Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: TTK PRESTIGE Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 107 Next >>
amitdip

Online Status: Offline
Quote amitdip Replybullet Posted: 07/Nov/2009 at 2:46am
You can call up at this number (+91-80-22217438) and ask for Ms Manjul, she will be able to find out answers. I have rarely got reply by email for investor queries. Earlier I emailed as a customer at their subsidiary http://www.manttra.com/

Whereabouts do you live ? They are opening new prestige smart kitchen shops which should be visited, should ask the owner about business performance etc. I asked my brother regarding a new store that opened 3 months back in Hyderabad, but he has no time for these things.

Amit
IP IP Logged
kunz1981

Quote kunz1981 Replybullet Posted: 07/Nov/2009 at 2:57am

Deleted

Edited by kunz1981 - 07/Nov/2009 at 3:06am
IP IP Logged
kunz1981

Quote kunz1981 Replybullet Posted: 07/Nov/2009 at 3:04am
Thanks Amit for the number. Is she in the investor relations dept.? I live in London so cant visit their stores.

I think one of the important drivers for my decision to invest in this company would be whether the management is confident about ramping up margins and thus ROE (excluding low RM cost benefit which they have no control over but is cyclical in nature).

If you look at 5 yr, 3 yr share price performance Hawkins has comfortably outperformed TTK (Not that TTK has done badly) driven by consistently higher ROE.

Obviously we dont want to base our investment decisions purely on the past but thats a good indicator.  

Edited by kunz1981 - 07/Nov/2009 at 3:09am
IP IP Logged
amitdip

Quote amitdip Replybullet Posted: 07/Nov/2009 at 3:06am
Yeah, she replies to investor queries.

Also, can you please add this question to your list:

What is ratio of company owned v/s franchise stores. ROE will go through the roof once franchise stores increase.

Do keep us updated here after you have spoken with her.

One possible answer to your question can be derived from this statistic: About 80% of Urban India uses cookers and only 22% of Rural India. Rural India will upgrade when they get gas/lpg connection and can afford a cooker. 40% India lives in urban and 60% in Rural areas approx. So, biggest kicker will come from rural as well as new families.

Cheers

Amit
IP IP Logged
amitdip

Quote amitdip Replybullet Posted: 07/Nov/2009 at 3:18am
About Hawkins vs TTK. People are not investing in TTK @ TED as management wanted to delist. For ROE comparison Hawkins equity in 2005 was 7 crores and TTKs equity was 28 Crores. So, one has to go 10 years in past to find why that happened. If a company made losses in last 10 years its equity may be only 1 crore and may make profit of 10 crores on recovery. That looks like 1000% ROE. TTK tried many things including retail story and succeeded to a big extent, whereas Hawkins stuck only to cookers and expanded only to other utensils.

I am invested 40% in Hawkins and 30% in TTK Prestige. Hawkins may taper off at 20% growth whereas TTK may edge higher, so I will moving into this one from Hawkins over the next one year. But higher dividends of Hawkins will prevent it from being dragged down.
IP IP Logged
amitdip

Quote amitdip Replybullet Posted: 07/Nov/2009 at 3:37am
Another important metric I try to keep in my checklist is from S & P global challengers study - to look at Employee Cost/employees hired. You'll see that Hawkins is flat vs 30% growth for TTK Prestige.
IP IP Logged
amitdip

Quote amitdip Replybullet Posted: 10/Nov/2009 at 8:56am
http://www.livemint.com/2009/11/10215056/Cookware-concerns.html
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 10/Nov/2009 at 9:14am
This is a normal movement. WHat is this guy trying to talk about?

http://www.lme.co.uk/aluminium_graphs.asp

Originally posted by amitdip

In the last one month, though, the price of aluminium, which accounts for 50-55% of the material cost has seen a price increase of around 10%. “How much of the cost increase can be passed on depends on market factors, although history states that we have been able to handle this,” said an official from TTK Prestige.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 107 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version