Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Prof Mankekar and his Multibagger Portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 32 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by omshivaya

Originally posted by basant

Sometimes I feel that TV18 is also a good play on the financial services and combines very well with a media play. Cannot think of the financial services exploding without any increase in TV18's viewership.

TV-18's e-broking venture too must be kept in mind with Ambit Capital, whenever it comes up. Plus, Media Process Outsourcing.

These two triggers could be especially on Mankekar's mind: Would this be a fair point to make, or am I being overoptimistic on these two.
[/QUOTE

Raghav says that ebroking could become as big as IBulls or Indiainfoline so that statement should not be too optimistic about this MPO I am not so bullish on these things because:

a) Dollar rupee
b) Lack of entry barriers. NDTv does it so the concept of durable competitive advantage does not stand.
c) These are not high PE businesses like media.

But surely they would add value so to that extent it is helpful.

Raghav says that ebroking could become as big as IBulls or Indiainfoline so that statement should not be too optimistic about this MPO I am not so bullish on these things because:

a) Dollar rupee
b) Lack of entry barriers. NDTv does it so the concept of durable competitive advantage does not stand.
c) These are not high PE businesses like media.

But surely they would add value so to that extent it is helpful.

Edited by basant - 25/Jul/2007 at 1:02am
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
swapan

Quote swapan Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 3:22am
This is my first post on this forum. One of my close friends personally know Mankekar, during his studies in JBIMS. On his word, I had bought Astra Microwave. Though I was not so convinced of it myself, I went by on his instincts as I was a novice then. I have come  to regret it. :-)

IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 4:44am
Prof. Mankekar Held Nectar Lifescience in past. Anybody knows if he currently holds that position? Company looks intresting...

Original business of Asian Electronics was very interesting. They made deals with electricity boards. They leased them packs of capacitors. That pack was improving load factor and money saving by boards were much more than lease amount and scalability was huge. But those bancrupt SEBs didn't pay them. Few years back stock went to 15 before they entered into new businesses.

Edited by manishdave - 25/Jul/2007 at 4:57am
IP IP Logged
India_Bull

Quote India_Bull Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 4:49am
He doesnt seem to hold, that is what I get from BSE latest pattern.

India_Bull forever Bull !
www.kapilcomedynights.com
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 9:32am
Originally posted by SANDEEP

Tylerjee,

You are bang on, I have the same question from several years in my mind. If you start with 5K and lets say you have few 100 baggers still you cant have the wealth these guys have generated..

Basantjee pls enlighen us !!

I was thinking about this and then I realised that the Prof mad ehis biggest money in Pantaloonb retail and FT. In these two stocks an initia investment of Rs 3 crores has become close to Rs 200 crores in 5 years.Wink
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
investor

Quote investor Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 9:33am
Very interesting thread Basantji. I have read a few times about him.
Any idea about the approx range of his entry levels into each of these stocks? I think in NW18 he has been buying above 600 levels, isnt it?

The market is a place where people with money meet people with experience.
The people with experience get the money while people with money get experience!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 9:42am

As per this announcement, Prof's stake in Champagne Indage goes up. Please update.

Champagne Indage     

Champagne Indage Ltd has informed BSE that the Executive Committee of Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on July 20, 2007 has issued and allotted 2,90,000 Equity Shares of Rs 10/- each at a premium of Rs 325/- per Equity Share to Mr. Shivanand Mankekar. These shares have been allotted against conversion of equivalent number of Equity Share Warrants allotted and are eligible for conversion pursuant to the approval granted by the shareholders at the Annual General Meeting of the Company held on September 19, 2006.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 10:27am
Originally posted by investor

Very interesting thread Basantji. I have read a few times about him.
Any idea about the approx range of his entry levels into each of these stocks? I think in NW18 he has been buying above 600 levels, isnt it?

Tv18 - his initial entry is at Rs 585 post demerger.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 32 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version