Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Portfolio Check Up
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Portfolio Check Up
Message Icon Topic: vivekbhauka portolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
tejas

Online Status: Offline
Quote tejas Replybullet Posted: 10/May/2010 at 3:45am
Originally posted by vivekbhauka

(where companies constantly issues new shares)they should be avoided.

vivek,

Just should be printed in big letters to remind us regularly.
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 11/May/2010 at 12:25pm
markets fair value should be around 4200-4400 nifty.
hence it will come there over medium term.

long term buying recommended only at bargain rates which will be below 3800 nifty--3200-3600.

todays its a trading market.and people usualy get stuck in trading markets and are unable to buy at bargain rates.patience always pays in long term.

be cautious.but hold ur long term large caps.u have to bear some loss of 10-30% there on ur investments but it is prudent as u can increase holding at bargain rates.

long term concept of making money is to increase holdings at bargain rates.hence be happy whenever markets come down.below fair.and u have to be happy when u see 10-25% down on ur investments ...but still u will be making book profits on them as u never trade.but u have opportunity to buy and increase holding at bargain rates.

get out of leverage..is the theme now.
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2010 at 1:03pm
hi

looking here at the type of stocks people normally discuss...they all discuss basically mid caps.diffetent type of stocks...its good that people try to figure out next multibagger.

but for me psu banks have been the biggest multibaggers.the whole basket has moved up over last 10 years.and u dont need to research much.its simple.

the strage part here is that people dont discuss about the obvious.may be 2-3 stocks may click.but how much money will u allocate them now.
rather than we should discuss the direction of markets.whats fair bargain nifty levels.

its basically about putting money rather than what to buy in growth stocks.all depends on the phases of markets.

so we should discuss a bit about the phases of markets.
stopc specific mid cap is mostly discussed by people who missed out larger rally and try to nibble here there to earn big.its not the way.
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2010 at 1:23pm

Replies: 917
Views: 26836

View Post   Technicals - Playing numbers
Posted: Yesterday at 3:14pm
here i will be giving short term trading calls.they will be about for a period of approx 2 months.but targets could be achieved any time withing 2 mnths.
they would be normally large cap where u can put high weightage(because they are large cap)and my return expectations are 8-15% within the perdiod which will be achieved.u can take profits accordingly slowly s they reach targets.

today date--12/5

buy-long

abb--686
sun pharma--1570
jp associate--131
maruti
seimens
acc

short-

sbi
cairn
tata...   

however i abstain myself from trading as much as i can.

Edited by vivekbhauka - 13/May/2010 at 11:32am
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2010 at 9:35am
u dont need to be a mastermind to earn money in stocks.
i have know people inactive and just bought 10000 shates of tisco at 150 and forgot.he never sell.may be he will buy if comes to again below 225.he has never dealt in shares whole life and no idea of eps book value roi etc etc.
he just lives in jamshedpur,where tisco is.and he knows the real worth of tisco as it owns half the city.u cant replace that city.probably best 10 cities of india.

the message is clear.u need not be a brain applier ....but buy basics in bear markets.now the main thng is to understand what phase markets are.
u earn 10-20% in good markets of ur total fund ..but that can continue as lonh bull market good market.but after 3-5 yrs u will be stuck.
but buying in bear market gives returns of above 30-40% ...and ur not stuck,
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2010 at 9:43am
the only way to sustain in stock markets over long term are the principles u apply to yurself.

the principles have to be followed and be be carried away.

these principles should deal with ur return expectations,greed line(how to control greed),patience,ability to wait,hope(yes or no)..but mostly i dont hope on stocks as my personal principle.
these are basics.but u have to have a road ahead in any stock u pick.how much allocation u will put what levels etc etc....

hence u should have basic principles first overall..after that u can have strategies plans for specific stocks.but in no case should basic principles should be compremised.
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2010 at 9:48am
u cant be on all the boats that rise.
u just have to see that ur boat rises .its so simple.
IP IP Logged
vivekbhauka

Quote vivekbhauka Replybullet Posted: 13/May/2010 at 10:48am
the best part about the markets is that even at 17000 its not in euphoria mode.last time it was at 17000 in 2008 it was considered a bull run.

hence if sensex has to move towards 35000-45000 over next 10-12 years.....

AT EACH HIGHER LEVEL OF SENSEX U WILL FIND LESS EUPHORIA.IF CAN HAPPEN THAT WHEN MARKETS GO TO 32000,THERE WILL BE EUPHORIA.THEN MARKETS WILL COME TO 20000.BUT THE NEXT TIME IT GOES TO 32000 THERE WILL BE NO BULL RUN CONSIDERED AND NO EUPHORIA.AND THIS WILL SUGGEST WE ARE GOING FOR MUCH HIGHER LEVELS FROM 32000 AT THAT POINT.
IT WILL CONTINUE LIKE THIS.

CONCLUSION--HENCE MAJOR TEREND OVER NEXT 10-15 YRS WILL BE UP IF U SEE THAT AT EACH HIGHER LEVEL OF SENSEX THERE IS LESS EUPHORIA THAT LAST TIME IT TOUCHED THAT LEVEL.THIS WILL HAPPEN I KNOW.AND IF IT DEVIATES THEN I WILL KNOW THAT LONG TERM TREND DICY FOR NEXT 10 YEARS.ITS NOT THE SITUATION NOW.IM BULLISH AS TODAY LESS EUPHORIA THAN LAST TIME SENSEX TOUCHED 17000-18000 IN 2008.

KEEP RIDING THE INDIAN BULL.IT HAS MILES TO GO BEFORE IT SLEEPS.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version