Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
Message Icon Topic: TheEquityDesk report Card - December 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
tigershark

Online Status: Offline
Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by rajnsharma

As usual TED XI is like Indian Cricket Team....No. 1 in test ranking

By the way Basantjee, Thermax and Voltas has not performed since the recommendation. Do you see any chances that it can outperform in next 2-3 years. If not any plans to replace them?
thermax has been a 6 bagger from its low of 145 in march 2009, voltas is a 8 bagger from its low of 34 during the same period.being cyclicals and in a capex driven industry they had to be bought when capex had frozen with the hope that one day capex will take take off.both have delivered on the above and thermax could become something big if capex improves further in fy12-13 and jairam becomes even more tougher.
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
excel_monkey

Quote excel_monkey Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 8:15pm
great job Basant
IP IP Logged
sayedmohd5e

Quote sayedmohd5e Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 10:39pm
Basantji...thanks a lot for ur suggestions posted..can u plz suggest any penny stock which can give me excellent returns in 1 year
IP IP Logged
jaimin31

Quote jaimin31 Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 11:43pm
Here are the stocks that gave me decent returns in the past year or so, though the returns are not as great as the best ones in this list at TED. They too are related to the consumption space that this forum seems to be bullish on:

Relaxo Footwear,
Gitanjali Gems,
Somany Ceramics,
Whirlpool,
Berger Paints.

I also bought TTK Prestige recently and it shot up 35-40% in the past few weeks. But that might just be the good prospects being priced in instead of returns from earnings.
IP IP Logged
chints

Quote chints Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 11:48pm
@sayed...i dont want to criticize u but this kind of thinking and outlook doesn't serve any good!
IP IP Logged
jaimin31

Quote jaimin31 Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 2:01am
Mr. Maheshwari's observation about Hawkins is very interesting. However, I wonder if there will ever be an opportunity in this stock again. I did a quick check, and saw that the numbers like EPS, net profit, etcetera have gone up about 3 times; however, the stock price has gone up 10 times in the same period. So, obviously, a lot of goodness is heavily priced in the stock which makes it a risky investment. I know there must not be a straight answer to this, but any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you.
IP IP Logged
rajnsharma

Quote rajnsharma Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 6:48am
Originally posted by tigershark

Originally posted by rajnsharma

As usual TED XI is like Indian Cricket Team....No. 1 in test ranking

By the way Basantjee, Thermax and Voltas has not performed since the recommendation. Do you see any chances that it can outperform in next 2-3 years. If not any plans to replace them?
thermax has been a 6 bagger from its low of 145 in march 2009, voltas is a 8 bagger from its low of 34 during the same period.being cyclicals and in a capex driven industry they had to be bought when capex had frozen with the hope that one day capex will take take off.both have delivered on the above and thermax could become something big if capex improves further in fy12-13 and jairam becomes even more tougher.

Fair point. However 2008 lows were an aberration in my opinion as it will throw every calculation out of gear.

My question is more about the future of these two stocks.

IP IP Logged
prabhakarkudva

Quote prabhakarkudva Replybullet Posted: 03/Jan/2011 at 7:45am
All the stocks is TED XI are ones where one can bet his entire net worth and yet sleep well because the business is good in general and managements have been exceptional all along.The index is not just about absolute returns but risk adjusted returns.

So if anyone can suggest a better replacement which satisfies the above,that'll be great.I think this discussion came up before but nothing substantial came up to dislodge the current eleven.
Take your chances and keep them in a box until a quieter time.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version