Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Basant's Top Ten returns 42.6% in eleven months Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 05/Nov/2012 at 11:16pm
Thank you TCSer ji and RaviTeja02 for explaining, the return is a simple average of Top Ten Stocks the Top 5 has done almost as well.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
bandlab1
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bandlab1 Replybullet Posted: 05/Nov/2012 at 7:45am
thanks everyone for patiently answering the queries. this is a great place to be in and i appreciate all the help from members and basant-ji
IP IP Logged
bandlab1
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bandlab1 Replybullet Posted: 08/Nov/2012 at 8:18pm
finally i joined the BC today

what a great place !! so much info. i wll start building my PF now
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 08/Nov/2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by bandlab1

finally i joined the BC today
what a great place !! so much info. i wll start building my PF now

Thank you.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
learn2earn

Quote learn2earn Replybullet Posted: 30/Nov/2012 at 3:59pm
would like to know how much money one should have in kitty to take full advantage of Basantji's talent by joining BC ?I think just paying the joining fees and failing to act on his advise is a bigger loss than not joining at all..Pls advise.
INVESTING - EMOTION = SUCCESS
IP IP Logged
debapriyag

Quote debapriyag Replybullet Posted: 30/Nov/2012 at 4:29pm
Hi 'learn2earn', I was even looking for the answer to the same question. But I was a little disappointed in not finding a straight answer to it, or an answer that would be somewhat quantitative. But, I guess there is no straight answer to it.
[Ref: http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3460&FID=1&PR=3&PN=24 ]
And unfortunately, my investment capability doesn't seem to make the cut. I have a small capacity of 1 lakh in the   beginning to 1.5 lakh in the next one year.
I was advised by Basantji himself to start investing in MFs first.
I am on the "waiting bench" trying to gather enough funds to get in the game. Obviously, if there was a more concrete target, it would have been easier for me.
However, I respect Basantji for not blatantly suggesting to buy the subscription as it might not be suitable for me.
IP IP Logged
koolvalue

Quote koolvalue Replybullet Posted: 30/Nov/2012 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by learn2earn

would like to know how much money one should have in kitty to take full advantage of Basantji's talent by joining BC ?I think just paying the joining fees and failing to act on his advise is a bigger loss than not joining at all..Pls advise.

Just to give you some parallel example. Genarally good advisery services offered for equity charge upto 2% of the portfolio.But here portfolio cut off is 25 to 50 lakh hence
small retail investors cannot afford them. Also there returns are not as superior as Basant Corner.

Going by the thumb rule if one has a portfoilio less than 5 lakh he can opt for basic package and if it is more than that one can opt for higher package.

Now again I must tell you that for a winning pick no amount is small and a loosing pick no amount is big.Hence
regardless of your portfolio size opt for atleast basic package and try and learn investing ways of Basant Sir.
Do not bother about money ultimately it will chase you if
the learnig is right.
IP IP Logged
Kautilya

Quote Kautilya Replybullet Posted: 30/Nov/2012 at 6:01pm
Tend to agree with koolvalue. I could also put in a assumption (with the right to go wrong) that your portfolio would grow by 30% in the next year and consider the forward value of your portfolio while choosing the subscription fee.
My indecision is final.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version