Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Microcaps-When will value.be unlocked?
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Microcaps-When will value.be unlocked?
Message Icon Topic: Good Bye.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
jagbir

Online Status: Offline
Quote jagbir Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:51pm
You are the one who made me realise that wealth can be created through equity investing and showed right path for it. Would never forget your contribution towards shaping up my investing life! These ups and downs will come and go but you will remain great inspiration for me throughout my life.
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by bharti

Basantji, I still see a banner on top of this blog "Join Basant Corner"!!  I am clicking on it to join again!!!

You can join Basant now. ignore the last word!!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
RSS4245
Groupie
Groupie

Quote RSS4245 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:56pm
IP IP Logged
kapil1303

Quote kapil1303 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:01pm
My Original ID on equitydesk is Kapil1301 today re-registered as no longer using the mail I was using 7-8 years ago and for these 7-8 years the one thing i followed passionately was you Basant Sir either at the equitydesk or at the Basant Corner.
I dont think/imagine anybody who has followed you for more than 2 years can put even a point on your integrity leave alone a question of QUESTION MARK!!!!!
Sir it is not you who are losing by closing the Basant Corner but its your die hard follwers like me who are losing.
But we are understand your decision as even after doing so much for the subscribers some have made the material of Basant Corner public and also raised question on your attitude.
Just did nt know that there exists a certain kind of breed of people who pay 50k-1lac for a subscription and than made it public.
I think these kind of people need you more as they need to learn from you PROPER CAPITAL ALLOCATION no doubt they did not find Basant Corner worth it.
Since your announcement of closure of Basant Corner I have been watching your videos on You Tube - Your interview in Money Money and CNBC TV18 and reading your book.
It is really sad to see a person like you having Infectious Positivity and such a gentle attitude being dragged into all this but sir we are sure eventually you will Come out as Winner as has always been the case with you --BETS.

Will look forward to all your interviews and eagerly waiting for them as thats the only medium for us to learn from you.

Best Of Luck Sir (Although I know we will need it more without your guidance)

IP IP Logged
kapil1303

Quote kapil1303 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:03pm
Correction :   as has always been the case with your --BETS.
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:05pm
Dear Basant,
For me it was more of an institute than an advisory service. In fact, the approach was more of being capable to deal on my own rather than just find an advice and make money out of it. Still fortunately I got both!
I believe the importance of being with BC will never be known by anyone who were never there. Somehow I always had a hidden fear that if BC closes down that what? And hence though I may have hardly raised few queries there, my learning was more of what goes in your mind when you deal with the question from your member. And I noticed how you give customized different advice to each one of them considering their background, risk appetite, temperament and so on.
The biggest benefit if I summarize, they are:
1.     Think as a portfolio and never as a single stock. Also understand interdependence of stocks within the portfolio.
2.     Work on my own conviction and not on borrowed conviction of any one including advisor
3.     Bet heavily when I have got my own conviction. If betting on a specific stock is not good enough to move the needle considerably, efforts are not worth.
4.     Keep adding the winners at every point of time as and when a value is seen in them.
5.     Good and Cheap generally do not go together and therefore be ready to pay the fair price. And do not off load the Goat from my shoulder even if every one shouts that being a dog, as far as I have conviction (based on my study and data) that it is a Goat.
6.     And Last is Dare to Dream and be the reason of Dream for Many, by helping them to move on the path of Financial Freedom.

Thanks for all we could achieve together with entire BC Team. No regret for, terminating the journey as far as I enjoyed the journey well throughout the period I got engaged.

All The Best to You and All The Co-Members who helped to enhance my wisdom.
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
catchsudipto@gm

Quote catchsudipto@gm Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:05pm
Not able to retrieve my old passwd for last 9+ years so decided to open a new one. What to say never thought a month before that i have to see this day or read your Goodbye message from you. All those happen in a few days. Cant even that what will i do from Wednesday's evening. After office i user to glue to BC like a Gluestick. Leave apart my Wife even my 10 years old son used make fun of me as he used to say OH NO BC AGAIN whenever he user to see BC in my Laptops screen. He used to say "Basant Guruji Ghan"....... In my 44+ years of life, a few good things happened in my life and i rank TED & BC within TOP 5.  I am still not out of the shock that TED & BC is closing.  
I Congratulate all my fellow ted & BC members for this wonderful platform, without  their help TED & BC could have never reached this height. WISH you all the very best in life.
IP IP Logged
smart_prof

Quote smart_prof Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:16pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version