Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Buying stocks - Ramdeo Agarwal's style! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6
tigershark

Online Status: Offline
Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 22/Dec/2007 at 4:14pm
pl introduce your friend to TED!thats the best you can do for him

Edited by tigershark - 22/Dec/2007 at 4:15pm
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 22/Dec/2007 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by s_praharaj

One of my close friend has invested 1 crore under portfolio management with motilal oswal. He was telling me that all the portfolios of 1 crore and above are monitored by Mr agrawal himself. Out of curiosity I asked him to show me his portfolio. The portfolio is having around 12 stocks. I found all are sector leaders like Infosys,DLF,Ranbaxy,  Reliance Energy etc. I did not find a single stock, which needs strong skills to idenrify. The portfolio has given 19% return in last 7 months.

I have not read this thread earlier. After going through this thread,I am thinking, what speciality is there with the PMS of them. TED is much better and given super return than others.

Actually this remainsa mystery to me some people know so muc about others but when it comes to application of that knowledge it comes to a complete zero.

I have mentioned this elswhere that Ramdeo is more smarter in his words then in his deeds.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
aloksahi1971

Quote aloksahi1971 Replybullet Posted: 22/Dec/2007 at 6:19pm
I have had the misfortune of investing with the PMS schemes too.These are portfolios to dump shares that are gradualy going out from the portfolio of the mutual funds /more savy investors. The PMS guys operate with the clear underatanding that the person going for the PMS is chiefly interested in capital appreciation. I have faced a piquent situation where the PMS account was first peged to the Sensex and then after the MAY 2006 crash peged to the Mid cap index.
IP IP Logged
Ajith

Quote Ajith Replybullet Posted: 22/Dec/2007 at 10:16pm
          The worst case I heard was a blue chip portfolio handed over to the PMS guys who managed a 60 percent return as against the quadrupling of the original portfolio.
Ajith
IP IP Logged
KUNJ

Quote KUNJ Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2009 at 7:26am
Ramdeo Agarwal in his monthly resarch letter - MOST VALUE has been recomending TISCO strongly, even in latest March 09 Strategy.....says look attractive at current levels.......

But herad him saying in an interview on CNBC day before yesterday that he would ignore TISCO...rather look for SAIL...

Now whom to trust...??

His words at CNBC or his words in his resarch report??????

IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2009 at 8:54am
Trust neither......trust your own instinct, and follow promoters' action rather than the analysts' actions.

Always understand that people speak with a vested interest. So, beware of people who recommend, and the harder they recommend, the harder you run away from them.
Jai Guru!!!
IP IP Logged
Hitesh Shah

Quote Hitesh Shah Replybullet Posted: 07/Mar/2009 at 12:16pm
No one has commented on my post under Tata Corus Cry made here

Edited by Hitesh Shah - 07/Mar/2009 at 12:18pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version