Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
Message Icon Topic: TheequityDesk report card - June 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
sajit
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote sajit Replybullet Posted: 06/Jul/2011 at 1:22pm
I think it would to add one more column in the report to show the price at the beginning of the year.

Do we have plans to update the list based on the current scenarios as this list is almost 5 yrs old.
IP IP Logged
Monkey

Quote Monkey Replybullet Posted: 06/Jul/2011 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by tigershark

in an inflationary environment consumption and fmcg companies have the ability to raise prices and thus protect their margins which the mkt has discounted ,now that inflation may come down and interest rates start coming down beaten down stocks in the capex cycle may start outperforming and the consumption and fmcg stocks may have a more sedate time.so would it make sense to invest in good quality stocks in the capex cycle?has that time come?

Sir,

Logically speaking, I tend to agree with you that it is time for stocks related to consumption theme to take a breather and, atleast for some time, stocks related to capex cycle to shine.

However, I also agree with a general belief that stocks hitting new highs when broad market is in long corrective  / consolidation phase would continue to outperform when next bullish phase resumes. We have seen about a year long consolidation phase. So going by above belief, we should witness strong gains in stocks related to consumption theme when bullish phase resumes.

Hence, I think it will be better to stick to proven theme.

IP IP Logged
India_Bull

Quote India_Bull Replybullet Posted: 06/Jul/2011 at 9:36am
Kudos to Basantji, I have been following you since long time , irrespective of the market conditions or the numbers/performance of stocks put in this thread, I always saw the TED stocks in green even when there is a blood on the street !

Edited by India_Bull - 06/Jul/2011 at 9:37am
India_Bull forever Bull !
www.kapilcomedynights.com
IP IP Logged
gopal

Quote gopal Replybullet Posted: 07/Jul/2011 at 6:52pm
TEDies,

by when can wev expect the new first quarter results for TEDXI stocks to be put up in the forum

thnx in advance 
Women are like the stock market Coz they're irrational n can bankrupt u if u're not careful
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 07/Jul/2011 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by gopal

TEDies,

by when can wev expect the new first quarter results for TEDXI stocks to be put up in the forum

thnx in advance 
after indepencence day
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
Buffet Glb

Quote Buffet Glb Replybullet Posted: 10/Jul/2011 at 5:19pm

Hello everybody,

Congratulations Sir for updating ‘The Equitydesk Report Card June 2011’. Subject to correction, this happens to be a quarterly update after the Mar/April 2011 one’.

While going through the previous report card threads, my reactions would be that of having frequent report cards, an alternative etc, as couldn’t relate to stocks that were picked up years ago. The same are being repeated in this thread as well. However, having gone through it, the following is my take that may help newbies.

Ø           This is a concentrated portfolio style comprising of 11 stocks only.

Ø           Basantji (Master TED) believes that the existing stocks here have still growth steam within them.

Ø           The stocks here would not be replaced normally, unless one gets a stock that fits in the criteria of stock selection: Market cap <below Rs 1000 crores, Consistent RoE that is growing etc and more importantly they would out beat the expected growth of the present stocks as it’s a ‘buy & hold’ portfolio. This portfolio doesn’t believe in churning unless surely warranted.  

Ø           It becomes difficult to commit whether one stock could replace another unless there is a solid reason. Hence the silence.

Basantji, hope this is roughly correct.

"The best assets you can have during inflation are your abilities." - Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
ramdav

Quote ramdav Replybullet Posted: 18/Jul/2011 at 7:40pm
Basantji,

I am new member this blog just joined today.After going through some of the threads i am impressed from your style of Stock Picking. Keep up the good work.

Going forward we would like to see you lot in TV channels during market hours and talk about your style of Stock Picking.

Cheers,

"The point is not so much to buy as cheap as possible or go short at top price, but to buy or sell at the right time."- Jesse Livermore
IP IP Logged
DHIRAJKANT

Quote DHIRAJKANT Replybullet Posted: 08/Aug/2011 at 12:29pm
hi basant ji,
yr next pick ?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version