Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Fundamental
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Fundamental
Message Icon Topic: TheEquityDesk Report Card March 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
gopal

Online Status: Offline
Quote gopal Replybullet Posted: 30/Apr/2011 at 1:03pm
Basantji,

will you be so kind enough to give a new write up on the future prospects of the TED 11 stocks after all the 2011 year end results are declared, so that we may all get insight into them for next year 2012.

thnx in advance

rgds
Women are like the stock market Coz they're irrational n can bankrupt u if u're not careful
IP IP Logged
zulfi

Quote zulfi Replybullet Posted: 11/May/2011 at 4:33pm
sir i m @your forum can u guide what r thoughts regarding infrastructure companies,
IP IP Logged
Rishant007
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Rishant007 Replybullet Posted: 12/May/2011 at 12:48pm
You can look at Supreme Infra & KNR Construction.

KNR const has fallen a lot. Not sure for what reasons but seems to have fallen in line with market correction and looks attractive.

Supreme Infra has the best margins in the construction space.

I think one can also look at IL&FS Trans Network where the Management is of superior quality and more professional.

IP IP Logged
Rishant007
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Rishant007 Replybullet Posted: 12/May/2011 at 1:47am
Basantji,
It would be nice if you can come up with a list of stocks which one can buy and hold from nowonwards.

I am picking up Voltas, Blue Star & Yes Bank.

For people like me who has joined recently can benefit from the fresh list.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Buffet Glb

Quote Buffet Glb Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2011 at 1:39pm

While reading this thread from the start, apart from the fabulous performance of the Portfolio that commenced almost 4-5 years ago, newbie teddies are looking for directions. That doesn't seem to be forthcoming. I understand Shri Basantji would like to refrain from putting his finger on to individual stocks; nevertheless teddies would be looking for direction from the leader. It’s natural.

Anyways, I have tried to analyse the portfolio and the inside of the master’s thinking.

This portfolio has no sectoral allocation/thinking, concentrated bottom up approach. Broadly, there is a strong belief on Consumption theory. Secondly, stocks seem to have been picked on RoCe and growth. Stocks in the portfolio- Voltas & Blue Star from Air Conditioning, Hawkins Cookers & Titan Industries two pure Consumer durable stocks, Thermax & Voltamp - Capital Goods, Banking - HDFC, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank and finally one from branded clothing – page Industries & one FMCG with OTC power.

One cannot explain having two companies from one industry that too with a small industry market capital. Eg Voltas & Blue Star. Secondly, picking two sister concerns (subsidiary) – HDFC & HDFC Bank. Anyways, the portfolio has delivered resoundingly; therefore there is no question of picking the nails, but sharing my views.  

Now trend for year 2011-12: Shri Basantji continues to believe on consumption. Though Infrastructure & construction companies have a good future, it might be too early to enter. If you have a long horizon and novice, one can enter at present levels, however, experts who are watchful can enter when the RoCe is ascending.

Stocks: Consumption – Consumer Durable stocks that could grow: Whirlpool, Hawkins has still some steam left, Timex, Lovable Lingerie. Camlin, Everonn – bullish on Educational sector), ITC (Giant Mrkt Cap – yet good investment)

I submit this write up for scrutiny.

Note: Some would cursorily comment. That’s fine. Seniors – Kindly avoid doling out numbers without taking a stand as through this process one can get an insight into the likely portfolio for the year 2011-12
"The best assets you can have during inflation are your abilities." - Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
bail_shing

Quote bail_shing Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2011 at 4:09pm
today's paper I saw voltamp in 52 week's low list
IP IP Logged
MR TED

Quote MR TED Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2011 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Buffet Glb

One cannot explain having two companies from one industry that too with a small industry market capital. Eg Voltas & Blue Star.

I was also thinking on same lines when I saw both of them. Is Voltas in for air conditioning or as capital goods?
IP IP Logged
SuperEquity

Quote SuperEquity Replybullet Posted: 14/May/2011 at 10:43pm
Voltas is in Cooling Segment + Engineering.

TED 11 is good. Indeed Best those who bought 2-/5 years back.

HDFC, YES BANK. VOLTAS, THERMAX
are Good Pick for long term at Current Market Price.

To some extend BlueStar and Hawkins are still good picks for those who want to start investing for long term now.

Page Industry, HDFC Bank, TITAN are Over-Valued at CMP

Voltamp, Zydus - Neutral View.

Hence, Those who want to start Investing, Can Buy HDFC, VOLTAS, YES BANK, THERMAX, HAWKINS, and can add few other picks as per own research like Jain Irrigation, ITC, IndusInd bank, Axis Bank, LIC, ICICI Bank, IDFC, Cairns India, Ranbaxy, Lupin, Bajaj Auto, etc. etc.

I asked so many times to Mr. Basant ji, which stock or even all stocks to Buy at CMP ? he never replied Smile . I agree, he will never tell stock specific to avoid taking multiple creations of queries and responsibility in case of any sudden Event Downside Risk in Stock, which is OK. Everyone will do the same thing.

I don't have any Single TED11 stock in my portfolio. I am bullish on other stocks. But that is ok. I am not here what stock given. Its all about Time when stock was given and when bought.  for example Voltas was given @ 220 in Jan,08 what if delayed 10 months to Buy @ 30 ? Today 600% Gain. If hawkins was given delayed return would also be same. But Hawkins was given at best time. In last 1 year, Hawkins gave 0 return but TTK 400% return. Stocks valuation changes as per time. 4-5 years back, i would have bought TED11 and today no need to see also portfolio. but Today, One should focus on own analysis and invest as per. TED 11 are Good List, Do research and buy few as per. TED11 was good for those who bought 3-4 years back. I personally don't think TED11 is good as per current valuation. Although I could be wrong. But Don't look what to Buy.
TED is place to Improve knowledge not for any Stock Tips LOL (So, everyone should stop asking what to buy). I am really thankfull to this Forum and Basanji for sharing great knowledge and experience and that TED is all about.

Edited by SuperEquity - 14/May/2011 at 10:53pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version