Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
Message Icon Topic: Good Bye.. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 23 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: Good Bye..
    Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 5:39pm
Dear Friends,

The events of the last few weeks leaves me in a state of discomfort. The mindless mudslinging by a few hiding behind the burkha of internet pseudo names - with a motive that is as elusive as their real identity has left a bad taste. I am surprised as to why most people would rather bring somebody down than try and stand up to his height.

Maybe this is a way of life which I am getting used to.

Added to this was the selective leaking of research write ups and all other information that I used to share on this platform. In fact people created What's Up groups where sharing of copyrighted material had become a norm. One person had conveniently put my research report on a Facebook group with over 2000 members. All this has been a pain to deal with. I have the names and voice samples of the culprits here but have resisted in going ahead as they are young professionals with a few decades of work life left ahead of them.

In my nine years of online activity I have never backed away from an argument. But those arguments had always been with people whom you knew existed. And not with people who just had a mischievous intent where one person created half a dozen identities and kept posting across the web. I refuse to be drawn into a fight where my opponents identity and existence remains hidden from the real world.

I am willing to argue with anyone on anything - anytime. But the person should first lift his veil and reveal his identity. As I always say internet blog sites are a funny place. It is an arena where people who buy 50 shares scream the loudest while the ones who buy 5000 don't write they just read.

I have always believed that people will value integrity, over intelligence and intelligence over wealth. I have played the game fairly for all the past nine years and need no proof from anonymous onlookers to prove the same. My subscribers most of whom I have known for almost a decade continue to back me on this with full might and strength.

It is true that Basant's Corner was creating ripples. Who likes to see people learn and earn - both at the same time? Business strategy suggests that clients should be educated only up to a point and not beyond it. But I went ahead as my subscribers were not clients to me - they were a part of my extended family.

I have had requests from people as far as Australia & America and as near as Dubai that they are willing to fly down on 24 hours notice to any place that I suggest to vouch for my credibility. My inbox is full with hundreds of mails of appreciation and accolades. Thank you all for your help and support. I wish I could have reciprocated the same by being with you for ever.

People come to the market to make thousands. At Basant's Corner we made crores. It was a collective effort where people postponed buying off houses; cars and jewelry as they embarked on a journey to financial freedom through stock market investing.

Most of them have succeeded and the others are well on path to it. Maybe this worries the onlookers.

It isn't easy to create reputation in the online world. The reputation and support that I have created is easily the subject matter of envy for many. It has disrupted thought processes all across. Moreover, it has encouraged people to be smarter in their financial dealings making them better managers of their own money. Maybe this also hurts. Who knows?

No one becomes rich by envying others; no one grows in life by feeling jealous. Being envious and jealous doesn't help one to swallow someone else's gain with a little less pain either. In all it just increases the suffering. But that is not my problem as I have always tried to learn and excel rather than abuse and insult.

Then there is this talk of me blocking off people on Twitter. This is true. If you have an intelligent discussion to make I welcome you with open arms but if you just have an axe to grind - my doors shall remain closed for you. I do not engage in needless accusations and unnecessary fights so the best thing to do is to raise the boundary wall of my house.

Guys, we talk of our 5,000 year old culture; we talk of India becoming an economic superpower can we do that if we keep engaging in mindless mudslinging? Had I been a thick skinned hippopotamus engaged in cutting corners I would have continued to run Basant's Corner instead of closing it. Someone told me that politicians get insulted all the time but still do their job. My answer was 'Maybe that is why I'm not in politics'.

No one closes down a business which is in its prime. I could have doubled subscription rates and kept back 80% of my subscribers but making money wasn't as important as sleeping well at night. I never took this job as a business or else I would never have closed it.

All this talk of me closing this out of fear is as bizarre as the other allegations. At an oportune time I might show as to why I have got nothing to fear about. But I am unwilling to open my defence in front of all and sundry.

My members have been under my skin to ignore this even as my phone rings continuously. But once a decision has been made we can't go back.

My final message for my friends who are so near and dear to me remains the same:

'Dare To Dream with Stocks
                            &
                  Invest without fear'

I wish you all the very best in the times to come and my sincere apologies again for leaving you midway like this.

Maybe life has a bigger role for me. Will surely come back to you then.

I look forward for your support and well wishes.

Yours Truly,

Basant Maheshwari

Edited by basant - 29/Jun/2015 at 5:45pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
shri1074
Groupie
Groupie

Quote shri1074 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 5:50pm
I was fortunate to meet you on TED and BC. It has certainly channelised my thoughts on becoming a good investor. Thanks a ton for your guidance.

Earth is round so hope to meet you again.
IP IP Logged
pawankhatri

Quote pawankhatri Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 5:59pm
I joined BC when I was in heavy losses and recouped all of it and even made some money but more importantly, learnt and realised the mistakes I was making. The dream to achieve financial independence through stock market investing is something I got from you. And as long as one has dreams, one lives in hope and what greater gift can a teacher give to anyone than hope. Thank you very much Sir! Looking forward to join you in your next stock market journey.
IP IP Logged
bharti

Quote bharti Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:01pm
Thank you Basantji for all you have given us!  You really gave and instilled confidence of daring to dream and investing without fear - as a result of which I became financially independent by investing only in equity and nothing else.  It has been an outstanding journey for last 8-9 years of association with you. You INTEGRITY and QUALITY of Advice is unparalleled. Thank you for making us part of the extended family! I hope you will soon be there for us in some other form!  You are doing a right thing by ignoring the miscreants and cheaters, no need to waste time on them.  All the best!
IP IP Logged
bharti

Quote bharti Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:03pm
Basantji, I still see a banner on top of this blog "Join Basant Corner"!!  I am clicking on it to join again!!!
IP IP Logged
ramsey123
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ramsey123 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:05pm
Basant, maybe we can take this forum back to the good old days where everyone discussed and chimed in as a community? If BC ends, it could mean the revival of TED.
IP IP Logged
baba

Quote baba Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:08pm
Thnaks a ton for whatever u have done ... will miss u ...
A monthly investment of Rs 500 (Rs 17 per day) for 30 years @21%CAGR can create a wealth of Rs 1.5 crores. !!!
IP IP Logged
bagdi

Quote bagdi Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 6:09pm
TED was a part of my daily life and routine and used to love the one liners, quotes replied by you. Now you saying Good bye to us is not so easy to digest but as It is said Life has to go on and never do things that you aren't comfortable.

I respect your decision and also
Wish you all the Very Best for all the ventures in the future.

I am sure your Intense Research, Continued up gradation of knowledge and date in stocks that you advise will take you to new and greater heights.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version