Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Fundamental
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Fundamental
Message Icon Topic: My TED & me.! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
kulman

Online Status: Offline
Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2007 at 5:08pm

Basant jee

Please move some relevant posts from this thread to here...

Edited by kulman - 25/Aug/2007 at 5:09pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2007 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by catcall

The word "Presentable" is  used since it is on TED and I do not want Basantji  to be forced to delete my post in case I use the full arsenal of my vocabularyLOL

with reference to the use of the phrase "at large".... well, I leave the interpretation to your imagination!Wink

Catcallji,
By "at large" I meant still available. Now I am getting other ideas.
You can use PM's to use the full arsenal of your vocabulary, getting it off your chest is sometimes a good thing.Wink
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 21/Feb/2008 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by xbox

On this eve to first TED birthday, I decided to share my own experience with all members. Please share similar thoughts.

My journey started on 9/11 just like any other stock related website. I found some very interesting side articles on history/sectors/personalities. Few days, those kept me busy. It is co-incidence that those times I was building new portfolio. After May/June crash, I was looking to select new horses. In this process, I selected few lambi-race-ka-ghoda and few pataka-ghoda. My short-tem picks are obviously speculative in nature. In this context, I was reading TED. All of a sudden I found 2 picks which was also in my radar. TV18 & pantaloon. I was aware of TV18s demerger but not very convinced on making buy decision. The day I read detailed article, I started picking TV18. It was my first connect with Basant jee. I gave silent pass to Pantaloon, as I sold it in April2006 and was quite frustrated with no-price-movement. Meanwhile, I was sitting on huge profits in one of my shirt-term picks (peerless abasan). After disclosing my portfolio on TED, I found that it is worth to book profits and invest further in original shares. This is the time, I started liking concentration. Thanks again to Basant jee.

Over the period of time, my belief in sector & concentration started getting stronger & stronger. Basant jee became positive critic to me. I gained time & again. My belief in financial sector was new perspective to many. At times, my thinking about IT sector, retail & media were quite criticized. Some of the Kulman jees quotation made my conviction strong. BV's currency/interest-rate discussions were my first readings at morning. Later, I started much surprised thread on IFCI. I remember many times I had to report whether I own it now or not. It was quite interesting/challenging time with IFCI. Challenging because I was arguing for investment, when it was traders favorite stock. Interesting because this was first restructuring stock from me. I strongly believe when sector is booming restructuring, capital-raising, value unlocking are few symptoms/side-effects.

In the process of leaning, I made few confrontations, and one of them ended with few more deliberate confrontations. This dark side was short lived from my side unlike

Now a days, I just report events and related analysis (if required). TED has become morning walk for me & I enjoy every moment with it.

I made few life-lasting friends. I connect myself with few ideologies. I found mentor here. Moreover I found prescription to my conviction.

Last but not the least; TED is one of the 7 wonders of my life.

This is a very interesting topic started by our very own X-Box jee. I read it after a long time and enjoyed it even more than before.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version