Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Trading Psychology
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Trading Psychology
Message Icon Topic: Why not to look for new ideas – always? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
rinkumalpani

Online Status: Offline
Quote rinkumalpani Replybullet Posted: 16/Mar/2012 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by pay2gain

The post was really very informative. Definitely its better to stick on to our stocks which we already hold.

Did I miss something? which post are you referring to??
IP IP Logged
rajesh_mahinder

Quote rajesh_mahinder Replybullet Posted: 10/Jun/2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by wiseowl

"If you don't feel comfortable owning something for 10 years, then don't own it for 10 minutes." - Warren Buffett

Best advice from the grand old man of investing!
IP IP Logged
shilpa02

Quote shilpa02 Replybullet Posted: 06/Jul/2012 at 1:15pm
Hello..i m shilpa...i m very new here...i want to share ideas and views related various topics...thanx
IP IP Logged
akja.05

Quote akja.05 Replybullet Posted: 25/Mar/2013 at 2:32am
Hi Basantji
just read this thread.....Have a question regarding my investing style
I always seem to find a way to be 100% invested....My major investments will be in companies what I think are high quality but the remaining cash I do deploy in commodities, cyclical's etc as I feel they also project a money making opportunity (not permanent value but temporary value)....My logic is to be invested fully, in case it is a new bull market.....And as and when stronger opportunity presents itself, I exchange a relatively weaker idea for that stronger one
My question is this a better way of investing or is it better being in cash and wait and wait until the truly great idea comes along.....
Since I am a relatively new investor, I do not have the confidence to hold only 4-5 stocks.. My portfolio consists of 10-12 stocks at any point in time
I do see myself always looking for new ideas either to deploy existing cash or to look for stronger opportunities as in the long term, I wish to hold a more concentrated portfolio
IP IP Logged
sumitraepic

Quote sumitraepic Replybullet Posted: 05/Oct/2015 at 6:45pm
I agree with you Basantji. I always follow your ideas and searching for new investment  ideas which can help me as well as others.
IP IP Logged
jayakrishnan

Quote jayakrishnan Replybullet Posted: 05/Oct/2015 at 8:32pm
It is better to stick with your initial ideas and stay with it for long, giving it enough time to work instead of keep on swinging at every ideas that crops up...Unless new idea is very convincing do not change initial ideas...
Also I do not believe in holding some money in cash like fund managers do keeping on waiting for opportunities that might occur 1-2 times in a decade...calculate the opportunity lost during those waiting period even for a bare minimum of 10% cash in hand...
Even if such a wonderful opportunity arises that you are very much convinced then you can always sell 1 from your existing holding even if it is at loss if your conviction is that high...
IP IP Logged
sumitraepic

Quote sumitraepic Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2015 at 6:22pm
Generally traders follow a particular strategy for investment, they don't search for new ideas because no one wants to take risks.
IP IP Logged
Jimm0y74jp

Quote Jimm0y74jp Replybullet Posted: 22/Oct/2015 at 6:00pm
and here we’re seeing a version of the classic shoe that should’ve been included.Composed of suede and sporting leather detailing, The sneaker is finished off with red accents on the “KD” branding on the tongue and the heel tab along with a gold Swoosh on the toe.
via: Kix
Available Now on Kixify & eBay A hyper crimson outsole,Louboutin Sandales,laces complete the KD 7 that we should see Durant rocking heavily on-court this year.
   The Nike Air Flight ’89 has been released this year in many bright and bold colorways,
One pair is dressed in all black,Escarpin Louboutin, An icy blue translucent outsole and a Black Swoosh on the toe complete the look on this KD 7. make sure to hit up your local Nike retailers for availability.
via: SC Download the new KicksOnFire app (iOS) (Android) and stay up to date on all the news and release dates you need to know. It is believed that the debut colorway will be a berry colorway similar to the one that we’ve already seen that’s pictured above. As you can see,Louboutin Homme Sneakers,
The Nike Hyperdunk 2014 is set to make its way onto shelves on July 16, For the time being they’re known as a sample colorway.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version