Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: The Punjab Chapter of TheEquityDesk Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
samirarora

Online Status: Offline
Quote samirarora Replybullet Posted: 17/Apr/2010 at 6:34pm

basantji, i am from amritsar, hence a little extra disappointed that i missed the meeting!!

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 17/Apr/2010 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by samirarora

basantji, i am from amritsar, hence a little extra disappointed that i missed the meeting!!

Embarrassed
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
smartcat

Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 17/Apr/2010 at 2:05am
Some pics from the Punjab Meet:

Pic 1: Basant with his new "cool dude" look. Notice the subtle Jockey branding in the background.

Pic 2 & 3: Basant with Kuber.

IP IP Logged
funkyappu

Quote funkyappu Replybullet Posted: 17/Apr/2010 at 10:42am
Yes,

Indeed.....Jockey hint has been noticed.
I hope Basantjee liked the heat & crowdy Amritsar streets. The young man, Kuber, must have taken great care of him. Earlier, Dhariwal Industries was in Amritsar & they used to make great shawls & lois. People used to come from far to buy them & used to feel proud about their possesssions.

I suppose this is the street upfront where Golden Temple (Harimandar Sahib) is located & down below a few yards, Jallianwala Bagh.

Modern Amritsar, depite chaos, is witnessing huge rapid urban growth. Government of India and Government of Punjab have unveiled a Rs. 3,150 Crore plan to modernize Amritsar. Amritsar has witnessed a spurt in high-end residential property and multiplex development, courtesy the government’s decision to set up a special economic zone there. About a dozen malls are also in various phases of completion. A new city Convention Centre has been planned, as are four 5-star hotels by the Radisson group, the Taj group of hotels, the Holiday Inn Group and the Marriott group. Amritsar lately has become hub for medicare for North India.

The three among the top 10 high per capita yielding cities of India in Amritsar's vicinity, Chandigarh, Ludhiana , Jalandhar, is also abetting its deveopment.

Further, people of Punjab are very much prone to technological adaptation. They accept technologies readily. Once, just 10 years ago, Kapurthala was called the Mercedes capital of India.

Here, TED picks like Titan, Zydus, Hawkins, Page have a great future.

Edited by funkyappu - 17/Apr/2010 at 10:45am
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 18/Apr/2010 at 1:30pm
Though I was in Jammu, Dalhousie, and McLeudganj I enjoyed Amritsar the most maybe because I like history a lot. I intend to be there again.

In this photo we are facing the Jallianwallah Bagh , the small alley where General Dyer took his troops from!

Edited by basant - 18/Apr/2010 at 1:31pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
bub100

Quote bub100 Replybullet Posted: 18/Apr/2010 at 6:14pm
I too born and bought up in asr before shifting to germany but love to visit everytime, my last visit was in feb.10
gs
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 18/Apr/2010 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by basant

Originally posted by hit2710

RSS 4245 had one complaint though he indicated that my posts were coming down and I have promised to contribute more frequently then I have been over the past few months.

I echo the same complaint. Hope u keep your promise and contribute more frequently.

Yes, I will comply.

Compliance is duly noted. If Amritsar is having this effect on Basantji's participation on TED, I request he consider making frequent trips to Amritsar Big%20smile. or maybe even moving there. Wink
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 28/Apr/2010 at 3:06pm
ਸਤ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਕਾਲ (Sat Sri Akal !)

Kuber had one complaint though. He said that he is baffled as to how Kulmanji isn’t contributing these days and why his posts have become a bit more sincere. I immediately established a line to Kulmanji and the complaint was lodged first hand!

It was a real pleasure talking to you both.

Originally posted by tigershark

kulmanji is a traitor he has shifted loyalty from TED to  FACEBOOK !

Blame it on the person who introduced me to FB. Tigershark knows that person.

Originally posted by smartcat

Facebook huh? Looks like Kulman is becoming younger every day. When will he start using Twitter like Tharoor? He should definitely go "Tweet Tweet" soon.

Hmmm...not sure of becoming younger, but yes feeling younger. Twitter is not for me especially after seeing what happened to Modi+Tharoor.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version