Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Management Interactions, Company and AGM Visits
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Management Interactions, Company and AGM Visits
Message Icon Topic: "The Thoughtful Investor" by Basant Maheshwari Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 15 Next >>
norvinm

Online Status: Offline
Quote norvinm Replybullet Posted: 21/Jan/2014 at 7:49pm
Dear Basantji,
This seems to be a pretty comprehensive book on value investing. The initial topics seemed similar to Warren Buffet's book but the later topics indicate a deeper coverage into investing. I am eagerly awaiting the book.

1. Have you included any determinant for identifying the price at which the targeted share is to be bought?
2. Also are there any technical indicators provided so that an investor does not make a notional loss in the short term as this may discourage him from holding the share?
3. Any F&O strategies covered to maximize returns?

Best wishes,
IP IP Logged
gaurav12123

Quote gaurav12123 Replybullet Posted: 21/Jan/2014 at 8:15pm
Congratulations and Best Wishes !
When I Trade i Try To Earn Infinity.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 22/Jan/2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by norvinm

Dear Basantji,
This seems to be a pretty comprehensive book on value investing. The initial topics seemed similar to Warren Buffet's book but the later topics indicate a deeper coverage into investing. I am eagerly awaiting the book.

1. Have you included any determinant for identifying the price at which the targeted share is to be bought?
2. Also are there any technical indicators provided so that an investor does not make a notional loss in the short term as this may discourage him from holding the share?
3. Any F&O strategies covered to maximize returns?

Best wishes,

1. Nothing that is formula driven in a watertight classification.
2. Notional short term losses are part of the game and I have dealt with it elaborately in the chapter on Pain of losing.
3. Nothing on derivatives has been put in here.

Originally posted by fragile

Dear Basant Sir,Great News. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge. Obviously this will be a classic. As far as India goes, isn't this a first of its kind? Many talk about the market give out articles et all, but writing a book, an India specific book on it when so many experts around haven't done so, needs tremendous self confidence to begin with. Truly proud to have had the opportunity to know you. One suggestion though:Given the target audience, I'd assume that most stock market investors (or atleast the ones that read books) probably are pretty good with computer usage. Given that ebooks allow easy search/indexing/highlighting... it becomes the naturally preffered platform. I just sort of feel adoption there will be higher.(Besides you will also benefit through statistics collectable like: most  highlighted passage, most book marked pages et all. Can give you good insight into reader interest. Errata's will be easier to publish too).Just can't wait for your ebook version.

Thank you, I agree.

Originally posted by bandlab1

even after the book, basant sir, i am assuming you will continue to share your wisdom with us.

Why not? The more I discuss the more I learn.

Originally posted by podaraditya

Congratulations ! The book will be extremely successful !

You are Basant, Buffett, Lynch & Livermore all rolled into one awesome package ! It is indeed an honour to learn from someone so passionate about equities. It is also a privilege to have known & learnt from you in such times of uncertainties.

You are almost like a stock that i dont want to tell anyone about ha ha...

Wishing you the best of luck always !

Thank you, it feels really nice to hear such kind and generous words.

Originally posted by Hrishi

Congrats Basant Sir.

It is also amazing to see so many members back on forum and excited.

Hope once the book is out, we will have a new start on forum; the discussion around book and it's content and investing reach the levels we witnessed once on the forum.

Its nostalgic isn't it? I do hope so as well.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
ashokpatil
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ashokpatil Replybullet Posted: 23/Jan/2014 at 7:12pm
congrats basantji,there was need of indian auther to write on stock investments regarding indian companies.all indian books are too prelimnary and we do not know investment history(returns) of so called analist or experts on T Vchannels.in your case most of us know you had outstanding investment history. thats the differance in peter lynch, or philip fisher writing books and other american so called experts writing. best wishes.
IP IP Logged
vinvestor2010

Quote vinvestor2010 Replybullet Posted: 23/Jan/2014 at 8:20pm
Basantji congrats and I would like to just state the following
-Firstly can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Please let us know when it hits the market.
-In addition this book will be a tremendous gift in Diwali etc.. for friends..
-Also this should be made required reading for new MBA and CA types as it will be unique for Indian market..
Finally I would like to suggest a sequel to Thoughtful Investor in true Bollywood style .
Thoughtful Investor 2.0 should be a book that contain some of the gems in the forum posts on Equity Desk from yourself and other leading investors
Cheers and Great Going
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 24/Jan/2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by vinvestor2010

Basantji congrats and I would like to just state the following
-Firstly can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Please let us know when it hits the market.
-In addition this book will be a tremendous gift in Diwali etc.. for friends..
-Also this should be made required reading for new MBA and CA types as it will be unique for Indian market..
Finally I would like to suggest a sequel to Thoughtful Investor in true Bollywood style .
Thoughtful Investor 2.0 should be a book that contain some of the gems in the forum posts on Equity Desk from yourself and other leading investors
Cheers and Great Going

Thank you. Firstly its a great feeling to be interacting back on TED with so many old timers. Looks like a school re-union!

Originally posted by ashokpatil

congrats basantji,there was need of indian auther to write on stock
investments regarding indian companies.all indian books are too
prelimnary and we do not know investment history(returns) of so
called analist or experts on T Vchannels.in your case most of us
know you had outstanding investment history. thats the differance in peter lynch, or philip fisher writing books and other american so called experts writing.
best wishes.

Its nice to get that kind of a feedback. I have tried to make the content totally in sync with the market than with the theory.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
zulfi

Quote zulfi Replybullet Posted: 24/Jan/2014 at 10:39am
sirji what will be process of getting the book through TED
U CAN WIN A HORSE RACE BUT U CANNOT WIN RACES
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Jan/2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by zulfi

sirji what will be process of getting the book through TED

We will set up a section where users can see/write reviews and also order the book by making an online transfer or depositing cash or cheque. The book will be dispatched by courier both in India and outside in a couple of days of order placement.

I intend to add excerpts from the book on that section and also see how we can discuss the various arguments so that any doubt to the user can be cleared by me - online.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 15 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version