Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Microcaps-When will value.be unlocked?
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Microcaps-When will value.be unlocked?
Message Icon Topic: Basant's Corner - Coming Soon Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 35 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: Basant's Corner - Coming Soon
    Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 1:40pm

Over the next couple of weeks TheEquityDesk will have a new segment titled “Basant’s Corner”.  This will be a premium “subscription” segment and will function independently to the Forum.  In other words the Forum will continue to operate as before whereas this premium stock advisory service can be accessed on payment of a specified charge.

While the Discussion Forum is a storehouse of information on close to 500 companies “Basant’s Corner” will have a sub segmental classification of the companies that I consider worthy from an investment point of view. It will have explicit buy and sell opinion on various companies with logic and reasoning from the way I see it. Most of these stocks will also have targets based on CAGR in earnings and valuation calls and even though those targets are long term in nature I will try and re-visit the thesis on any material change impacting the company’s operations. In this connection we have to understand that looking at the future is a part of an educated guesswork and comes with its own drawbacks.

What do you get in this package?  “Basant’s Corner” will essentially comprise of:

1. a) Basant’s Top Ten

b) Basant’s Universe

c) Current Buy list from (a) and (b) above

d) Market updates 

2) Ask Basant

Here (1) with its four segments will comprise one subscription package whereas  (2) “Ask Basant” will function as a supplementary add on package which one can sign up at the time of registration.

Basant’s Top Ten- This will be the set of ten best investment opportunities that I consider fit from a long term perspective. The list of Basant’s Top Ten will also be updated regularly and subject to changes (additions and deletions) depending on valuations and opportunities. In other words the list of stcoks in this section will be dynamic in nature.

Basant’s Universe – This will be the total set of companies that will be followed in this service. Here I will introduce and track new ideas at reasonably regular intervals (maybe one stock a week) thus taking the total number of stocks to around fifty within one year.  The list of Ten stocks discussed above will be a drawn from “Basant’s Universe” and sometimes returned back. Companies in the Universe will be further segregated into:

ü  Large Cap Blue Chips

ü  Emerging High Growth Companies

ü  Dividend Yield Stocks

ü  Cheap Stocks

ü  Open Offer and De-listing plays

These stocks will be closely followed, monitored, evaluated and appropriate opinions will be issued depending on price and valu ations. 

The Current Buy list: This will consist of those stocks out of Basant's Universe  that are fit for buying at the current market price. This list will change dependinhg on changes in market price or fundamentals - as the case may be.

Market Updates: This will have a list of changes, in the above segments, their archives, market insights and some market talk based on what the Big Boys are reported to be doing.

Why not several different packages? Unlike other advisory services we are not marketing the services by breaking it into different sub-segments. This is because I understand that unless a subscriber makes money he will never come back and trying to sell your services like a Loaf of Bread cut into four pieces with cherry on one and butter on another will do more harm than good. People should be given the entire bouquet of services rather than be made to sign up for it in bits in pieces. Service providers do this to increase volumes and revenues. For instance one of our favourites Titan is a large cap and another Page is a small cap how can I advise one person to buy one of these and the other to buy another. Such strategies will dilute the quality of service and also reduce the proximity of gains. It is with this intent that I have bundled all the stock ideas as one single package.

Why such a large universe of stocks when you always advocate concentration in holdings? Many of you will rightly argue about the need to have anything more than Basant’s Top Ten. That is because I personally have had a portfolio of less than 10 stocks at almost all times during the last decade. The thought behind creating a larger spectrum of ideas is that it provides a whole bouquet of offerings for an investor to choose his stock picks from. All investors need not buy just a handful of companies and it is with that intent that I have decided to have a detailed exhaustive list of companies covering almost all the secular growth stories in India. Also some stocks in the Universe could do better than the stocks in the Top Ten hence people can make informed decisions by looking at my entire stock list.

Ask Basant: This segment will be a Question and answer segment where I intend to take questions and answer them depending on my capability. I am how-ever not inclined on taking academic queries. Questions on prioritizing stock buys and sells, their prospects both within and beyond “Basant’s Universe” are something that will form the cornerstone of this segment.”

What investment strategy is to be followed behind the stock picks? The detailed investment matrix that will decide the nature of stocks behind each of these segments will be put up when we are ready with the launch. In any case the quality of service is something that is for the user to decipher and for that my little history at TheEquityDesk is something that can be set as a benchmark.

How much? The entire package (1 and 2) above should cost you approximately Rs 1250* per month, (this will be charged upfront though). The break-up and other details about the subscription package shall be available when we launch this service.

Edited by basant - 19/Oct/2011 at 3:29pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
itpro

Quote itpro Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 1:48pm

Congrats Basant Sir on starting this.

I hope that your contribution to the normal forum doesn't dry down.

IP IP Logged
rdyn

Quote rdyn Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 1:53pm
Superb Sirji.

Can't wait to see it and sign up
My aim is to read each and every post on TED!
IP IP Logged
justinvest

Quote justinvest Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 1:56pm
Congrats Basantji & Hope its a big success.
IP IP Logged
prabhakarkudva

Quote prabhakarkudva Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 1:58pm
Great initiative Basantji. Although i must say you aren't exercising your pricing power to the fullest.

This one's a deep value buy
Take your chances and keep them in a box until a quieter time.
IP IP Logged
rdyn

Quote rdyn Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 2:02pm
@prabhakarji, very true
My aim is to read each and every post on TED!
IP IP Logged
nikrod12

Quote nikrod12 Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 2:03pm
Cograts Basantji. It will be a great service. Wish you a lot of success.

Have you paused your plans for PMS or that is in progress too?
IP IP Logged
jagbir

Quote jagbir Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 2:14pm
A heartily welcome move.

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 35 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version