Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Prof Mankekar and his Multibagger Portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 32 Next >>
Mr. V

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mr. V Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 8:12pm
What about Champagne Indage ? I went through their FY06 annual report and it does look promising.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 10:15pm
Good to discuss about few unsung heroes of Indian capital markets. Nice compilation, as usual Basant jee.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by deveshkayal

Professor is credited with having picked Ind Swift Lab and Spanco well before their prices soared!

Just 9 stocks is fabulous! Retail,Financial Services,Media and Alternative Energy are his bets.We need to do some research on Radico bcoz Rel MF has been bullish on this counter since long.

Sometimes I feel that TV18 is also a good play on the financial services and combines very well with a media play. Cannot think of the financial services exploding without any increase in TV18's viewership.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 12:31pm
Sometimes I feel that TV18 is also a good play on the financial services and combines very well with a media play. Cannot think of the financial services exploding without any increase in TV18's viewership.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes you are right!

And it is sort of recession-proof. Even when Market tanks heavily, more & more people would sit glued to TV sets .

I have heard from others that the response to Awaaz channel in Hindi speaking States & cities like Nagpur is quite huge!

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 12:38pm
So while people stop trading becausee of margin calls etc they would still watch TV for a while just to see what is happening. I beileve over the last one year they have added about 55% in terms of total viewership which went up to 50 million from 30 million the year before.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
vivekkumar_in

Quote vivekkumar_in Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by kulman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes you are right!

And it is sort of recession-proof. Even when Market tanks heavily, more & more people would sit glued to TV sets .

I have heard from others that the response to Awaaz channel in Hindi speaking States & cities like Nagpur is quite huge!

Kulmanji,
  It is not recession proof.. When market tanks heavily(in a bull market) more ppl will watch it. Just the day it tabnks and couple of following days...

But on even a quater  of bearish sentiment, like May 06 to Sep 06.. the viewership dips..

TV18's viewership is proportional to retail market involvement, volume etc... 

I believe we can deduce parallels from MSNBC, CNBC and all other business channels in US - comparison of their viewship in bull runs and bear runs.. It shows this trend explained above.
Often we forget there's a company behind every stock,and there's only one reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.
P Lynch
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 12:55pm
TV18's viewership is proportional to retail market involvement, volume etc... 

I believe we can deduce parallels from MSNBC, CNBC and all other business channels in US - comparison of their viewship in bull runs and bear runs.. It shows this trend explained above.

---------------------------------------------------------

Oh really? I wasn't sure of this.

Let's see how it happens here as we haven't had a savage correction/bear phase for quite a while.

IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 25/Jul/2007 at 12:56pm
=basant

TV-18's e-broking venture too must be kept in mind with Ambit Capital, whenever it comes up. Plus, Media Process Outsourcing.

"These two triggers could be especially on Mankekar's mind": Would this be a fair point to make, or am I being overoptimistic on these two.

Edited by omshivaya - 25/Jul/2007 at 1:11am
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 32 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version