Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 26 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 09/Dec/2006 at 5:42pm
Should be sometime in late jan - these demergers go through court approval and we all know how our judiciary works.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
nikhil090

Quote nikhil090 Replybullet Posted: 09/Dec/2006 at 7:10pm
Will Zee also be delisted like TV 18 case or will it remain listed and the other entities will start trading later? Any idea
IP IP Logged
catcall

Quote catcall Replybullet Posted: 09/Dec/2006 at 8:32pm
Besides the demerger, Zee is exibiting another similarity with TV 18, in that it is also exibiting the same high volatality that TV 18 exibited before it's delisting...
There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate-when he can't afford it and when he can-Happy investing!
IP IP Logged
chic_1978

Quote chic_1978 Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2006 at 6:59pm
BasantZEE
ZEE moving backwards from 370/- to 315/-
All those playing demerger story are royally trapped ....
Huge F&O positions squared today ....

Do you feel its worth investing at these levels on same story.

I somehow feel it will bounce back strongly with the market ...
happy & wise investing
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2006 at 7:10pm

We started discussing zee at Rs 320 odd so the ones who have been trapped are the people who buy when the stock goes up - nothing to complaint there!

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
catcall

Quote catcall Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2006 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by catcall

I don't think it's to do only with the change of hands, I think the way this script is moving, there is a lot of speculative trading going on this counter

recall my previous post as quoted above on this counter..... It seemed from the way the stock was moving that a lot of short term speculative  F&O positions being built up on this stock. If you are a trader( i am not), then 300 should be a good support level and should bounce back from these levels before the demerger actually occures.. Happy trading!
There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate-when he can't afford it and when he can-Happy investing!
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2006 at 9:22pm
Zee fell because they lost the cricket broadcast rights to ESPN - Star. AT least that is one solid explanation I was able to think of!
IP IP Logged
nikhil090

Quote nikhil090 Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2006 at 9:55pm

But should that be the reason for this steep a fall? Atleast one thing is proved from the latest cricket broadcast rights. Zee is not bidding insensibly and is not willing to pay any price for the rights. I will consider that to be a little positive for company as a whole. The value unlocking arguments are still there as much as they were earlier. Zee remains a good play with moderate management in the high growth entertainment industry.

Basantjee, Can you let us know anything about the past dealings of the management of the company, which makes you doubtful about their quality/intent?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 26 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version