Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
Message Icon Topic: TheEquityDesk report Card - December 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
bearish

Online Status: Offline
Quote bearish Replybullet Posted: 05/Jan/2011 at 1:56pm
Ash. are you endorsing that the time to pick Voltamp is now as it has been underperforming quite a bit? The whole infra / power / realestate bandwagon is in a mess.. how about if one wants to choose between Voltamp and BlueStar?
IP IP Logged
ash7979

Quote ash7979 Replybullet Posted: 05/Jan/2011 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by bearish

Ash. are you endorsing that the time to pick Voltamp is now as it has been underperforming quite a bit? The whole infra / power / realestate bandwagon is in a mess.. how about if one wants to choose between Voltamp and BlueStar?

I don't have that much knowledge to recommend any stock, as basantji can guide us on this.

I have just put my observation from the data, which I have got while calculating CAGR return for TED XI...As per this data CAGR return from voltamp is more than 50%, that is too good from any stock...but I think this is due to the time of picking of this stock..

Edited by ash7979 - 05/Jan/2011 at 2:04pm
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free....
IP IP Logged
bearish

Quote bearish Replybullet Posted: 05/Jan/2011 at 2:07pm
Yup i think that same return was possible for Zydus for all those who were invested in Zydus pre March April last year...wonder what is the scalability for a company of Voltamp's size.
IP IP Logged
datta.supratik

Quote datta.supratik Replybullet Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 3:20pm
Hi Basantji,

Voltamp has posted 10 and 9 EPS for the Jun and Sep quarter. This would mean Rs40 odd EPS for the fiscal (just simply annualizing it). The last year's EPS has been 81. There has practically been no improvement since March08 in terms of sales or EPS growth.
Is there some expansion or work in progress which might support this gestation period?
Do you still find value in the counter and we can continue to accumulate at current levels?
Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Supratik

Edited by datta.supratik - 11/Jan/2011 at 3:21pm
IP IP Logged
Skeleton

Quote Skeleton Replybullet Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 4:55pm
Hi Basant ji,
I have joined this forum a few days back and impressed with the ideas you suggest to people. I have gone through your recent report card also.  My question is do you have any plan to recommend any new stock in recent time. Because Zydus also is now a bit high from your recommendation.
Skeleton
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by datta.supratik

Do you still find value in the counter and we can continue to accumulate at current levels?

Relatively I like the consumer names.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
ash7979

Quote ash7979 Replybullet Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by basant

Originally posted by datta.supratik

Relatively I like the consumer names.

So, you mean Page,Titan & Zydus should do well in near future then other 8 TED XI players??
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free....
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 11/Jan/2011 at 6:05pm
Add Hawkins to the list.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version