Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
Message Icon Topic: Indian Markets and the so called experts! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
gauravsinghal2
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote gauravsinghal2 Replybullet Posted: 27/Jun/2009 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by gauravsinghal2

Let me finish the story by reminding about Basant sir's post in March 2009Indian Stocks – Time to aggressively load on!,

and to quote,

"This bull market is very much alive and kicking and at the cost of putting my head out I would like to assume that we will see significantly higher levels before we get into an extended bear hug. This is as good a time to buy stocks."

-04 March 2008.

So again, every one can go right and wrong, at times.

Erratum: By mistake 'March 2008' has been written as 'March 2009' in my comment!
IP IP Logged
chimak10

Quote chimak10 Replybullet Posted: 27/Jun/2009 at 9:15pm
Shanker Babu's Comment

When I talk to folks and I tell them that you should go out and buy all these rubbish companies and they say what has happened to you? What are you saying? And I say, yes, you have to lose it if you have to make money in this market because if you had bought NTPC over Reliance Power, you were the biggest fool in the world. You have to go out there and buy companies which have greater promise of the future but less promise in the present and that is the trade we are on. When you are on a trade like that, you have to be fearful.

I am not a kid out of school who starts to believe the the goodness of markets is to make everybody rich. It is not my perspective on markets. The markets are meant to make everybody poor and only a small percentage rich. I want to belong to that small percentage. Hopefully my clients also want to belong there as well.

Do Not He Says Hopefully ....what kind of doped client this guy have

He Talks So Nice with so much confidance makes you belive that he knows what he talks about.....and Also Writes Very Well.......if he writes some ficition novel........he shall do very well. Maybe acting will also suit him.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 27/Jun/2009 at 9:30pm
Basant sir,

Excellent writeup as always. Enjoyed every bit of it...as always !!LOL (Sorry for the late post)
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
vsb2pwn

Quote vsb2pwn Replybullet Posted: 27/Jun/2009 at 12:52pm
He was a bear a big one and is now a bull a quick hurried harmless bull, who gives no guarantee of his species because he might become a bull one day, a bear the other.

Basant Ji,

I wanted to start a new topic inspired by your write-up, but either my ISP or your forum rules prohibit  me to start a new thread.
All the same, I use your blog to pose a question, which needs less answers but more intropection.
Am I A Bull Or A Bear?

All through my flings with Madame Equity Market, I have been fearful bull, confident bull, hurried bull, fearful bear, harried bear, confident bear and every thing the dictionary has to say about investors in equity market. ( Am I sounding like a commercial on CNBC).
My reson to call Equity market "Madame" is based on my innermost personal experience that the Madame Market is more unpredictable then a nagging wife.( wonder what Hitesh Shah ji may comment)
Coming back to point, we all are at times bullish or bearish as per our prospective, regardless of market being bullish or bearish.
I, for myself say, is always bullish in a bear atttacked market, and a fearful bear during bullish sessions.
It certainly is personal perogative of every individual to see things from his point of view. I recall having read as a teenager the following:
"Two men saw out of a prison cell, one saw the mud, other the stars.
This also reminds me of a signature thought--- two men intracted in abusiness deal , one sold , other bought and both went home contended they have made a smart deal. ( Excuse -I know my words are not ditto, but essence is somewhat same.)
How many of us can introinspect
Am I A Bull Or A Bear?.

Amswers make much more sense if we do not have any definite answer.

These are my thoughts and everyone has free will to differ.

I have started enjoying this desk. KUDOS to you

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Jun/2009 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by rajeshn07

Very well said sir. The mentioned MF chief (?) and the anchor are worst than a sucker trader.  At 8k, he says he is having 20k crores of money and waiting to invest & at 15 k he says he wants to invest and launches one more NFO.
One cant be more stupid than this.
Nothing to mentioned about the anchor - he just another useless guy, playing with TV viewers' portfolio/money.

Poor investors and traders who are putting their money watching them.

They raised close to Rs 2,000 crores well, if increasing the corpus was the objective then that has been met.

Edited by basant - 28/Jun/2009 at 1:14pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
PKB2000

Quote PKB2000 Replybullet Posted: 28/Jun/2009 at 9:54pm

Market and media have something in common

Both of them are unpredictable in nature and there are experts in them.

They excite the people.

Media and experts can not control market and market can not keep them aside. Partly they are complementary to each other

People in market are in market and directly and indirectly they are in media too.

People can not avoid media because that is the source of knowledge. In that respect I consider TV to internet through news paper as the media of the people.

Media and market are made by the people but the question remains how far are they for the people! Probably the answer is unknown and the effect on people is absolutely person specific. But I think that the influence of media and the experts in market gradually decrease as long as people become more experienced in the market that of course take a little longer term (at least a few years.)

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
IP IP Logged
raj261178

Quote raj261178 Replybullet Posted: 28/Jun/2009 at 11:03pm
I like udayan and sankar sharma much more than Rakesh jun.. and samir arora.We need analysts who can change with market and not people who are static in their ideas.
i feel sankar sharma was correct from beginning of 2008 and even now this guy changes with time. (from fearless bear to fearful bear to fearful bull) - he was the one who predicted 18000 when sensex was at 10k somewhere in jan 2009.
    Analysts also like us will go wrong. Udayan even though has gone wrong big time when it mattered in march 2009, provided good account of himself in full 2008 and he is a hit among most of the small time investors for his sincerity and will always have ear full for udayan.  Samir was caught napping full of 2008 and same was the case with RJ also who predicted bull run lot of times.
Still we are not sure who has finally won as market can move past 16000 or it can again come back to 10000.  Anyway kudos to people who have to take a strong stance and then chage views based on market, because this chameleon nature is something not everybody is accustomed to.

IP IP Logged
PKB2000

Quote PKB2000 Replybullet Posted: 28/Jun/2009 at 1:45am
Originally posted by raj261178

I like udayan ------ Udayan even though has gone wrong big time when it mattered in march 2009, provided good account of himself in full 2008 and he is a hit among most of the small time investors for his sincerity and will always have ear full for udayan.  --------.

I could not rememember well what Udayan told in March 2009. I think he remained very optimistic and positive since February end 2009 about market. Word of caution in between is required and exactly Udyan did the same in March 2009. Probably that may help the investor to keep some money aside as they say CASH is always king.
But I overwhelmingly accept the performance of Udayan and agreed on what is said in above.
At the same time I have noticed few other channels also gave positive feedback time to time especially UTVi.l I remain invested (Smile) mostly  in watching CNBC TV18 (most of the time in my daily life).
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version