Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Good Bye.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
RSS4245
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote RSS4245 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:34pm
[QUOTE=RSS4245]Basant ji, I have been following you for last so many years & your guidance has helped me multiplying my wealth tremendously. I would like to thank you for your regular guidance, knowledge & pearls of wisdom which you shared from time to time.

You will remain a source of inspiration for all of us & I strongly feel that you will reach new heights very soon.

Wishing you All the best for your future.

Thanks once again for everything !!Smile

FUNDOOSEARCH
IP IP Logged
sammy11
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sammy11 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:39pm
Adapting one of Basantji's own quote on Page Industries. We have seen a page (TED) grow into voluminous book (TTI and BC). Am sure there will be volume 1 and 2 and more to come. Good things dont end. They just come back better, after a pause. As with all your family members, I am also hoping our Terminator would say I'll be back :-) But understand and completely agree with your decision. Because Cutting people from your life does not mean you hate them, it simply means, you respect yourself.. And this one is for all those whose actions led to this stage. One can fight evil but against stupidity one is helpless. — Henry Miller. All the best for your future Basantji. Vinay Ambekar
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:44pm
Thank you :-)

Originally posted by yoda

I didn't know much about Warren Buffet, didn't at all know about Graham, Lynch, Munger but first Guru I saw on net in TED and I was amazed with open mouth while reading every word typed by him because I was 100% sure that stock market is Las Vegas of poor gamblers. Basantji, why I call you my Guru from very deep of my heart because you changed my perception about stocks investing upside down. You taught us to focus on few but very important jargons like ROE, business scalability and longavity etc. Now whenever I see new stock, I even don't rush to see it's price but it's market cap, then it's RoE and other few parameters. Your philosophy of investing I admire the most. All talk about 8th wonder online but I will talk about 9th wonder which my Guruji gifted to BCians - that is - "PERCENTAGE ALLOCATION OF STOCKS IN A PORTFOLIO" which leads to 'CAPITAL PROTECTION IN AUTOPILOT MODE'.
    GURUJI, YOU ARE AWESOME, ORIGINAL, SINCERE, HONEST, and so many words (my bad english, less vocabulary).
    YESS, YOU ARE RIGHT, WE ARE READY TO PAY EVEN 2 LAKHS FOR UNPARALLED QUALITY OF YOUR ADVICE AND MENTORING/TEACHING.
    ----------------
    I will never say Good Bye to you. We have great example of the dog who entered heaven with the great Pandav Udhishthir. We BCians will be with you always wherever you will be in heaven as well as in hell (as we feel now).
    This is my emotional state in front of computer screen -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlV3jJwxPKQ
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
FutureBull

Quote FutureBull Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:45pm
Basantji, can't really have words to thank for the learning we had. I always believed in my stock picking skills but allocation strategy was pathetic. I am not saying good bye since I know you will be back after sabbatical. May be this time please avoid party poopers by going for "by invitation" only :) Would be great if you could please write few articles on TED avoiding stock talk if you want to. We have learnt to read your lips :). May be some folks will realise it a decade later what we have got from you. It is best to avoid these creatures who have robbed us continued learning. Best of your luck for investing career and any potential ventures!
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.
IP IP Logged
muralimohan001

Quote muralimohan001 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:46pm
Portfolio size from 5 lacks to 2 cr I proudly say it happened because of Basant ji and I associated( member of TED and BC) with Basant ji. TED and BC did not just provide stock recommendations, these provided daily stock market lessons. My portfolio size increased from less than 5 lacks(in 2006) to 1.95 crore( with investment of 79 lacks gradually - mostly in 2012, 2013). My Portfolio size increased because of priceless guidance and teachings of Basant Ji. 22/Sep/2006 - joined TED, 18/Nov/2006 - It was less than 5 lacks (Based on my first Portfolio checkup post http://theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=601&PN=1). The TED and Basant's Corner helped me to put more money in to markets. I definitely miss daily Basant ji's classes.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:48pm
Stunning. Thank you.

Originally posted by muralimohan001

Portfolio size from 5 lacks to 2 cr

I proudly say it happened because of Basant ji and I associated( member of TED and BC) with Basant ji.

TED and BC did not just provide stock recommendations, these provided daily stock market lessons.

My portfolio size increased from less than 5 lacks(in 2006) to 1.95 crore( with investment of 79 lacks gradually - mostly in 2012, 2013). My Portfolio size increased because of priceless guidance and teachings of Basant Ji. 22/Sep/2006 - joined TED, 18/Nov/2006 - It was less than 5 lacks (Based on my first Portfolio checkup post http://theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=601&PN=1). The TED and Basant's Corner helped me to put more money in to markets. I definitely miss daily Basant ji's classes.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Ashrafmeer

Quote Ashrafmeer Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:09pm
Basantji, this is a momentous occasion, sad that such a important and historic forum had to be closed down. The cowards who disrupted this journey will face wrath in life and whatever new you build next will be even better and more successful. Hats off to you for showing everyone how to deal with such grave problems with dignity and humility.
You gave me confidence to invest so much money into the market while before even 3-4 lacs were invested with lot of fear! The journey though short has been a revelation with lot of learnings.
As people have already put it, morning tea readings or office commute readings will be missing a core ingredient.
Hope our association continues further, take a break and come back fresh and more eager!! All the best and may the Powers be with YOU!!
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 8:12pm
Eye opener for all. Especially to the fools who say that I took my subscribers for a ride by selling my shares to them.

Originally posted by Sana M

How can I put in few words or few sentences what it means to be part of BC. I am in stock market since 15 years and had lost almost my lifetime of earnings in the hands of HBJs of this world. I came across BC at retirement stage of my career and decided to give it a try. I did not follow BC recommendations and advice all the time because of my bitter experience with various equity consultants who had managed to reduce my capital to 5% of its value.

As time went on at BC, I realized that here was a gem of a person – the one and only KOHINOOR with a crystal clear honesty and integrity and intelligence whose advice could be followed towards financial freedom. I did not fear retirement as I knew there was a rock solid support at every stage. So what, if, being a Muslim lady I do not believe in taking bank interest, I was sure Basant Sir would be always be there to generate sufficient returns for me on my investment.

As BC winds up within next 24 hours, I wish for a glorious future ahead for Basant Sir. May you keep on shining bright and be able to find a way to assist many more in future towards financial freedom. Ameen.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version