What else to look for
- Risk profile of the investor
- Risk reward ratio. Survival in this market is the key
- The best time to buy is during a catastrophe, collapse or a free fall 9/11, May 17 th are great examples of such occasions. See how markets react temporarily to political news but permanently to fundamental news.
- Are the company's sales likely to grow compounded over a period of 3 to 4 years? If so better to buy low PE companies because they may be re rated upwards.
- Is the product pipeline strong enough to take care of falling or stagnating sales of existing products?
- Is the Company's profit margin better then its peers within the Industry?
- Is the operating margin expanding or diminishing ?If so what is the reason for this. Normally profits should grow at a rate faster then the sales since a large portion of the fixed costs salaries, computers, rents gets spread over a larger number of units?
- Is the company in a regular habit of entering the capital markets with a new issue of equity ?
- Is the Management heir archy deep and decentralized ? Is it forthcoming? Does the company's website give enough information with regard to the company's plan of action.