Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Blogs
 The Equity Desk Forum :Blog :Blogs
Message Icon Topic: The Punjab Chapter of TheEquityDesk Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 6 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: The Punjab Chapter of TheEquityDesk
    Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 1:53pm
I was in Amritsar for a couple of days during this weekend and had the pleasure of meeting two Teddies. We fixed the meeting at Jallianwalla Bagh. This is a phenomenal place and I would recommend everyone who has any interest in history to visit the Jallianwalla Bagh. I spent close to 4-5 hours there sitting, walking, thinking and in between watching a documentary that they show in the small auditorium.

Now to the meeting. First met RSS4245 who is a senior person in the managerial function of one of India’s largest Insurance companies and is based out of Chandigarh. RSS4245 seems to have spent some time in the markets and is a religious TED folower. He had traveled all the way from Chandigarh to Amritsar to meet. Clearly it’s a special feeling to see people come so far off to meet. RSS 4245 had one complaint though he indicated that my posts were coming down and I have promised to contribute more frequently then I have been over the past few months.

Another Teddy who traveled from Kapurthala to meet me was Kuber. Kuber is a young man of 29 years old and runs a decent pharmacy store and religiously follows TED. He owns almost all the Ted favorites like Titan, Hawkins, Page, Zydus,  Blue Star etc and was really generous to have indicated that all his gains have been because of TED. Kuber had one complaint though. He said that he is baffled as to how Kulmanji isn’t contributing these days and why his posts have become a bit more sincere. I immediately established a line to Kulmanji and the complaint was lodged first hand!

Kuber and RSS 4245 are the real faces of TED, people who have so much trust and faith into what TED is doing that they now talk in terms of betting on TED rather then the stocks recommended here. We have to keep the standards high. In this market all of us can go wrong but as Buffett says “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. You will do things differently if you keep this in mind”.

Both Kuber and RSS4245 had brought special mementos for me from a division of a company that we so closely follow at TED – Titan(No wonder the stock is making new lifetime highs). The value of the trust and faith exceeds the value of the gift many times over. It’s the love, affection and trust of people like these that keeps TED going. 

Edited by basant - 16/Apr/2010 at 2:03pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
funkyappu

Quote funkyappu Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 2:01pm
Sir,

We didn't know about your visit. Lots of people intended to meet you in this part of the country. There're going to be numerous complaints registered with you about your veiled visit. I have already done that.
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 2:16pm
kulmanji is a traitor he has shifted loyalty from TED to  FACEBOOK ! infact on fb he makes posts every half hour ! he even has his own ED SEYKOTA corner. i will also have a word with him as he is at the present in my home town.
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
nitin_jagtap

Quote nitin_jagtap Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by tigershark

kulmanji is a traitor he has shifted loyalty from TED to  FACEBOOK ! infact on fb he makes posts every half hour ! he even has his own ED SEYKOTA corner. 
  I endorse doc's view on this subject Smile

Edited by nitin_jagtap - 16/Apr/2010 at 2:39pm
Warm REgards
Nitin Jagtap
IP IP Logged
smartcat

Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 4:54pm
Facebook huh? Looks like Kulman is becoming younger every day. When will he start using Twitter like Tharoor? He should definitely go "Tweet Tweet" soon.

Basant, any photos of the TED meet at Jalianwalabagh?
IP IP Logged
hit2710

Quote hit2710 Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by basant

RSS 4245 had one complaint though he indicated that my posts were coming down and I have promised to contribute more frequently then I have been over the past few months.

I echo the same complaint. Hope u keep your promise and contribute more frequently.
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by smartcat

Facebook huh? Looks like Kulman is becoming younger every day. When will he start using Twitter like Tharoor? He should definitely go "Tweet Tweet" soon.

Basant, any photos of the TED meet at Jalianwalabagh?
Basant did yu visit the golden temple and participate in the langar?and did you try the famous lassi?
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
TCSer

Quote TCSer Replybullet Posted: 16/Apr/2010 at 11:39pm
BASANTJEE
we missed out meeting u in delhi.when r u planning your next visit to delhi .please lets know so that atleast next time there is a good gathering.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version