Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Management Interactions, Company and AGM Visits
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Management Interactions, Company and AGM Visits
Message Icon Topic: Basant's Top Ten returns 42.6% in eleven months Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 02/Oct/2012 at 11:58pm
The Top ten will change depending on opportunities and relative valuations clearly these stocks are not meant to move up only 42.6% in life some have moved up several times before and a few will keep moving several times from here on and a few will be moved out of Top Ten at the first signs of serious trouble and replaced by more promising opportunities. I think 80%+ subscribers are salaried people who get monthly cash flow and they do their allocations depending on the relative valuation levels of stocks if you are in Gold365 you can put in questions on where to buy the moment you get a credit and I take attempts through educated guesswork.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
fragile
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fragile Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2012 at 5:17pm
Dear Sir,

My question is probably related to the prior one but probably more specific in nature.

Since the Top 10 portfolio is already up and One's returns largely depends on entry price. If I were to decide to mimic the portfolio, at the moment some of it may be over priced/some under. To make it easier for people opting in for the Basic 365:

1. Does the top 10 list come tagged with a "limit buy price" or graded as currently UnderValued/overvalued etc... so that when one signs up one can immediately begin building the portfolio?

2. How frequently is the Current Buy list reviewed?

3. Do you also have a sell list or say a sorting of stocks based on "sell if you must"

I read the FAQ and there was question about exit/profit booking (Q #5), is the opinion notice that is put up available only for Gold365 or does it apply also to basic365?

Many Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DHIRAJKANT

Quote DHIRAJKANT Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2012 at 5:33pm
basant ji,
i have made money with 'BASANT'S CORNER'....thanks a lot.
i have made portfolio with BASANT'S TOP TEN.
can i invest in ur UNIVERSE 4 long-term ?
pls, u select a few stocks from RAJIV GHANDHI TAX SAVINGS
4 INCOME TAX REBATE.
Regards
dhiraj kant
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2012 at 9:44pm
FRAGILE: You have been on TED since 2008 so maybe you could have put these questions when BC started last year anyway here are the answers (in BLOCKS):

1. Does the top 10 list come tagged with a "limit buy price" or graded as currently UnderValued/overvalued etc... so that when one signs up one can immediately begin building the portfolio? THERE IS NO PRICE RANGE BUT RECOMMENDATIONS ARE BASED ON ABSOLUTE PRICE LEVELS DEPENDING ON PRICE MOVEMENTS THE STOCKS ARE GRADED AS BUY, ACCUMULATE, HOLD, REDUCE AND SELL.

2. How frequently is the Current Buy list reviewed? ALMOST EVERY TIE THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT PRICE MOVEMENT UP/DOWN. THIS IS BASED ON PRICE MVES AND NOT ON TIME LIMITS SO IN ONE WEEK WE CAN HAVE TWO CHANGES AND NO CHANGE FOR TWO MONTHS ALSO.

3. Do you also have a sell list or say a sorting of stocks based on "sell if you must" NO THERE ARE NO SELL LISTS FOR STOCKS OUTSIDE THE UNIVERSE.

I read the FAQ and there was question about exit/profit booking (Q #5), is the opinion notice that is put up available only for Gold365 or does it apply also to basic365? THE STOCK COMMENT WITH RECOMMENDATION IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2012 at 12:10pm
Hearty Congratulations Basant Sir for the mindblowing performance.
IP IP Logged
raviteja02
Groupie
Groupie

Quote raviteja02 Replybullet Posted: 08/Oct/2012 at 10:14pm
More than anything else, in life you need the 'guidance' of a disciplined individual in the most important aspects of your life viz., Health, Wealth, thought process, 'living' life. One such person is Mr. Basant. As rightly said in the Bible, “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime". This is exactly what you learn from Basant's Corner. The art of investing and the subtle intricacies involved in that process. Remember that, more than the goal itself, it is the process of achieving the goal that enriches your life!

Now, coming to the most important aspect, the attitude of a person determines how long a relationship can be sustained, be it between husband-wife, mentor-mentoree. Mr. Basant is very down to earth and responds to each and every question politely instead of providing "template" answers no matter how many times the same question has been asked by other investors time and again. He probes for further information to understand the investor's circumstances better and then suggests customized answer. This personalized touch differentiates him from the other "me too" portfolio websites. He weeds out the potential non-performers in your existing portfolio and fine tunes it for future proof money generating ideas. He generally goes beyond his call of duty in answering ones questions.

Apart from choosing my wife, buying my first home with my hard earned money, fathering my kid, joining Basant's Corner Gold membership is one of the best decisions that I have ever made financially. It is a treasure trove with lots of information, reading through the Q&A section provides you great insight into the process and educated guesstimates that has gone in in suggesting the potential multibaggers and the holding conviction that one must posses in becoming a successful wealth accumulator.

Here's wishing many long years of wealth generation for Teddies and BC members. All the very best Mr. Basant.

This is entirely my personal opinion based on my sane judgement, my sole discretion and observation and this has not been written with a gun at a point blank range on me, not written when I'm drunk :-)! Don't misconstrue my admiration for anything else.
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 08/Oct/2012 at 2:05am
Very well written post. Second that.
Thanks Basant Sir for providing real life guidance.

Warm Regards,
Subrata
IP IP Logged
jagbir

Quote jagbir Replybullet Posted: 08/Oct/2012 at 10:02am
Dear raviteja02, Thanks for converting the feelings of being part of Basant's Corner in words.

Well Done Basantji, Keep rocking!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version