Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Microcaps-When will value.be unlocked?
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Microcaps-When will value.be unlocked?
Message Icon Topic: The Gitas and the Bibles of Investment! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
reetesh

Online Status: Offline
Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 22/Sep/2006 at 12:57pm

Sir, Please take it lightly it was "JOKE cum Advice" but yet did`nt used "QURAN"  losely..

I have one request from you that we need to start 2 more Forums.

1. Regarding POLITICS (Whole world as this also effect markets and we must share our opine)

2. Jokes & Humor that will keep us going.
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
reetesh

Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 22/Sep/2006 at 1:03pm
Dear Investor,

I think you would`nt have expected me to post it, if same thing is available on the Thehindubusinessline.com and "epaper" that I am talking about atleast  40% of content is different in "Epaper" this is full version of Chennai Edition.
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 22/Sep/2006 at 1:25pm

Great. For the jokes and humour we have the section lounge. It is really very funny. In fact we hjave a very different profile of audience contributing to that section.

For the politics part would start a section.

Thank you for the advice. 
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
monu_duggad

Quote monu_duggad Replybullet Posted: 22/Sep/2006 at 3:20pm
Basantji
You had promised you will start a thread on scams and write about big bull harshad mehta and kp's scam
Amazing to know you have read so many books...great stuff !! Do you still get that magnitude of time.
If you think you can,You Can
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 22/Sep/2006 at 3:46pm
Yes, I do. Presently I am reading "The Google story". The best part of the book was Google reached its position without advertising and secondly they wanted to sell the stuff to Yahoo/AOL/ALtavista etc for US $1 million but the latter refused today google is worth more then 150,000 times of that. All this in 7-8 years!!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 24/Sep/2006 at 9:15am
Of the books mentioned by you, I have read the one mentioned by Peter Lynch, also both Security analysis and The Intelligent Investor By Benjamin Graham and also The Alchemy of Finance by George Soros. I was particularly impressed by the Intelligent Investor and The Alchemy of Finance. The Alchemy of Finance is a must-read and the theory of reflexivity and the Chapter on the Prevailing Bias and the Underlying Trend was tremendously impressive.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 27/Sep/2006 at 12:41pm
Once Warren Buffet was asked by students of an American University about his recommendation of books on investment. After giving his list of favourites like Ben Graham, Phil Fischer etc...he had following advice:

Students should start by actually investing small sums, not just investing on paper. Without actually investing, one will not experience the emotions resulting from price increases as well as price decreases. “There are books on investments and sex. But, the real thing is different”.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
Equity Buff

Quote Equity Buff Replybullet Posted: 27/Sep/2006 at 12:51pm

Another good quote by Mr. Buffet posted by you. Keep sending them whenever you think it is appropriate.

Everyone learns from and also enjoys these quotes.

Rgds.

Edited by Equity Buff - 27/Sep/2006 at 12:52pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version