Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Trading Psychology
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Trading Psychology
Message Icon Topic: Basants Corner - Finally Here! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by bharti

Hi Basantji,

If a session to the site is Inactive for some period of time, will it automatically logout? If not, it should logout  -  say after 1 hour of Inactivity( may be configurable by end user).

How this will help me is I login from office during office hours and when at home I login from home. Say I forget to logout when leaving for office from home, after one hour  if it automatically logs out, it will not require the account to be supended and write an email to you to unlock it.  Just a thought to save your time. 

OR are there any other suggestions to take care of such a thing which will happen daily with me(Monday to Friday).

Regards,

Vishal

Ok I understand but that was done to prevent people from sharing user ids and P/w though that cannot be automatically stopped.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
bharti

Quote bharti Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:25pm

I understand the mis-usage part, I will try to remember to logout.  If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Further, Logging out an Inactive session can still be useful from the website performance point of view.

Also, although I don't think we have such low integrity people on TED, but still we may dis-allow copy/paste from this site......

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:34pm
Dear Friends,

Basants Corner is finally here

We will start in a couple of hours today. Please note that you will be charged for your payment for 365 days of usage so even if you have paid on Saturday you will be debited today. if one section is not starting today but in 3 more days then this wil be chaged not from today but from when it actually starts for you.

One sincere request is not to bid up the prices tomorrow morning. that way you guys will only chase each other. markets are uncertain. if some stock opens abnormally higher tomorrow think twice before buying it.

Over a period time our stock picks will get diluted and leaked and that will only be bad for us because it will not hjelp us put in incremental money for work. It is in our interest that the stocks listed here are not discussed on google groups and chats. that way it will enable us to buy more.

Some of the stocks that I wil be introducing over the next few days are small caps which have potential to become large caps at least that is the hope!

I will try and inform all Gold members whose payments I have received and accounts activated tomorrow before markets open by email as to where intend to invest with the subscription money. Just give me some time I have been really busy and never worked like this for years!

Good luck to you all! Let us make this a very profitable venture for each of us.

Regards,

Basant Maheshwari

Edited by basant - 01/Nov/2011 at 6:39pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
arthashastra

Quote arthashastra Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by basant

I will try and inform all Gold members whose payments I have received and accounts activated tomorrow before markets open by email as to where intend to invest with the subscription money. Just give me some time I have been really busy and never worked like this for years!

You are peter lynch in making.
I guess you have bigger plans than just to have recom service.
Best of luck for that.
IP IP Logged
arthashastra

Quote arthashastra Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by basant

One sincere request is not to bid up the prices tomorrow morning. that way you guys will only chase each other. markets are uncertain. if some stock opens abnormally higher tomorrow think twice before buying it.

Moneys are made not just by buying great companies but also by buying them cheap.
For example, people made more money in Gitanjali than Titan from march 2009 low
IP IP Logged
shivkumar

Quote shivkumar Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 6:54pm
registration is done but I could not complete the process as site was not accepting credit card. now i have been locked out.
IP IP Logged
Jaishrikrishna

Quote Jaishrikrishna Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 7:02pm
For every new beginning we worship lord GANESH, So here i post on behalf of all TEDDIES

GANAPATI BAPPA MORYA

Don't Buy and Hold, Buy and Homework / Fish see the bait,but not the hook; Men see the profit, but not the peril.
IP IP Logged
vidurchhabra
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vidurchhabra Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2011 at 7:10pm
Congrats Basantji, really excited to invest along with you and follow your path.
I tried to make the payment this afternoon online but somehow the direct bank debit option was not working with me.
I will do a interbank transfer tomorrow, once it is done should I refer to my failed transaction ID (no. 76), as it has all my login and contact details?

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version