standing demands of certain members.

I also assure the management of the TED that there would be no violation of guidelines on my part.

However, for the sake of clarification, I would like to request the management to look into its “Copyright” policy. The reasons for my request, along with the possible solutions are noted down below.

There are generally 3 kinds of posts on the TED.

• Members written, on which the TED and the member who has written it could have full copyright, as they are the original creations by the members for the TED exclusively.
  • Copy-Paste of general news form various websites*, by the members. The TED Members may be unknowingly posting various articles into the TED from other websites, which may have been copyrighted of the source website. In such a case, the TED could share the copyright member who is posting it. Although, the original copyright would still be with the source website and the original author of the report.
  • Quotes and other material from various books, snippets from original shareholders letters of the greats. In this case, since the material like “Quotes” and the various shareholders articles are freely available on the internet, so the TED cannot copyright something, which belong to others, without the written permission of the original author or the original person who has given the “Quote”.

I would like to request the TED management to come out with a clear “Copyright” policy, and I would also request the TED management to grant me the Copyright to all my personal posts made under the member name “BubbleVision”.

I for one, once again would like to assure the TED management that there would be no violation of the TED forum rules on my part.

I also hope that this post of mine would NOT have any bearing whatsoever, on the cordial relationship which I currently enjoy with the TED management.

Cheers and Best of Luck. I for one, wish to see the TED forum to be the best knowledge sharing forum in the world, through the strength of its members and a visionary leader, all of whom are absolutely wonderful!!!

BubbleVision.

*Sites like www.moneycontrol.com, www.business-standard.com, ETC.

Edited by BubbleVision - 22/Apr/2007 at 3:23pm
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 3:53pm
All rules are okay by me Basant sir and will try dilgently to follow them. Copyright too is okay by me.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 4:16pm
Recently we have seen a lot of blogs carrying materials from this site and hence the need for these policies.

Material from books  and other medium(newspapers,internet sites) indicating the source is obviously their(source's) material and the fact that we indicate a source at the bottom of such articles indicates that it does not fall in the copyright of  www.theequitydesk.com.

But as this site grows it would need to protect its intellectual assets.

These things are written when a person registers on the site just that I tried making them more explicit.

I also wanted to protect any member from problems in the future hence that disclaimer for readers to consult their Financial advisors before acting on the basis of any discussion at www.theequitydesk.com,

Edited by basant - 22/Apr/2007 at 4:17pm
IP IP Logged
praveenmbd

Quote praveenmbd Replybullet Posted: 22/Apr/2007 at 6:14pm
One suggestion:

The rules must be made accepted at the time of membership registration
IP IP Logged
Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version