Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Blogs
 The Equity Desk Forum :Blog :Blogs
Message Icon Topic: Why not to look for new ideas – always? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
drsatish91

Online Status: Offline
Quote drsatish91 Replybullet Posted: 09/Jul/2011 at 7:32pm
[QUOTE=basant]

So does it mean that investors should do nothing and just sit back after an idea has been identified? Certainly not, all ideas need introspection and a constant monitoring vis-avis the new ones that come in every day. The only cost of investing is opportunity cost. So if Company A is doing well and someone whispers to you about the prospects of Company B then try comparing Company B with Company A before committing your money. If A is still better then B then buy A until you hi the 15% open offer limit!

this paragraph answers many queries at once ....approx. 1 yr back when i joined TED .. i was the typical investor (self-acclaimed) described by Basant sir and i was so restless;i bothered Mr Basant so many times .. but as we all know teacher knows what to give and when to give he made me patient and calm .. stimulated my brain with queries that one has to ask himself before investing our hard earned money to merciless Mr Market .. I am Thankful to Mr Basant not only for guidance but also for the creating this wonderful GPS (TED) system for people who really want to cross this jungle (financial) and meet their goals ... Hats off to all TEDies
Dr.Satish M Jethwani
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 09/Jul/2011 at 10:23pm
That's just great to see your evolution. Thank You Basant Sir for helping evolve our emotional outlook to investing
IP IP Logged
norvinm

Quote norvinm Replybullet Posted: 11/Jul/2011 at 12:38pm
Jignesh, what principles has your friend been using to generate such returns?
IP IP Logged
gurleen

Quote gurleen Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2011 at 10:37am
Really great Information Post. Please keep sharing more and more information . You really doing great job.Keep it up.
IP IP Logged
bmchandrasekhar
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bmchandrasekhar Replybullet Posted: 11/Sep/2011 at 11:11am
It's really great information. That's why I keep buying what I already own!! Sriram Transport finance.
IP IP Logged
TCSer

Quote TCSer Replybullet Posted: 17/Sep/2011 at 8:00pm
Dear Chandra whats your take on ramky post CBI raids on them due to investments in YSR/Jagan cos?I am stuck in it @ 450.

Vivek 
Share market is nothing but a game of temperament. Success mantra Right Price,Right Business,Patience, Conviction .Do not do panic buying or selling.It may be the only profession where inactivity pays
IP IP Logged
bmchandrasekhar
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bmchandrasekhar Replybullet Posted: 17/Sep/2011 at 9:40pm
CBI Sought information on some of the projects awareded during YSR Rule during 2004-09. As the Chairman was close to late YSR, it would have had a bearing on the CBI seeking information.

As such, there has been no untoward negative news as far as fundamentals of the business is concerned.

I am not sure why you are so worried about the price? If you have conviction about the business, any drop in share price should be construed as a buying opportunity.

Chandra
IP IP Logged
gcgill

Quote gcgill Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2011 at 6:01pm
Basant ji,
I actually agree with your thought but i was just thinking of people who dont book profits at a stage when the stock gives them phenomenal returns ie maybe 100 or 200% in a short span of time.And then something happens like a sector collapse like the IT sector bust and they cant even recover their invested amount.I dont know about the valuations but they repent a lot after that.Just a thought....
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version