Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Management Interactions, Company and AGM Visits
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Management Interactions, Company and AGM Visits
Message Icon Topic: TheequityDesk report card - June 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
ntiwari

Online Status: Offline
Quote ntiwari Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2011 at 6:07pm
How come there have been no recommendations after 2008.Have there been no new opportunities
Nish*th
IP IP Logged
Ravenrage

Quote Ravenrage Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2011 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by ntiwari

How come there have been no recommendations after 2008.Have there been no new opportunities

These are some of the best in their business , any doubts regarding that ?

Basantji , we should have a mutual fund portfolio too .

Edited by Ravenrage - 03/Jul/2011 at 6:11pm
IP IP Logged
jagbir

Quote jagbir Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2011 at 7:12pm

I guess you skipped Zydus Wellness, which get included on 31-Mar-10. Also please go through the topic Why not to look for new ideas – always which may provide some insightful thoughts about your query.

IP IP Logged
kumarn

Quote kumarn Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2011 at 10:37pm
Awesome performance Basant ji!

I have a question that I hope you would kindly answer. Amongst the TED XI, which one in your opinion has the highest potential over the 2-3 year horizon? Sorry, if it a stupid question! Basically I need to reinvest some some amount and I am looking for the strongest basket!
IP IP Logged
dipankar66

Quote dipankar66 Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2011 at 9:24am
This is an example of excellent performance. I have seen most of the companies are great brands or owners of great brands.
Still, would like to revisit a commoditised business like Voltamp. I am not sure this will be very interesting going forward. Would like to hear other opinions.
DD
IP IP Logged
dipankar66

Quote dipankar66 Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by jagbir

I guess you skipped Zydus Wellness, which get included on 31-Mar-10. Also please go through the topic Why not to look for new ideas – always which may provide some insightful thoughts about your query.

Also missed Voltamp which was included on April 01, 2009.

Edited by dipankar66 - 03/Jul/2011 at 9:28am
DD
IP IP Logged
ashirbad

Quote ashirbad Replybullet Posted: 04/Jul/2011 at 12:22pm
Dear BasantJi, I think we must calculate the split and the bonus of Titan Industries, thus making the gains of Titan much higher.

Regards,

Edited by ashirbad - 04/Jul/2011 at 4:18pm
IP IP Logged
rinkumalpani

Quote rinkumalpani Replybullet Posted: 05/Jul/2011 at 3:59pm
[QUOTE=basant] and maybe at the right opportune time fold the cards and go to the next table something which not many have been able to do.

Congrats and thanks Basantji. Anybody who had conviction enough in you/TED( in the early days of TED) and have tried to utilise whatever one has learned on TED,should still be amongst the winners even if he does not identify the ooportune time and gets a bit early/late.The trick will always be to identify the next possible winning table in the early stages when the seats/chairs are cheap and empty and nobody understands that trick better than you. so, please do hint towards the table. The able teddies, am sure, will surely find a chair for themselves.

Thanking you once again
Malpani

Edited by rinkumalpani - 05/Jul/2011 at 4:15pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version