Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
Message Icon Topic: Let's Introduce ourselves Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 195 Next >>
newborn

Online Status: Offline
Quote newborn Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2006 at 2:44am

Hi Everyone,

I am Rajeev, 32 yrs of age,  an electronics & communication engineer, working for an engineering company. I am new to investing and got to know about this site through messageboard on moneycontrol.com.

This site is fabulous and worth spending time. Thanks Basant and all of you.

When ever I used to watch CNBC, other investing gurus on other TV channel or some sites, keeps wondering what is initial level of competency being expected from a novice investor. Always used to fascinate with the talk but never got courage to invest in stock based on their discussion and recommendation.

Now, got a site, which talk investing in context and perspective and explain lot a bit which used to alien for me previously.

I started investing few months back hoping that I will make 20-30% gain and exit (whatever time a stock takes to get this 20-30% return). With this in mind I invested in-

ACC, AMTEKAUTO, BHARATFORGE, GUJAMBCEM, GSPL, HINDALCO, IOB, MADHUPRO, MARUTI, ORCHIDCHEM, RANBAXY, REIAGRO, RELIANCE, SATYAMCOMP, MPHASISBFL, POLARIS, SUNDARMFIN and TATACHEM.

Now, after reading on this site about benefit of concentrated 3-5 stocks, multi-baggers, cyclic vs. non-cyclic, commodity stock etc., trying to figure out making a stocks portfolio for long-term investment. 

Hope this site keep benefiting me in this direction.

Best regards to all of you.

Rajeev

--newborn
IP IP Logged
sunilpune

Quote sunilpune Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2006 at 5:55pm
my name   sunil m shah

place         pune  ( maharashtra )

qualification   b.com

busniess     after completion of b.com i was doing c.a i passed inter and final 2 groups but can not do third group then join bajaj tempo done there 2 years and 1989 i started my share sub -broker business .since the i am in sub broking busniess in the name of s m shah @ co  and i am having 400 odd client all are delivery base and not intra day traders .

achievment   from saving of 48000/- i am holding the net worth of 1 cr today only on the basis of pure brokrage business .haapy with this

raeding only finance related sites and books

shares  tcs dishman yes bank icsa tv18

Good Work Basant Maheshwari !!!!!

thanks 

sunil

Edited by sunilpune - 09/Sep/2006 at 6:03pm
sunil
IP IP Logged
The Lord

Quote The Lord Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2006 at 8:16pm
hi
well my presence here is only for the learning part relating to stocks and have just finished my grads and my present goal is my masters degree no experiance what so ever in investing field so hoping to learn something from the great investors that are here on the forum
and to be really frank the amt of knowledge i have gained here in this field is excelent and i wish Mr Basant all the luck with his venture here
wining is not everything, for me it is the only thing
IP IP Logged
xbox

Quote xbox Replybullet Posted: 12/Sep/2006 at 5:49am
Name : xbox
- Interests : Listening music, watching cricket and reading on stocks, economy & personal finance.
- Investing styles - I started with Warren buffest Style (own for life time) but then influced by RJ. Now I have my own policy/picks. My philosophy is like this.. one's weath should be divided in to ..mother (protector), be father (bread earner), youth (latest fashion) and kid (promise). I explain each here.
Mother (protector) - Income funds/Bank FDs
Father (earner) - MIP
Youth (latest fashion) - equity mutual fund
Kid (promise) - mid/small cap equity

One shall distribute investment to these 4, as per thier risk profile. Meaning.. if u are young, one should have hight waitege on last 2. and like wise.

Portfolio - Yes Bank, Indiabulls, TV18, Kotak
- Investing Legends - 1. Udayan Mukharjee - I like his common sense 2. Rakesh Jain - I like his down to earth approach 3. Aswani Gujral -I like his honesty

Edited by xbox - 05/Feb/2008 at 12:37pm
Don't bet on pig after all bull & bear in circle.
IP IP Logged
ashwin.adsouza

Quote ashwin.adsouza Replybullet Posted: 12/Sep/2006 at 9:33am
My Two cents below,
- Name : Ashwin A D'Souza
- Interests : Stocks, Tech. Analysis(patterns and cycles), sleeping and nature.
- Investing styles : Long Term(2-3 years) and short term opportunist(very rare).
Portfolio : UB Holdings, Bilcare, Goldiam, Mount Everest, GNFC, Sharp, Visesh, Dr Reddy, Aegis, Gati, Aditya birla nuvo, Amtek India, and others.
- Investing Legends : Ramesh Damani(can be said from portfolio, lots to say about), RJ(followed him since 2001 when he was one of the few guys raising the flag of a secular bull run), And now theequitydesk.com.
IP IP Logged
kiranphalak

Quote kiranphalak Replybullet Posted: 13/Sep/2006 at 12:43pm
I am giving my introduction details below.

Name : Kiran Phalak
Interest : Reading, Stock investments
Investment style : Although I have been investing for more than 25  years, it was not very organised, hence saddled with lot many junk stocks. Trying to be more organised for last 2-3 years and do more long term stock investments.
Portfolio : Reliance, Cipla, TCS, L&T , Bharat Forge, ITC, IPCL etc.
Invetment legend : Warren Buffet
IP IP Logged
investor

Quote investor Replybullet Posted: 13/Sep/2006 at 12:57pm
Nice to see so many Ramesh Damani fans out here :-)
The best part i like about the theequitydesk is that its more focussed
on the ideas behing investing in a stock, and how to evaluate a company,
as compared to tips and mundane articles about the sensex/nifty movements
and its ranges, the current trends, etc etc which is what most other
financial websites focus mainly on.
IP IP Logged
PKB2000

Quote PKB2000 Replybullet Posted: 13/Sep/2006 at 7:53pm
Name: Pranab Kumar Bhattacharyya
Qualification: M.Tech.
Profession: Project In charge of a unit manufacturing flexible coupling located at Pune. The company is 100% EOU and exporting mainly to Germany, USA, Italy to parent organisation (Germany).
Exposure to share market: With 7 share of Infosys and sold them with a loss of 49 Rs. Now Infosys is the highest occupied stock in my portfolio (in terms of value.)
Presntly holding 136 stocks in my portfolio. Among them I wish to keep 40 in future.

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 195 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version