Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Words of Wisdom
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Words of Wisdom
Message Icon Topic: Super Duper Response for the Thoughtful Investor Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: Super Duper Response for the Thoughtful Investor
    Posted: 28/Apr/2014 at 5:14pm
Dear Friends, 

I am happy to share with you the stupendous response for the 'The Thoughtful Investor' within the first two weeks of launch. The book continues to get buyers not just from India but also from Indians living abroad and in a few cases even foreigners abroad especially the ones who are willing to invest into Indian equities.

These initial readers have till now rated the book very highly for the content and also for the way in which the book connects with the Indian investors in terms of the India centric examples that it carries - something which wasn't done before.

Many of our initial readers have also reviewed and rated the book in very positive terms not just on our website (www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in) but also on other social networking platforms like twitter, facebook Goodreads etc. 

These accolades just keep pouring in.  Prominent among the people who have reviewed the book is Samir Arora the fund manager at Helios Capital, Singapore. Samir is an old hand at Indian equities first as a domestic mutual fund manager and then as a FII.

This is what Samir Arora had to say on The Thoughtful Investor:

“Read "The Thoughtful Investor" over the past week. Basant Maheshwari has poured his heart into the book and takes you on his complete investment journey. The book works at different levels and is a great introduction for people new to the markets. For others like us who are more into the markets already, it is a great reminder of what works and what does not.

I could relate to the book even more for not only I owned some of the winners discussed but also the dud talked about most often in the book. All in all a great read which works better than most due to the visible passion of the author and the many live Indian examples.

Four and a half stars.”

You can also read all the reviews on this link:

http://www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in/reviews.php

These positive testimonials from the investing community have left me overwhelmed but the real satisfaction will come when we can get some of our young readers into the journey of financial freedom - through stock market investing.  

Meanwhile, the Indian Association of Indian Professionals a member society of the CFA Institute (U.S) has invited me for a book reading event on ‘The Thoughtful Investor – A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock market Investing’.  I intend to follow this up with a talk on the present state of the equity markets. The session has been titled as:  "Equity Markets - Present & The Road Ahead"

This event slated for the 3rd May 14 at Kolkata. Details of which can be obtained from this link:

http://em.explara.com/event/iaipkolkataspeakerevent3rdmay2014

With best wishes

Basant Maheshwari

www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

www.theequitydesk.com/basantscorner/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ThoughtfulInvestor

Twitter : @BMTheEquityDesk

Edited by basant - 28/Apr/2014 at 5:34pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
shivkumar

Quote shivkumar Replybullet Posted: 28/Apr/2014 at 5:46pm
Congrats Basant. I notice the media has not looked at the book yet. I thought at least the Calcutta press would have taken notice.  I think you will have to send out copies to the book editors for the review pages. The Tribune has two pages for book reviews in its Sunday edition. Business India also does a good book review. The man in charge of their books section is Rafique Baghdadi.
Contact him on:  [email protected]
IP IP Logged
shivkumar

Quote shivkumar Replybullet Posted: 28/Apr/2014 at 5:48pm
you could also contact Rafique on:

[email protected]

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Apr/2014 at 7:17pm
Thank you Shiv.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Kuber
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Kuber Replybullet Posted: 28/Apr/2014 at 12:05pm
Congratulations!
IP IP Logged
sumitraepic

Quote sumitraepic Replybullet Posted: 15/Apr/2016 at 4:03pm
Epic Research is also best investment advisor who recommends informative investment ideas. I appreciate your way of representation and the knowledge which is shared by you.  
IP IP Logged
Nichola1374i

Quote Nichola1374i Replybullet Posted: 18/Apr/2016 at 5:35pm
midsole and the wings midfoot strap.
   and now we see that the shoe might return to its original form this year.
When initial pictures of the “USA” and “V-8″ colorways released,
Find the Nike KD 8 “Hunt’s Hill Sunrise” at your favorite Nike retailers tomorrow for $180. Vivid Purple and Bright Crimson accents finish off this KD 8 that looks like something that “The Joker” from Batman would wear. the Nike KD 8 “Suit” features a Purple upper with Green Strike detailing on the Swoosh,” This rich colorway can totally be seen as a Cavaliers-inspired hue but with an “energized” look A clear outsole is present,Nike Cortez Nylon Women, laces, Black can be seen on the midsole,
Look for the Nike KD 8 “Suit” to arrive at select Nike retailers beginning on August 14th for $180.
   The “Uprising” graphic joins the likes of the already existing “Easy Money” pattern that is also a fan favorite,Nike Cortez Leather Women. we’re finally seeing new images,Nike Roshe Run Mid Mens. We can't wait to see what Levine's got lined up for next year.
Is the Nike LeBron 12 “What If” on you must-cop list this weekend?

IP IP Logged
farhanepic
Groupie
Groupie

Quote farhanepic Replybullet Posted: 18/Apr/2016 at 6:32pm
Epic Research market updates : Asia markets dropped as oil tumbled after a summit of top oil producers in Doha failed to reach an agreement to freeze production and Japan shares took a hit from large earthquakes. Oil prices tumbled more than 5 percent in Asian hours, with U.S. crude futures down 5.65 percent at USD 38.08, while global benchmark Brent fell 5.13 percent at USD 40.89 as of 8:36 a.m. HK/SIN time.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version