Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sector talk
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Sector talk
Message Icon Topic: Good Bye.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
vishu013
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote vishu013 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:26pm
Hello Bansanth-ji Many many thanks for all you have given us. Wish you all the very best. The learning from TED and BC will always remain with us. Hope to emulate atleast 10% of what you have taught. The stupendous rise of portfolio from few lakhs to a Cr+, has been all with your guidance. Thanks again !! It so happens that today is the last day at office, of my highly regarded Japanese counterpart too. What a sad day :-(
IP IP Logged
photon

Quote photon Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:49pm
Dear Basant Ji,

Its really ironic that despite being one of the oldest and civilized society, we are evolving (or devolving?) like this.

I want to thank you for being the inspiration and transformation to many dreamers for last many years.

I am sure you are going to use this opportunity to create something even bigger as you have done repeatedly in the past.

Thanks,
Amit
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:51pm
Yes. In BC we just replaced fear with returns!

Originally posted by Ashrafmeer

Basantji, this is a momentous occasion, sad that such a important and historic forum had to be closed down. The cowards who disrupted this journey will face wrath in life and whatever new you build next will be even better and more successful. Hats off to you for showing everyone how to deal with such grave problems with dignity and humility.
You gave me confidence to invest so much money into the market while before even 3-4 lacs were invested with lot of fear! The journey though short has been a revelation with lot of learnings.
As people have already put it, morning tea readings or office commute readings will be missing a core ingredient.
Hope our association continues further, take a break and come back fresh and more eager!! All the best and may the Powers be with YOU!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:56pm
Lacs to crore seems to be normal at Basant's Corner. Now you have to take it to 9 digits!

Originally posted by vishu013

Hello Bansanth-ji
Many many thanks for all you have given us. Wish you all the very best.

The learning from TED and BC will always remain with us. Hope to emulate atleast 10% of what you have taught. The stupendous rise of portfolio from few lakhs to a Cr+, has been all with your guidance. Thanks again !!

It so happens that today is the last day at office, of my highly regarded Japanese counterpart too. What a sad day :-(
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vip111

Quote Vip111 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:56pm
As a passenger in the train to Kolkotta called "Basant's Express" my journey so far has been a very memorable one. The journey which started on a station called TED in 2006 has been breathtaking,an eyeopener and simply fascinating.As an investor of more than 25 years starting from Harshad Mehta times i have never come across a more magnanimous and sincere person who has made the stock market syndrome run in our blood stream.From investing in Real estate to Stocks any market where one can make large amounts of money is riddled with fraudsters and scamsters. Sir in this regard your integrity is unquestionable.As the train stops at the Station called "Basant's corner" and all of us deboard only one thought comes to mind that the "Journey is more important than the destination". Thanks a lot Basant!
IP IP Logged
Dr.chaitanya

Quote Dr.chaitanya Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:59pm
I am into stocks since 15 years but only after following basant sir I have learnt to invest in stocks.The knowledge he has imparted is unparalleled.He is a very unselfish person and one always felt him as a fatherly figure sent by God to guide us retail investors.He has thought u that it is not money which is important in life but a pure and helping heart should be the goal of everyone.It is sad that few selfish people misused his knowledge. But that's life God creates some gems like basantji and few other fools.
IP IP Logged
Ganesh70

Quote Ganesh70 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:09pm
From Ganesh70: The key takeaway from BC is the transition for the members from bewilderment at an amount of a crore of rupees to crores of rupees becoming common place for BC members. BC members converted the lacs into crore of rupees and crore into crores of rupees. BC members became very greedy. Thanks to Basant for that. Even for a person with finance background, using leverage to increase wealth was something new. Debt for creation of wealth and not for depreciating assets. Basant - you will be missed definitely, but you are also part of our lives. Most of BC family members look at Basant as part of their own family. You will be missed, but we are richer for your teachings and our learnings, though the teacher has decided to retire. Thanks & all the best to Basant and BC members.
IP IP Logged
catchsudipto

Quote catchsudipto Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:11pm
we have minted money right from Pantaloon to Page ........ .....Ha Yaar how can i forget those.. late night sleep to watch nasdaq closing price to get a sense where market will go next day so many other memories also. If i recall those it seems how foolish I was . Became super bulish on pantaloon after reading It happened in India Ha ha so many stories so many sweet memories. I even remember your first reply in Ted after checking my portfolio How did u Make it.... Ab Kia likhe wish all your wishes words come True
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version