Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Words of Wisdom
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Words of Wisdom
Message Icon Topic: Indian Markets and the so called experts! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
prabhakarkudva

Online Status: Offline
Quote prabhakarkudva Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 1:49pm
What these experts don't realize is markets are all about odds. We hardly see one of these guys talking about different scenarios that might pan out and then see whats the worst that might happen and whats the best that can happen and then take an intelligent call.

Its funny how they are so sure about whats going to happen.They all have great faith in their "expert" abilities but they don't really have any conviction about the economy/a stock.They don't  stick to their calls,they are too afraid cos they are not sure.Like any layman,they too are just guessing.

Faith is blind,Conviction is not.

We need more of the latter.
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 4:14pm
a nice article by akash prakash on today 26-6-2009 business -standard on the importance of ROE in the prestnt context.
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
9StockPortfolio

Quote 9StockPortfolio Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 4:38pm
nice article Basantji
Pursuit of Value
IP IP Logged
praveen

Quote praveen Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 4:41pm
It would be naive to think that these people walk the talk. Someone who appears a bull on the Idiot box may be actually selling bigtime and vice-versa.

Kahete hain na "Dekhave par mat jao, apni akal lagao"

BTW an excellently written piece. Enjoyed reading it LOL
The quest for knowledge is a never ending Journey
IP IP Logged
rajeshn07

Quote rajeshn07 Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 4:56pm
Very well said sir. The mentioned MF chief (?) and the anchor are worst than a sucker trader.  At 8k, he says he is having 20k crores of money and waiting to invest & at 15 k he says he wants to invest and launches one more NFO.
One cant be more stupid than this.
Nothing to mentioned about the anchor - he just another useless guy, playing with TV viewers' portfolio/money.

Poor investors and traders who are putting their money watching them.
IP IP Logged
chimak10

Quote chimak10 Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 4:59pm
Good article Sirjee

I only like RJ's talk.
IP IP Logged
suyogagrawal

Quote suyogagrawal Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 5:42pm
I totally agree with chimak. Infact i had been following all of RJ's interviews in ant news channel or newspapers and i find most consistency in whatever he says. Rest all are like a leaf floating in the water, changing their direction along with the flow. All these people have formed a group, each one benefitting from other. The TV channel presents them as a demi god. I would never invest in the mentioned MF even if they promise me stars. I think its high time that we should come forward in exposing these self acclaimed gurus. People will gain much more if they follow this forum rather then listening to these bised people
IP IP Logged
FutureBull

Quote FutureBull Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2009 at 6:12pm
Great article Basantji...eye opener for some!!
the fact is nobody can predict short term movements..but everyone will accept that there has always been interest to know short term and medium term movements..so one side there is demand and other side ever increasing competition in business media keeps them churning out something to retain eyeba*ls..but it definitely hurts who can't think much of their own and take decisions based on so called "calls" & "recos".. i have seen ppl making upto 25k/day based on these crappy recos. consistently. obviously they r day traders.. but the prob. is they can't even think of long term and so it serves them..we have ppl who keep listening to them and take trading decisions..
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version