Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
Message Icon Topic: We have a Government but no governance? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
nannu_68

Online Status: Offline
Quote nannu_68 Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by ungboysj1

FSB will be a great thing for everyone if implemented well.

Have you come across even a SINGLE scheme which has been implemented well in India?? It is most likely to end up as another scheme for transferring tax payers money into personnel accounts!! Sad indeed but true Unhappy
nannu
IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 8:20pm
ungboysj1, It seems you don't understand simple economics. You want to increase tax, then investors will vote with their feet. Even Indian businessmen are loath to put projects here. In that case there is no employment and and no tax at all, forget about increased tax. where do you think Govt. will get money for these utopian schemes? Why do you think Greece is in trouble? And once ppl have habit of getting free stuff and then there is no free stuff we have problem. Let me give one example. In Ethopia, People are getting free food since years and so farmers went out of business. Not only that new generation doesn't know how to grow food!!! So true consequences of this schems are know after years. And then it is too late!! Ask ppl in Greece if they are happy! Rather use money to create opportunities so people can work and buy their food and keep their head high.
IP IP Logged
Kautilya

Quote Kautilya Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by manishdave

In Ethopia, People are getting free food since years and so farmers went out of business. Not only that new generation doesn't know how to grow food!!!

I agree. Relying on such habitual aid of others (it could be our own government or it could be developed countries giving aid to underdeveloped countries) can cause more harm in the long term.
My indecision is final.
IP IP Logged
TCSer

Quote TCSer Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by nannu_68

Originally posted by ungboysj1

FSB will be a great thing for everyone if implemented well.

Have you come across even a SINGLE scheme which has been implemented well in India?? It is most likely to end up as another scheme for transferring tax payers money into personnel accounts!! Sad indeed but true Unhappy

Ungsboy ur staying in a fools paradise.Wake up.
Every Indian shud realise that for every 12 days in a month they work for GOI so they shud be worried about how their money is being spent by GOI.
Share market is nothing but a game of temperament. Success mantra Right Price,Right Business,Patience, Conviction .Do not do panic buying or selling.It may be the only profession where inactivity pays
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 10:09pm
A lot of poor farmers were indeed dieing of hunger. Hopefully this move will atleast solve that problem.

I guess no one has an issue with the concept of the poor getting work/food what have you even if it means higher taxes. The problem is we know most of it will be on paper.

Hopefully we'd have got rid of hunger deaths forever with this measure.
IP IP Logged
ungboysj1

Quote ungboysj1 Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 10:10pm
Mr. Manish , i won't comment on my knowledge of economics , but you have to believe that all politicians of this country and members of NAC aren't dumb , that they are all agreeing in introducing this bill,infact most are highly experienced , qualified & intellectuals There are people dying of hunger and that need to be addressed , we don't need a gdp growth of 10%+ & Sensex at 40000 and people dying of hunger , a growth which isn't inclusive & spread is useless A keyboard warrior like u and me feel we know everything and all politicians running this mammoth country are dumb & corrupt but weak always feel the same about the strong You may close your eyes to poor people around you but those running this country have to think of everyone . They have as much right over resources of this country as you and me have . Why should not they get food for small price if u and me are busy looting the resources of this country as if they belong to us only Although i am thankful for god for what i have , i don't have a iota of confusion that whatever i have is because i was lucky to be born in a capable family and if was born in a very poor family i would most likely be living a miserable life fighting for every meal Do you really think that anyone typing some keyboard button in a.c office producing a luxury item/service deserves better income than say a farmer working in hard conditions producing something essential for human survival i.e food This world is very complicated and no one opinion is 100% correct , whatever u may think or say there is always a other side .
IP IP Logged
ungboysj1

Quote ungboysj1 Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 10:16pm
Mr. Manish , i won't comment on my knowledge of economics , but you have to believe that all politicians of this country and members of NAC aren't dumb , that they are all agreeing in introducing this bill,infact most are highly experienced , qualified & intellectuals

There are people dying of hunger and that need to be addressed , we don't need a gdp growth of 10%+ & Sensex at 40000 and people dying of hunger , a growth which isn't inclusive & spread is useless A keyboard warrior like u and me feel we know everything and all politicians running this mammoth country are dumb & corrupt but weak always feel the same about the strong

You may close your eyes to poor people around you but those running this country have to think of everyone . The poor have as much right over resources of this country as you and me have . Why should not they get food for small price if u and me are busy looting the resources of this country as if they belong to us only

Although i am thankful for god for what i have , i don't have a iota of confusion that whatever i have is because i was lucky to be born in a capable family and if was born in a very poor family i would most likely be living a miserable life fighting for every meal

Do you really think that anyone typing some keyboard button in a.c office producing a luxury item/service deserves better income than say a farmer working in hard conditions producing something essential for human survival i.e food
This world is very complicated and no one opinion is 100% correct , whatever u may think or say there is always a other side .
IP IP Logged
FutureBull

Quote FutureBull Replybullet Posted: 19/Dec/2011 at 8:17am
ungboys1, I do not agree that giving poor the food is the only way of eradicating it. I have traveled to Africa once and I talked to couple of biz men there and the biggest complaint was "people here are very complacent and mediocre". Folks in general in Africa do not strive to work hard because they do not have ambition. We are actually bringing that kind of mentality here. Poor people in rural/urban India have lots of opportunity to earn and feed themselves. NREGA was more than enough as one has to work to earn his/her meal. If you give meals easily it takes away motivation to do better and society in general becomes worse off.
We do not need to be embarrassed for our well being. This is how capitalism works. FSB is nothing but distribution of poverty to everyone not the eradication. We as common people will pay by higher taxes and inflation but would get nothing in return.
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version